This game is laughable on the Xbox One X compared to PC.

I just played on the PC version since from maybe a year+ ago...wow I didn't think it would be that much different to playing on the XB1X...it's crazy how much smoother the game actually is, i don't understand why, I kinda get the game was made for PC but when games can run at 4k 30fps on the 1X how is it that hard to make Dead by Daylight at least 60 fps, not to mention I didn't have any stuttering issues either. If they had Cross-save i'd be on PC tomorrow. I guess they don't wanna bother spending their precious time optimising the game for Xbox?

Comments

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    I just played on the PC version since from maybe a year+ ago...wow I didn't think it would be that much different to playing on the XB1X...it's crazy how much smoother the game actually is, i don't understand why, I kinda get the game was made for PC but when games can run at 4k 30fps on the 1X how is it that hard to make Dead by Daylight at least 60 fps, not to mention I didn't have any stuttering issues either. If they had Cross-save i'd be on PC tomorrow. I guess they don't wanna bother spending their precious time optimising the game for Xbox?

    Don’t blame the Xbox X, it can run 4K 60 FPS, e.g. Gears 5 for me is hella smooth and sharp. It’s up to Behaviour to allow the One X & PS4 Pro to run 60 FPS. Not everyone has the One X or Pro so It’s simpler to do the bare minimum and run it 1080p with 30fps

  • Reading this, I thought you meant it was smoother on Xbox.

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    I just played on the PC version since from maybe a year+ ago...wow I didn't think it would be that much different to playing on the XB1X...it's crazy how much smoother the game actually is, i don't understand why, I kinda get the game was made for PC but when games can run at 4k 30fps on the 1X how is it that hard to make Dead by Daylight at least 60 fps, not to mention I didn't have any stuttering issues either. If they had Cross-save i'd be on PC tomorrow. I guess they don't wanna bother spending their precious time optimising the game for Xbox?

    I started on PC, but my wife and I were fighting over it when we both had time to ourselves, so I let her have it and began gaming on PS4, I can’t speak for Xbox, but PS4 is almost like a bootlegged illegal version of the PC game lol.

    Side note: If we could just add functionality to controls to let the touchpad be used for player movement rather than the joystick, the experience would be much better. Ever played Nurse on PC and console? Drastically ridiculous results.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Reading this, I thought you meant it was smoother on Xbox.

    yeah maybe i worded the title a bit wrong haha

  • PC runs better than console / insert shocked Pikachu face

  • Xbox is fine. I don't know what you're on about.

    Frames are not everything and I don't know why PC players keep on championing it. The game is functional, looks like it should (besides Quentin's face) without running at a snail's pace. Some of us don't care about all the fancy lighting either. Maybe I like the idea of being near invisible because the game isn't super high-res.


    Threads like this make PC players look even more like elitists and it's honestly infuriating. Console gamers are generally a more casual audience too, so they don't NEED to have their retinas burned out with ULTRA-4K GRAPHICS and some of us, myself included, actually prefer to have a controller in my hands, rather than a mouse and keyboard.

  • I've been saying this for a while now. Makes no sense that games like Gears 4/5 or Doom Eternal can run at a butter smooth 60 FPS / 1080p but this game can barely make 30 FPS. The truth is that the devs don't put in the resources to actually make the game run properly on console, they just do the bare minimum and focus all efforts on PC.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Xbox is fine. I don't know what you're on about.

    Frames are not everything and I don't know why PC players keep on championing it. The game is functional, looks like it should (besides Quentin's face) without running at a snail's pace. Some of us don't care about all the fancy lighting either. Maybe I like the idea of being near invisible because the game isn't super high-res.

    Threads like this make PC players look even more like elitists and it's honestly infuriating. Console gamers are generally a more casual audience too, so they don't NEED to have their retinas burned out with ULTRA-4K GRAPHICS and some of us, myself included, actually prefer to have a controller in my hands, rather than a mouse and keyboard.

    Sorry but in modern PvP games frames are everything. A game just barely being functional isn't acceptable, I shouldn't stutter just getting hit from Franklins and the game suffers from horrible cache issues on Xbox...even if you hover over a perk in the bloodweb it freezes. I'm not a PC player, i've played Xbox/Playstation all my life, only a fool would think that Xbox/PS4 versions of this game are good.

    No one is asking for Ultra 4k graphics. Just a smooth experience and the way to get a smooth experience is by having a steady framerate.

    Even when i play on PC i'm using my controller...

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301322#Comment_1301322

    Sorry but in modern PvP games frames are everything. A game just barely being functional isn't acceptable, I shouldn't stutter just getting hit from Franklins and the game suffers from horrible cache issues on Xbox...even if you hover over a perk in the bloodweb it freezes. I'm not a PC player, i've played Xbox/Playstation all my life, only a fool would think that Xbox/PS4 versions of this game are good.

    No one is asking for Ultra 4k graphics. Just a smooth experience and the way to get a smooth experience is by having a steady framerate.

    Even when i play on PC i'm using my controller...

    PS1 was my starting console.

    Hell, Crash Team Racing was my first game!

    Never been a PC player, doubt I ever will.


    I don't know what type of Xbox you're using, but it runs well on my S and X.

  • hoping the new xbox will allow a fix for the damn frame issue, or at least i hope

  • Tbh any console Besides the original PS4 and the Xbox one can run 60fps just fine, it’s the difference between the limits with a controller and how keyboard warrior killers are going to come in and ######### on every single survivor they see

  • Agreed,Major difference

    My potato computer runs it better than my xbox

  • @BlueFirebilly said:

    Tbh any console Besides the original PS4 and the Xbox one can run 60fps just fine, it’s the difference between the limits with a controller and how keyboard warrior killers are going to come in and ######### on every single survivor they see

    this game does not run 60fps on either console, i swapped from PC to Xbox today and it's a noticeable difference Xbox one x feels like 40fps at best

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307079#Comment_1307079

    PS1 was my starting console.

    Hell, Crash Team Racing was my first game!

    Never been a PC player, doubt I ever will.

    I don't know what type of Xbox you're using, but it runs well on my S and X.

    I'm running it on the X and believe me it's a huge difference, I been playing the PTB on PC and it's such a nice experience and then you swap to the 1X and it's god awful

  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1307223#Comment_1307223

    this game does not run 60fps on either console, i swapped from PC to Xbox today and it's a noticeable difference Xbox one x feels like 40fps at best

    Ik, I’m saying they can run 60fps on other games easily, I can’t see why they can’t on DBD, it’s capped at 30, it’s just smoother on the newer consoles