3 Worst Perks in the Game that need Buffs. (Excluding the Meme Perk, Monstrous Shrine)
What perks need a serious buff? (I'm going to exclude Monstrous Shrine since it has become the meme of bad perks).
For me...
Survivor
- Poised
- Camaraderie
- Solidarity
Killer
- Gearhead
- Cruel Limits
- Mind Breaker
And the winner for worse characters perk sets are Jane Romero and Demogorgon with 2 absolutely useless perks in both of their kits.
Comments
I can get more use out of gearhead than dead mans switch for sure. Both are useless but dead mans switch is more useless
Poised isn't really that bad, since it works for ANY generator that pops. So, 10 seconds of not leaving scratch marks can ruin Killers in chases if you break LoS, if you're a god looper and your teammates are actually doing gens.
Camaraderie does need a change, though. I think it should work both for you and anyone you're near who's on the hook.
I've had many situations where Solidarity would have come in handy, and I think it synergizes with Autodidact.... if I had Autodidact unlocked, I'd probably be using those two together! So I don't think it's BAD, I think it just does it's job.
Gearhead isn't that good, but Cruel Limits and Mindbreaker are okay. I've seen people use them on various Killers with decent results. But, I do think that Mindbreaker should be changed to be in effect for the entire generator, not just up to 50%. You could use it to easily snag those pesky Survivors who stick the gen to completion, only to Sprint Burst away right before you reach them!
I do have another nominee for needing a serious buff, though.... Babysitter. My first thread on here was actually about changing/buffing Babysitter, and I still want it to happen!
Furtive chase: what is the point of a smaller tr during a chase? They already know your there.
Huntress lullaby: too much work for too little pay off. Would be nice if there was some benefit at 3 stacks like DH.
Clouraphobia: people dont heal inside your tr for fear of NC
i'll just do survivor since killer's drenched in bad perks.
Territorial Imperative: You don't need a thing to tell you someone is in the basement.
Predator: This actually makes following scratch marks on some maps HARDER
Furtive Chase: What is the point of this?
I actually don't think Coulrophobia is that bad, just very niche. It works nice on big TR Doc, and Legion with the add-on that makes his TR map-wide. Also small maps are a godsend for this perk. So it isn't that useless.
I think the same of Boil Over. Not bad, just niche. Works really nice in the 'you can't hook me' build (Unbreakable/Tenacity/Flip Flop/Boil Over), but really shines on indoor maps. If you take that build and get Lery's, it's really fun and quite effective.
and you can combine slippery meat with up the ante and luck offerings for a good chance at a kobe without deliverance's broken effect...... but like, if you need that many slots to make a perk do something, that's a bad perk. I love boil over, I call my version of the anti-slug loadout my horse girl build since the only purpose is making boil over occasionally effective, but 9 times out of 10 I could just pop unbreakable. I have to actively deny myself a getaway to have a chance at using the build, and even then? once you wiggle free one time any killer with a brain isn't gonna slug you long enough to gain that value again. meanwhile on killer side whenever I see the little horse icon in the corner I just kinda smirk and bring them to the nearest hook anyway. respect for trying ig.
it's definitely memey and a lot of killers won't expect it, but there's a reason it's so rare in the wild.
Most of the perks in this game in general need some serious buffs or reworks.
They just flood the pool with useless perks that you will never use anyway and if you do it won't give you anything valuable.