Thank you Devs

I just want to thank the Developers and all the people that supported being able to get rid of Anti ALIASING!

Thank you everyone we did it!

Comments

  • What exactly is anti-aliasing?


    Been seeing this phrase around for a little while now. Also does it effect console players?

  • @Unicorn said:

    What exactly is anti-aliasing?

    Been seeing this phrase around for a little while now. Also does it effect console players?

    AA makes it harder to see individual pixels around the edges of objects, basically.

  • @Unicorn said:

    What exactly is anti-aliasing?

    Been seeing this phrase around for a little while now. Also does it effect console players?

    Nah Kage it wont affect us because it's something we can't disable on the PS4. It makes the game look a little less focused and more like a oil painting. It also causes some performance issues

  • @Unicorn said:

    What exactly is anti-aliasing?

    Been seeing this phrase around for a little while now. Also does it effect console players?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/336/TAA on.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

    ON^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Off.png

    OFF^^^^^^^^^^

  • I can see why they force it on. This game isn't supposed to look that clear. It's all about the fog, and larger displays and expensive hardware would have a significant advantage during play.


    I'm against disabling AA after seeing the immense clarity and perception change.

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275529#Comment_1275529

    I can see why they force it on. This game isn't supposed to look that clear. It's all about the fog, and larger displays and expensive hardware would have a significant advantage during play.

    I'm against disabling AA after seeing the immense clarity and perception change.

    That's the lamest excuse ever. Games are supposed to look clear if you have the hardware to run it at a good resolution and like 99% of current games have options for disabling antialiasing.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275531#Comment_1275531

    That's the lamest excuse ever. Games are supposed to look clear if you have the hardware to run it at a good resolution and like 99% of current games have options for disabling antialiasing.

    100% correct.

  • @Unicorn said:

    What exactly is anti-aliasing?

    Been seeing this phrase around for a little while now. Also does it effect console players?

    Doesnt affect console players, just PC.

    @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275529#Comment_1275529

    I can see why they force it on. This game isn't supposed to look that clear. It's all about the fog, and larger displays and expensive hardware would have a significant advantage during play.

    I'm against disabling AA after seeing the immense clarity and perception change.

    It basicly needs more power to run and therefor players who already run at 30fps or lower, without AA, were quite upset. Imagine just because they decided to force it now, that you cant enjoy the game anymore that you've spend maybe hundreds of hours and quite some money on. Also some people cant deal with the blurry textures and get some kind of "motion sickness".

  • Is it in-game option or you still need yo edit the engine?

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Is it in-game option or you still need yo edit the engine?

    Not in the engine. You can add Nvidia filter while using GeForce Experience for example

    More information about it here:

    @Angelicus23 said:

    Hello guys, I found out a solution for the AA issue until devs listen us and revert it. I will let you two ways to do this

    1-GeForce Experience Game Filter:

    (This is just available for nvidia users)

    If you updated drivers before you know which app is this, use for that, optimize games, record and stream games.

    (you shouldn't see DbD duplicated, I do have it like that because I always leave a security copy every time I update DbD or aply a PTB)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/816/CWS1QHKD3DGU.png

    Download link: https://www.nvidia.com/es-es/geforce/geforce-experience/

    So what we have to do is going to the settings part which is just at the left of our user name in the corner up-right. Then we enable an option called "in-game overlay".

    Then we can now open DBD and activate it pressing alt+z so we can see the overlay. We must now go to an option called "game filter" (if i doesn't appear, go back to the GeForce settings and enable "experimental functions").

    Then we choose any number for our graphic settings, add filter, add "details" and the result should look similar to this. The way we're "disabling" Anti Aliasling is by enabling extra sharpness:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/104/VUFINIOVSFL6.png

    NOTE: please don't use that HDR so high, that's my personal setting to help with my brightness eye issue.

    This one is a personal recommendation which helped me a lot to difference some objects and characters for their color, helps a lot with red stain and scratchmarks:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/588/21B76EALPMTI.png

    For this last one you must be precise with the numbers.

    This is how my game looks like for me with "details" and "color" (for you with less HDR it looks a bit darker and doesn't hurt your eyes):

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/275/RC07YJRIBEKI.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/567/4XV5QF783UPJ.png

    ("color" is disabled in this second one)

    And this is how it would look by default:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/272/1J7W3YRCKGUJ.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/900/CT2DIANY6TG0.png

    UPDATE: DOWSEY'S METHOD (only for nvidia users):

    https://youtu.be/ePAIG8fn3Xk

    This consists on using the control panel, and is a faster way to add sharpness, so I won't explain it here and ask you to watch the video to support him.

    -QUESTION: is this banable?

    -ANSWER. No, Behaviour gave nvidia permission to add filter support.

    2-AMD Drivers:

    Credits to @Fiv55

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/056/22M5SXJNOY5A.png

    (watch the comparisions with the screenshots of their comment)

    3- Using SweetFX:

    I personally don't know a lot from this but I will help you with all I know.

