This is just stupid...

Facts that you need to know for this to make sense: there are only 5 totems on a map and when a hex totem is cleansed, the notification regarding that perk will disappear (because the perk itself will be gone).

I was in a trial with a friend of mine, we were up against a Gunslinger. Dude had Ruin, we figured he probably had NOED as well, so we cleansed the totems we found while repairing generators. I cleansed two and my friend cleansed two more, for a total of four. We didn't find Ruin before we repaired all the generators, but we figured at least the killer couldn't get NOED.

I got hit after attempting to open the gate, but the killer still had NOED, which shouldn't be possible. My friend searched for NOED so he could pull off a rescue and found a Hex totem. However, upon cleansing it, nothing happened. We were still being affected by Ruin (which, like with NOED, shouldn't be possible, since the generators had been finished) and NOED.

We reported the killer for cheating (not sure if that's what it was, but it's what it looked like) and tried to explain what'd happened to the other survivors.

However, they didn't even want to hear what we were telling them, about there being only 5 totems on a map and the fact that despite my friend cleansing a hex perk, nothing happened. Instead, they celebrated that I'd died because I was using Urban Evasion and broke totems instead of doing gens (I actually did repair gens and also healed them when their stupid play style got them hit and/or hooked, but whatever).

The killer remained silent throughout the whole conversation (perhaps they'd left immediately), but they only had two hex perks: NOED and Ruin.

The craziest part, IMO, was that the survivors were so blinded by "hurr durr, Urban Evasion bad, totems bad, must do gens and loop 24/7" that they didn't even care that the killer was probably cheating.

Comments

  • I think there's more than 5 totomes if there isn't my bad.

  • @toxik_survivor said:

    I think there's more than 5 totomes if there isn't my bad.

    Wiki says 5, but that still doesn't explain how a killer with only two hex perks was unaffected by a hex totem being cleansed.

  • Yeah this is definitely a huge sign or how boosted survivors are.

  • He could have had rancor for the NoED effect but I'm not sure about anything else. It also seems like your jumping to conclusions about the killer cheating when the game incredibly buggy at times. Monto had infinite ruin once as it simply never spawned on a totem. The same could have happened to this guy with Ruin and NoED.

    I've also lied to my friend saying I cleansed multiple totems without touching any so he wouldn't look and had quite the giggle when he got NoED at the end but that's cause we mess with each other so I can't really say if that's a possibility here.

    What were the killers perks and do you have a video or screenshots or anything?

  • That's definitely a bug. Have you reported it to the staff?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Yeah this is definitely a huge sign or how boosted survivors are.

    No kidding. I am (or was, before my extended break) an above-average survivor at best, but I'm quickly finding myself in single-digit ranks. Sometimes, when I die, I still pip. It's ridiculous.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    He could have had rancor for the NoED effect but I'm not sure about anything else. It also seems like your jumping to conclusions about the killer cheating when the game incredibly buggy at times. Monto had infinite ruin once as it simply never spawned on a totem. The same could have happened to this guy with Ruin and NoED.

    I've also lied to my friend saying I cleansed multiple totems without touching any so he wouldn't look and had quite the giggle when he got NoED at the end but that's cause we mess with each other so I can't really say if that's a possibility here.

    What were the killers perks and do you have a video or screenshots or anything?

    My friend wouldn't lie to me and the killer definitely had NOED, we saw it in the score screen. The killer had NOED, Ruin, and some others I can't recall. I didn't record it, no.

    @Megaguardain said:

    That's definitely a bug. Have you reported it to the staff?

    I reported the killer because it looked like cheating to me. I'll write up a bug report tomorrow.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I believe there's a very rare bug that has existed for a while now (6 months, maybe more?) that sometimes a hex totem just doesn't spawn for a hex perk. I remember there being a video somewhere a while back where a killer was looking for his Ruin totem and it just wasn't there.

    Or there's a new bug, where NOED can "take over" another hex totem if said hex totem is the only remaining one, which is also pretty possible knowing this game's spaghetti code.

    Now I feel like an ######### for reporting that killer.