Why NOED needs to stay in it's current state

Now before the OoO flashlight jockeys call me a baby killer holding my crutch perk. Hear me out.


Its clear that a large percentage of the killer base uses NOED. Some need NOED to secure a single killer. Too many killers rely on it and cant play without it. The reason why Noed needs to stay in the state that it's in is it would kill off too many killers. Many killers needed ruin to put any sort of gen pressure on, or to combo it with other slowdown perks. It is very clear that after the ruin nerf the game lost alot of killers (on ps4 atleast). Considering alot more killers rely on noed then ruin, doing any sort of rework or nerf to noed would kill off too many killers making survivor que times too long and putting the game on its deathbed. If you want to counter noed, just do the bones. It's in your choice of the killer getting noed. Even if it makes your games slightly harder, just do the bones.

Comments

  • @Kebek said:

    Even when I enjoy to sometimes use NOED in endgame build and it's fun, I still think that it's design is unhealthy at least in it's current form. Too much room for abuse of this perk for uninteractive playstyles and general poor implementation of counterplay that has insane amount of flaws when faceing solos.

    Best would be to give it full rework into some new amazing effect that would still make it worth the name No one escapes death with less frustraing aspects. Other option would be to add more info to solo players on the state of totems so that the current couterplay is at least plausible insted of complete RNG hope your team didn't miss 1 super secret totem spot or that it doesn't spawn near hooked person/gates or that you find it under 2 min or your teammate dies etc. It has many other issues but I don't feel like dissecting them all here.

    I hope for new mid-chapter having large amount of perk reworks and NOED beiing one of them, paired with other perks with potentially annoying design.

    See, the thing is, they probably had NOED that way because of HOW easy it was for survivors to straight up bully a killer and they never actually changed it now that it isn't as easy to bully a killer. That being said, I'd rather see them keep the speed increase, remove the one shot down and have it where they can just mori downed survivors at the end game. The problem with even slightly changing it, is how bad most totem perks are. Ruin is still good, devour hope is amazing if you can even get those stacks. And then we have haunted grounds which is the only totem you actually WANT survivors to break. I often question "why are half of these totem perks" survivors have few perks that disappear once they're used, and most of them are used when THEY activate them. totem perks are basically activated or deactivated by survivors.

  • @Hex_KillerMainBTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274196#Comment_1274196

    If you have to have your teammates body block you so you can escape the game alive. Maybe they're just bad survivors. Also work on the difference between your and you're.

    First of all two unrelated things, One is a perk one is a game mechanic.

    Noed is fine but if you can't get kills without it then your a bad killer

    Sorry english isnt my native language? What are you the grammer police?

  • @Dr_Trauts said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274196#Comment_1274196

    not really, games can literally end in about 5 minutes

    Games can end in 5 minutes for both sides gen rush or 4 man slugs.

    Noed is fine use it all you want but if you CANT get kills without it your a bad killer

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276253#Comment_1276253

    First of all two unrelated things, One is a perk one is a game mechanic.

    Noed is fine but if you can't get kills without it then your a bad killer

    Sorry english isnt my native language? What are you the grammer police?

    And so is slugging survivors. the disappointing factor is that survivors are ready to jump the gun to defend why more killer perks need to be nerfed or "why you're bad" if you use -insert perk here-

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276235#Comment_1276235

    Games can end in 5 minutes for both sides gen rush or 4 man slugs.

    Noed is fine use it all you want but if you CANT get kills without it your a bad killer

    And?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I also believe NOED should stay in its state.

    I believe it's in the middle between healthy and an unhealthy perk.

    When a killer starts to learn and adapt, thus becoming a better killer and gaining his/her kills before the end game then he/she will chose a perk to replace it.

    OR, the killer will forever rely on it, make it to end game and never learn a thing.

