Any tips for killer adept achievements on Rank 1?
I had my first attempt with the trapper earlier. Shelter Woods + "unexperienced" survivors. It ended well. First game - First achievement. So the Wraith got in line:
- Game -> 1 guys DC'd, rip
- Game -> They found a key. 2 guys escaped
- Game -> They knew how to press M1. Extremly quick chases, but even quicker gens. No 4k = No merciless.
- Game -> 1 Suicde on hook. Very fast game -> Brutal Killer
How did you do those achievements? Any advice for me?
Comments
This is advice from @OldHunterLight.
Kill 1 asap, play with the rest, and try to finish before the last gen is done. Try to send yourself to a good map.
It'a not worth the frustration trying them at rank 1 imo
I had to derank to yellow ranks to get them done
Sometimes you just need a big portion of luck.
Even though I don't like playing against 4man swf while doing Adept achievements, they can be the biggest help if they are overaltruistic. That's how I got Deathslinger on 2nd try.
Pick a Map which is good for your killer. Use good addons.
Derank.
That is just how I found it easier, there might be another way of doing it better but that way has worked for me on almost every killer but Billy
Play against really terrible survivors or derank.
You can play perfectly the whole game and then all it needs is a survivor to dc or hook suicide to ruin the whole thing.
It's soo unfair how hard killer adept achievements are compared to survivor ones.
I had very very good games with Billy and still I only get gold chaser emblem. Maybe I just shouldn't use his chainsaw smh
True. I played like 3 hours today and only got Trapper and Wraith achievement. I don't know if I really want to derank. It would take ages.
Yeah, probably the chainsaw is the issue, sadly I'm a billy not a melee, so I gave up on 100% achievements lol
AFK Wraith a lot until you're rank 16 and then do as you please.
Actually, matchmaking probably wouldn't be that different anyway.
I tried getting adept demo at rank 1. Adepts are hard as hell on high ranks but I've seen that the only proper way is perseverance. Took me about 5 games, but I finally got a good game and got the adept. It's not impossible, just a lot of luck and a lot of skill
At rank 1 there's a whole lot of luck involved with adept. I recommend bringing the killers best add ons and a map offering of your liking. Hawkins and the Saloon in my experiences tend to be solid for adept. I recommend lightly tunneling one of the survivors to try and get 3 survivors at around 2-3 gens left. Don't hard tunnel since this will hurt your chances. With the final 3 don't slug or tunnel and obviously don't camp. Take your time with them, killer too quickly might hurt your emblems. But at the same time don't be chill with them; always pressure them. Try to end your chases as fast as possible for chaser emblem. That's about all I got for tips. Even with these tips you need to get lucky so don't get frustrated if you don't get on your first couple tries.
I hate to say it, but dont be at rank 1 for adepts. It makes the goal very, very difficult to attain.
I can give a couple tips based on the Emblems. The one I normally have problems with is Gatekeeper but I'll get to that.
For the Devout Iri you need a 4k, hook everyone at least once and have a total of 9 hooks. You get 2 points per kill, 1 point for hooking everyone and 1 for 9 hooks which will give 10 points which is an Iri at red.
This means you don't have to 3 hook everyone but instead you have to hook everybody once and make sure they all die while spreading out the other 5 hooks. DC's do count as a kill so as long as you've hooked the dcer at least once you can still get it as long as you get those 9 hooks total. Moris also count but bleeding out does not meaning if someone bleeds out on the ground you won't get it no matter how well you played.
Gatekeeper is a right pain as it's based on time and I'm not 100% sure how the math works on that one but you basically need to protect the gens and not let the doors get open for a bonus. It's capped at 9 minutes so the longer you can protect the gens in early game the better. Corrupt helps with this except for the fact you're doing adepts. -_-
Chaser and Malicious are pretty simple but require some play style adjustments on some killers. You basically want super quick chases for chaser. I don't believe you lose points for abandoning chases (someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there) so if possible pick your battles carefully. Something to note is you lose points when you're by the hook so you do not want to proxy camp if you can help it. I've gotten gold emblems a few times just because of -1 point loss for being too close to the hooked survivor.
Malicious is an issue depending on the killer you're playing. You get points for every hit while losing points when they heal as well as gaining points for each hook state. I've found that you normally get an Iri in this one as long as you've got an Iri in Devout as long as you've been playing properly. Meaning you can't use instadown powers and you can't use the plagues vomit to a degree. You only get one point if you insta down a survivor when they're at full health meaning you'll actually be losing points when they heal up. You can hit survivors with instadowns when they're injured but not when healthy.
This means killers like Bubba and Billy and such you can not use their chainsaw to instadown fully healed survivors. This also applies do Spirit and her Haunted Grounds. Another thing to note with Plague is when putting someone from healthy to injured using her vile puke it doesn't count as a hit meaning you need to use corrupt puke or M1. I personally did this one by puking on them once they were on the hook. If you puke around their feet it will hit them and then once they're off they either wont heal giving you more points and quicker chases or they will heal giving you a super power to end chases really quick.
You should also note that while you lose points if a survivor breaks off your shoulder it can be in your interest to hit someone recently unhooked to check for borrowed time as that'll give you free hits and points if you down them.
If a match is going too quick it can help to drag it out by messing around and hitting them just to get extra chaser points. Chaser can screw you over pretty bad if your games are too quick as it doesn't seem like you get enough points for only the minimum amount of chases. This can also be an issue with Plague so if it doesn't work out you may have to abandon using her power altogether and only ever M1.
Plague is definitely the hardest killer to Adept as the emblem system works against her while Legion is the easiest as just using his power throughout the match constantly will practically guarantee an Iri in everything except Devout. Everybody else is pretty straight forward just requiring a bit of a play style change and some good luck. Basically if you can 3-hook everyone and the gens didn't go by super quick then you probably got the Merciless. The only Emblem I really kept track of in game was Devout that way if someone DC'd or suicide'd I'd know if I still had a chance or not.
Thx guys for the helpful tips. I am done with Trapper, Wraith, Billy and Nurse.
Congrats! Best of luck on getting them all. ^_^
Play outside of popular SWF hours so late in the evening and then hope to get lucky.
Derank yourself then try again. It's possible to get it at red ranks but with how the emblem system screws red rank killers over it really is just a role of the dice if you get it or not. Survivors pump out gens despite people dying on their 1-2 hook? Single pip at best my friend. It doesn't even take a sweat squad to stop you from a double pip, just a couple of fools.
Possibly wait for rank reset.
offer lerys unless they are very good it should work, also brign his best addons and finally see what is in the looby if u see Keys, 3 flashlights probably should leave, or if u see 3 or 4 medkits AND MORE IMPORTANTLY check their steam profiles (if u are on pc) if u see they are SWF it woudnt be a bad idea to leave, adepts area alredy very hard to get in rank 1 and if on top of that they are SWF iss gonna be a nightmare with 2 or 3 useless perks as an m1 killer