Chapter 16 plot twist

Its a Friday the 13th chapter but the killer is Pamela Voorhees. Doesn't get much more classic than that!

Comments

  • I think people might get angry about that, but id dig it

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Its a Friday the 13th chapter but the killer is Pamela Voorhees. Doesn't get much more classic than that!

    i mean she was the original

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    I think people might get angry about that, but id dig it

    I would be pissed for about 5 seconds. Then i would laugh and probably never play another killer. The troll factor would be so worth it.

    Especially if she had a hockey mask!

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270441#Comment_1270441

    I would be pissed for about 5 seconds. Then i would laugh and probably never play another killer. The troll factor would be so worth it.

    Especially if she had a hockey mask!

    If i remember correctly the lawsuit is about Jason specifically, so who knows. Maybe ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270501#Comment_1270501

    If i remember correctly the lawsuit is about Jason specifically, so who knows. Maybe ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Thats what i thought too, but i looked it up. It's about the guy who owns the rights to Friday the 13th in general and the guy who wrote the movie. While Jason (as we know him hockey mask wise) didnt appear until the 2nd movie (hockey mask in the 3rd) young jason was mentioned by name and flashbacks.

    So the legal maneuvering theyd have to do to get either of the characters would be pointless just to get Pamela.

    Then again, im not at all a lawyer and prefer common sense and logic to lawyerese.

  • Oh no, it's madonna with machete, everyone run!

  • I know behaviour can be bad on some stuff but I really trust that they aren't that stupid to make this mistake

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Oh no, it's madonna with machete, everyone run!

    I run from madonna without the hatchet to be fair!

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Oh no, it's madonna with machete, everyone run!

    hey as long as her terror radius isn't anything out of mdna or american life i'm good with having madonna in the game chasing me with a machete.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Its a Friday the 13th chapter but the killer is Pamela Voorhees. Doesn't get much more classic than that!

    You have more balls than i do, was thinking this but never said it. TBH would like to see it, pays hommage to the first Ft13. plus they could down the line make jason a cosmetic like how legion is, different body different character.... kinda.... not really

  • @mistar_z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270521#Comment_1270521

    hey as long as her terror radius isn't anything out of mdna or american life i'm good with having madonna in the game chasing me with a machete.

    We all have our fetishes lol

    @mottigedel said:

    As far as i know the legal battle is about the first original movie... the cyrstal lake place and the name Jason voorhees.

    As a result i don't think it's forbidden to make the character voorhees that appears in the second movie and on ... (with the mask) and use a different name for him ...

    Correct me if i'm wrong though

    I can't correct you. I don't do the lawyer thing...i have a soul. However, isn't trapper supposed to be their Jason?

    @LivUndead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/152000/chapter-16-plot-twist

    You have more balls than i do, was thinking this but never said it. TBH would like to see it, pays hommage to the first Ft13. plus they could down the line make jason a cosmetic like how legion is, different body different character.... kinda.... not really

    The Devs would be the ones with the planet sized balls if they did this lol

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Its a Friday the 13th chapter but the killer is Pamela Voorhees. Doesn't get much more classic than that!

    I really like this but yeah, people might be upset expecting Jason, even tho Pamela is the original killer.

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270643#Comment_1270643

    at least that's what i have read on the interwebs...

    I also saw a youtuber talk about a boardgame based on friday the 13th that has been released this year. This would imply that using the license is doable if you concentrate on the things that are not licensed from the original movie.

    I saw that. Would be really cool to get Jason, if only because he's my favorite slasher. Next to jack frost the killer snowman!

    Although they wouldn't be allowed to call it crystal lake. But i think they could do good things with a campground type map. Not sure where the pallets would fit in though

  • https://youtu.be/reHO3XcA3sI

    I think she is plenty threatening lol. I just dont see her as a killer running around in circles until she gets hit with a pallet.

  • That's....actually hilarious. I hadn't thought of this. ๐Ÿ˜

  • And theres even a Claudette in the movie!!!!!