    In my last 10 games, I ran into three rank 1s that ran NOED even when playing instant knockdown killers lol.. people like easy and cheap tactics, and the devs aren’t doing anything to stop it

  • @Hex_KillerMainBTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276297#Comment_1276297

    And so is slugging survivors. the disappointing factor is that survivors are ready to jump the gun to defend why more killer perks need to be nerfed or "why you're bad" if you use -insert perk here-

    Noed is an ok perks its amazing in endgame builds and even in a regular build. Noed dosent need a nerf only some killers rely too much on it to get a kill. Using noed dosent make you bad, 100% relying on noed makes you bad

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275481#Comment_1275481

    In my last 10 games, I ran into three rank 1s that ran NOED even when playing instant knockdown killers lol.. people like easy and cheap tactics, and the devs aren’t doing anything to stop it

    Not rank 1, but I use NOED with the Hillbilly because survivors don't expect it. I like to keep 'em guessing. IMO, it makes for a more fun game when you don't automatically know everything your opponent has and will use. This doesn't apply to just DbD, but PvP games in general.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276323#Comment_1276323

    Not rank 1, but I use NOED with the Hillbilly because survivors don't expect it. I like to keep 'em guessing. IMO, it makes for a more fun game when you don't automatically know everything your opponent has and will use. This doesn't apply to just DbD, but PvP games in general.

    I’ve learned to not have expectations for anything in this game. I mostly make guesses on the way that one plays in the match. Killers running NOED usually aren’t too bothered about hooked survivors/not being able to get survivors on hook.


    it’s funny, I can usually tell if someone is playing with NOED and now whenever I play with my friends, I’ve instilled a fear into them when I call out that I think the killer has NOED, and it makes them run to get rid of all totems lol. We usually do totems anyway but yeah

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276331#Comment_1276331

    I’ve learned to not have expectations for anything in this game. I mostly make guesses on the way that one plays in the match. Killers running NOED usually aren’t too bothered about hooked survivors/not being able to get survivors on hook.

    it’s funny, I can usually tell if someone is playing with NOED and now whenever I play with my friends, I’ve instilled a fear into them when I call out that I think the killer has NOED, and it makes them run to get rid of all totems lol. We usually do totems anyway but yeah

    And how can you tell how bothered a killer is?

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275481#Comment_1275481

    In my last 10 games, I ran into three rank 1s that ran NOED even when playing instant knockdown killers lol.. people like easy and cheap tactics, and the devs aren’t doing anything to stop it

    That's what I don't like!

    I don't like seeing a Myers, Ghostface, Billy using NOED. I don't understand why they're allowed.

    As if playing against a 1 Shot killer isn't stressful already....

  • By their behaviour.

    eg. Not coming back after an unhook, how dedicated they are in chases. If it’s someone like Hillbilly then usually the usage of their ability and such.

    this is on top of the fact that you can predict a big majority of perks, eg. Nurse’s, hexes, BBQ, POP..

    behaviour patterns are more important than people think, and some underestimate that.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276315#Comment_1276315

    Noed is an ok perks its amazing in endgame builds and even in a regular build. Noed dosent need a nerf only some killers rely too much on it to get a kill. Using noed dosent make you bad, 100% relying on noed makes you bad

    I think relying on almost any perk makes someone bad. Only reason I see killers using noed is because they can't apply pressure otherwise

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276341#Comment_1276341

    By their behaviour.

    eg. Not coming back after an unhook, how dedicated they are in chases. If it’s someone like Hillbilly then usually the usage of their ability and such.

    this is on top of the fact that you can predict a big majority of perks, eg. Nurse’s, hexes, BBQ, POP..

    behaviour patterns are more important than people think, and some underestimate that.

    Isn't "not coming back after an unhook" just typical killer stuff? Y'know, disable two survivors for a short period of time while chasing a third, leaving only one at the gens?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276323#Comment_1276323

    That's what I don't like!

    I don't like seeing a Myers, Ghostface, Billy using NOED. I don't understand why they're allowed.

    As if playing against a 1 Shot killer isn't stressful already....

    Okay, to be fair, if a ghost face is relying on using his power to one shot down people, he's kind of bad. Once a survivor spots you and breaks you out of it, you have no way of stealthing a chase.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276323#Comment_1276323

    That's what I don't like!

    I don't like seeing a Myers, Ghostface, Billy using NOED. I don't understand why they're allowed.

    As if playing against a 1 Shot killer isn't stressful already....

