Whats your least favorite in-game mechanic?
Not trying to start any arguments here, just asking what in-game mechanics you think are foolish and why.
Mine is techs. It is by definition an exploit, you are taking advantage of a poorly designed interaction or in-game flaw in order to gain an edge.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
SWF comms. Most broken thing in DbD.
But if you don't consider that in game for your list, then I'd say solidly the hatch.
Free escape that I've been told was put in place to reward awful survivor behavior.
If we are allowed to say removed mechanics mine would be the pre-nerf Brand New Part which if all 4 survivors brought one can literally end the game in 60 seconds.
How the devs ever thought that was a good idea I will never know.
It's a tie between self-unhook attempts and the struggle phase. I don't like how RNG-heavy self-unhooking is, and I don't like how tedious the struggle phase is.
The Dying Health State.
I'm bored being left in it, and i almost always hook them.
99 Gates. I don't like it from both sides.
Dont know if this is my least-favorite, but I would go for the Introduction of Undetectable.
Mainly introduced because of Object it did nerf a few Survivor Perks which were fine before (like Alert or Dark Sense), removes the possibility to be informed about Rancor (which, according to the Forum, made this Perk fair) and trumps Kindred.
Meanwhile, Object is still good vs Stealth Killers because it is a better Premonition (while being a bit riskier). So instead of changing Object, they introduced a Mechanic which is quite bad IMO.
Both sides? It's only beneficial for survivors lol
Struggle phase and deep wound. They're gimmicks that only add tension the first few times they occur, and they become annoyances thereafter.
Wraith's invisibility. Almost EVERYONE uses it to camp.