Matchmaking as killer is really unfun
I can't commit to chases without anti-gen perks- or I lose basically- I'm a low rank killer, so yes, I'm "bad" so don't come at me with that. But every time I try and play killer I just can't commit to chases, unless I have gen pressure perks, because they get finished before I even get to a gen across the map at the start- or I go, at the start, to a gen and by then the gen I started by is at 70%.
I'm a survivor main, and I agree that when my friends and I play survivor it's pretty easy to win if we all work on separate gens. I just have no intention to play killer anymore because it's so ridiculous to have to give up on chases because you're worried about generators. It's kinda sad.
Survivor is funner though (to me, you don't have to agree, I'm also not saying you CAN'T have fun as killer, I'm just saying that if you have red ranks that know how to do the objective and commit to a chase there is a slim chance, you know?)
I don't really care if they fix it or not, I doubt it- I just wanted to complain honestly. I just can't play killer lately because it's so frustrating lol.
Comments
I need to level up plague for corrupt smh
Also in this post you don't have to agree with me so don't get angry and try to change my mind, because it's not changing
But didn’t you hear, mid-chapter patch 3.7.0 “decreased gen-time efficiency” and was “completely killer sided” while “further needing survivors”
•If you ask me though, this patch did absolutely nothing in terms of helping killers enjoy the game any better. Just look at survivor queue times, they’re the exact same as before.
Agree, as a survivor main- I have come across many killers who are really upset at the end of the game because they committed for just a little too long and the game ended in about 7 minutes. It sucks.
Gen rushing isn't fixed, by any means- Ruin or pop is a very needed perk, or corrupt, or both- which sucks. Why should a perk be needed to play killer?
Patch 3.7 has actually helped a lot. Most of the stupid god loops are gone. Huge maps are smaller now and I can definetly feel that. Plague map and Thompson's house for example are much more enjoyable for killer AND survivor. The main problem is still there of course (gen times), but at least we don't have to deal with gen times + god loops in combination anymore. I mean we still have Nurse Map and Badham, but I think these loops will be fixed soon as well. I am still hoping for a second objective in the future that could solve the gen rush problem.
At the moment killer matchmaking is horrid. Played 5 games as survivor (solo) and got 3 rank 20 killers. Im rank 6. It wasnt fun for me and im sure the killer Didnt enjoy it either.
Played 1 killer game and as rank 12 got a rank 16, a rank 8 and 2 rank 1.
Thete just arent enough killers so the matchmaking is throwing any killer almost wherever just to keep the Que times down.
Your killer match might of been a swf. But matchmaking is pretty broken; my friends and I were all rank 1s, and we got into a match with a rank 13.
it goes without saying that you need gen pressure perks, also you cant commit to a chase a high ranks unless you can capitalize on big mistakes.
Remember gens are not the killers objective.
I rarely ever run gen perks any more unless i'm doing some type of gen regression/tracking build. I won't even kick a gen unless i really need to.
I'm not gonna 4k at 5gens, unless I get matched with new players or team super potato.
You have accept that gens will pop. What matters is what you are doing while gens are popping and try to keep cool. The moment you start getting frustrated or feel pressure, the more mistakes you will make.
Experiment with different perk builds and killers and see what works for you.
A 4k at 0 gens is still a 4k.