    Agree with this sentiment.

    been taking records of my games recently, a lot of Ghostfaces, Leatherfaces, and Myers that have been using NOED for one reason or another - or even Moris as if these killers can’t end games quickly enough lol

  • @Hex_KillerMainBTW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276345#Comment_1276345

    Okay, to be fair, if a ghost face is relying on using his power to one shot down people, he's kind of bad. Once a survivor spots you and breaks you out of it, you have no way of stealthing a chase.

    A killer using their power to end chases in one hit (more efficient) is worse than a killer using their power to end chases in two hits (less efficient)? Are you being sarcastic?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276363#Comment_1276363

    Isn't "not coming back after an unhook" just typical killer stuff? Y'know, disable two survivors for a short period of time while chasing a third, leaving only one at the gens?

    Honestly, I wish it was the case but it’s not. Lots of tunnelling killers lately running rampant in my games

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276345#Comment_1276345

    Agree with this sentiment.

    been taking records of my games recently, a lot of Ghostfaces, Leatherfaces, and Myers that have been using NOED for one reason or another - or even Moris as if these killers can’t end games quickly enough lol

    Same, if it's a Ghostface he has NOED.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276370#Comment_1276370

    A killer using their power to end chases in one hit (more efficient) is worse than a killer using their power to end chases in two hits (less efficient)? Are you being sarcastic?

    Doesn't really help much unless you're using add ons to increase the stalk and how long the mark would last. I rather use shroud recovery rate and crouching speed. Literally ended a game within two minutes without even using the stalk ability. Plus good survivors are going to know if you're stalking or not, and as soon as you're broken out of it and you smack a survivor, what's the point of even wasting more time trying to stalk when they can just hide and waste time?

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    This perk is a complete design failure. Its unhealthy for all players. Killer players need to gitgud. Thats how it is. Its pathetic how most killers play this game. Theyre on the same Level like those baby survs in redranks that cant do anything helpful.

    Instead of us "gittinggud" maybe do some bones so maybe you'll leave this entitlement at the door

  • You dont understand anything.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    If you NEED noed to get a kill then maybe your just a bad killer

    No you are not. What could we use better for gen rush? Ruin got nerfed. It takes 5 minutes for survivors to gen rush all gens. How can we catch all of them without noed. If you are still thinking noed users are bad then do not use ds or bt. So that means you are bad too?

  • @Icery said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274196#Comment_1274196

    No you are not. What could we use better for gen rush? Ruin got nerfed. It takes 5 minutes for survivors to gen rush all gens. How can we catch all of them without noed. If you are still thinking noed users are bad then do not use ds or bt. So that means you are bad too?

    Using noed dosent make you bad, but if you cant get kills without noed then you are a bad killer. Ruin was nerfed and to compensate toolboxes were nerfed, infintes we're deleted and maps we're much smaller.

    I dont even use ds or bt.

    And how often do you get gen rushed in 5 minutes? Gens usually take around 7 or 8 minutes to finish when i play giving me plenty of time to get a 3 or 4k.

    You can use corrupt, pop or even new ruin to slow down gens

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276928#Comment_1276928

    Using noed dosent make you bad, but if you cant get kills without noed then you are a bad killer. Ruin was nerfed and to compensate toolboxes were nerfed, infintes we're deleted and maps we're much smaller.

    I dont even use ds or bt.

    And how often do you get gen rushed in 5 minutes? Gens usually take around 7 or 8 minutes to finish when i play giving me plenty of time to get a 3 or 4k.

    You can use corrupt, pop or even new ruin to slow down gens

    Even if someone does need noed for kills none of those help. Theres been times when I've been playing a freddy gen build with corrupt and discordance and I already had 2 gens pop up yellow 20 seconds in. New ruin gets worked through like nothing. It's not even funny how useless it is.

  • @matchmakingworksfine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1276929#Comment_1276929

    Even if someone does need noed for kills none of those help. Theres been times when I've been playing a freddy gen build with corrupt and discordance and I already had 2 gens pop up yellow 20 seconds in. New ruin gets worked through like nothing. It's not even funny how useless it is.

    No kidding. One time, my SWF teammate and I literally didn't notice we were being affected by Ruin until he had to let go of his second gen because the killer was approaching. If he hadn't told me, I would've just gone through my second generator without knowing Ruin was in play, because I didn't have to let go of M1 once.

1 2 ›