    First here is the best tutorial video for it. It's in German but it's self explanatory by just watching it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWceb0ZmjJg

    The download link isn't included, you must google it, or use this one from this link which is the one used in the video. The instructions in english to install it are included in the web page: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/5924/

    After you installed it and opened DBD once, you will notice in a corner that SweetFX is activated and you have to press "(idk the default one)" key to activate it. Then close DbD, go back to the folder where you installed it and change the settings manually in the note files. This is hard and confusing, that's why the nvidia filter is better.

    -QUESTION: is this banable?

    -ANSWER: it does exactly the same thing as the nvidia filter, I also tried this for some months because I saw a dev answering a thread saying it's secure, however, I used this in 2018, and I'm not sure if eac changed anything, but I'm really really sure that it's still no banable, so I can't either say yes or no, sorry.

    CONSOLE USERS:

    for my PS4 I have a TV which has visual settings, almost all the monitors have this. When I choose HDMI3 my TV automatically puts my personal visual settings, now, I can't show this first because mobile pictures to screens look awful and second because all TVs have different settings, so I can't really help you here, you need to explore yourself.

    EXTRAS

    DISABLING VSYNC AND UNCAP FPS

    So as you can see from my screenshots, my fps aren't capped to 60 which is the default setting from the game, and Vsync can be disabled for better skillchecks. I will show now how to fix these too here:

    Go to the windows' search bar and type for a program called "Run" or just press windows key+R. After opening, type %appdata% and click on accept.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/393/0CLWE6PNV5QP.png

    now here, you have to revert one folder clicking here (where the rectangle says):

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/359/EUUB6A8ZGBRO.png

    Then, by order, open the following folders: Local>Dead by Daylight>Saved>Config>WindowsNoEditor

    Here we will find the two files we need:

    -Engine.ini

    -GameUserSettings.ini

    Let's go first with Vsync. Open GameUserSettings.ini then search a line which says "bUseVSync=True". You just need to change "True" to "False" (with capital letter).

    (PERSONAL RECOMENDATION) now that you're in this file, to make the game look with better resolution and better textures in low graphics, I recommend you to change the lines of the top of the file like this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/535/8O6QN1S50YOI.png

    Remember that if you change the settings later ingame, you will have to repeat all this, so to get these settings safe, save changes and close the file, then right click to it, go to propperties and make it "read only". If you want to change anything later, disable this.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/229/MJCKKCKJ8ZKX.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/808/4YDVH7RZV9V7.png

    Now, uncapping FPS (this is just like we used to do to disable anti aliasling:

    Open Engine.ini and go to the end of the file. Leave a line space and copy this:

    [/script/engine.engine]

    bSmoothFrameRate=false

    MinSmoothedFrameRate=5

    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=144

    bUseVSync=false

    so it later looks like this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/116/E5TAM4299N5R.png

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Welp this is all, hope I could help you with this issue. Have fun and stay home!


  • @Woodywool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275625#Comment_1275625

    Not in the engine. You can add Nvidia filter while using GeForce Experience for example

    More information about it here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/147491/i-fixed-the-anti-aliasling-issue

    @OmegaXII said:

    Is it in-game option or you still need yo edit the engine?

    even tho the nvidia game filter is very recommendable, it still makes a very high difference to still edit the Engine.ini too. Thanks for recommending my discussion btw, glad it helped other players

  • What? It's like saying "I prefer wearing smeary dirty glasses over clean ones" lol

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275529#Comment_1275529

    I can see why they force it on. This game isn't supposed to look that clear. It's all about the fog, and larger displays and expensive hardware would have a significant advantage during play.

    I'm against disabling AA after seeing the immense clarity and perception change.

    Ok Mr csgo e-sport competetive pro player. Seriously, it's a casual game.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Is it in-game option or you still need yo edit the engine?

    You can edit engine again for AA.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275531#Comment_1275531

    Ok Mr csgo e-sport competetive pro player. Seriously, it's a casual game.

    I think that's part of what I'm thinking. The original Dark Souls was released forced with 720p, even tho 1080p was readily available and commonplace by 2012. I came to understand the DS devs released it that way because it had a specific art direction, which incorporated the look that only inferior 720p can display. That game captured an art direction that was contrast to most other games at the time, which focused heavily on 1080p fidelity.


    Casually, I bring that up to elborate on what I think I meant to say. If Dead by Daylights intended art direction includes making the environment less clear and less crisp (i.e. fog), then whatever effect those filters or video options are in place should be standard across all platforms. Whether it's for pros or casuls, it won't matter, the oil painting visual appeal, its part of the product that is Dead by Daylight.


    In the case of a horror themed hide and seek video game, visual clarity has likely been considered tremendously, from art concepts to engineering and mechanics, etc.


    This game already looks really amazing. If you invested in fancy hardware you probably have much fancier software to look at then a $20 casual video game that already offers great video definition. Idk anything about video hardware, but I know that people would really like to tool around with draw distances and fog in this game. Frankly, I don't see that much improvement in fidelity in the pictures, and I can see more background being drawn in the second picture with cannibal.


    Maybe these vain minimum standards in video hardware aren't high enough, but for someone who has less or more hardware than anyone else, they shouldn't be given any game advantages, which is what I'm starting to suspect is the real advantage generated by having more control over video options in this particular game.