Why does every Killer have NOED in every single game I played?

Regardless of rank, nearly every killer I have come across has held NOED.

Can someone tell me the reason behind this?

It's making the game quite boring honestly.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Killer needs to have (at least) 12 chases to close out the game with a 4k. Then within those 12 chases, the killer needs to win. Any chase the killer doesn't win and is forced to leave a survivor to do so, means now the amount of chases required go to 13, and so on. If a killer chases for like 80 seconds, that's 50% of the game is over.

    At least with noed, there's plenty of counter play. You can pre-cleanse the totems or just go look for it once it's active because most killers can't risk to leave the hook in the possibility they lose their only or second kill (which would change a loss into a draw). On top of what I stated above, for 5 gens, you're playing into a killer who only has a max potential of 3 perks at their disposal. And this isn't even the end of variables inside games, some games you're going to have disgusting map tiles, but that's a whole nothing discussion.


    There's no counterplay to a survivor using DH and removing an entire mistake which makes chases go on for another 20 seconds, or makes a chase unending until late game.

    There's no counter play to DS and being soley reliant on the survivor to miss it. I've had plenty of games where all 4 survivors make mistakes and don't execute mechanics correctly and the only injured person (previously off hook) is downed near the gate only to get DSed and turn your only kill into a complete 4man win.

    Noed honestly isn't an issue even for a 4man pug.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    Because it's one of the only perks we have that allows us to have a chance of winning when games end in under 5 minutes and SWF groups are everywhere.

    I could say the same thing about D. Strike, and Dead Hard. Every Survivor uses them because they work.

    SWF which is 0.05% of the survivor base suddenly is everywhere, interesting. I guess you are just the most unlucky person in the world, or you just suck that bad that every game feels like a SWF game. Also DS and DH are not even close to every game, let along every survivor lmao.

  • @AvengerBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268235#Comment_1268235

    SWF which is 0.05% of the survivor base suddenly is everywhere, interesting. I guess you are just the most unlucky person in the world, or you just suck that bad that every game feels like a SWF game. Also DS and DH are not even close to every game, let along every survivor lmao.

    According to the last stats posted, SWF is 50% of all trials.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269706#Comment_1269706

    According to the last stats posted, SWF is 50% of all trials.

    Cite?

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268264#Comment_1268264

    NOED doesn't do anything to slow down the game. Survivors thinking that the killer has NOED might slow the game down because they'll be spending time cleansing totems, but they can't know whether NOED is or is not in play until the endgame, so whether or not the killer actually has it equipped is irrelevant in that sense. It works as part of an endgame build, and that's fine, but that's one build, it's not anywhere near the only option. And it works as a safety net, and that's also fine - safety nets are designed to compensate when things go wrong. But relying on the safety net to catch you every single time probably means you're not a very good tightrope walker.

    As for many killers needing old Ruin, again, I think that's largely a matter of perception. Obviously I can't speak to everyone's experience, but the fact that kill rates haven't completely plummeted since the rework would suggest that perhaps Ruin was not quite as crucial to success as many believed.

    Along with the analogy, killers safety net being noed, survivors safety net being DS/DeadHard/Adrenaline? This is a two way street with no road rules applying to survivors.

  • @Doragodx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268300#Comment_1268300

    Along with the analogy, killers safety net being noed, survivors safety net being DS/DeadHard/Adrenaline? This is a two way street with no road rules applying to survivors.

    That's because this thread is about NOED. Survivor perks are another discussion entirely.

  • Not sure where the image is, I didn't save it. It's old, mind, but there's no reason to believe that it went down from 50% to 0,05% (that'd mean 99,9% of every SWF just stopped playing, which is absurd).

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269731#Comment_1269731

    That's because this thread is about NOED. Survivor perks are another discussion entirely.

    It's a comparison, like the many other comments in this thread have done.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1269664#Comment_1269664

    Yes

    yes

    and yes

    its better with small game, a map, or detectives hunch, but still entirely possible without those.

    I only get annoyed at other survivors if NOED goes off. I might have managed 3 or 4 totems, and it still activates?!?? Makes me furious that the other 3 have ignored any dull totem they’ve spotted.

    @DudeDelicious

    Asking yes or no questions is kind of risky. I'll just have to take your word for it.

    While you don't directly state that NoED's activation is infuriating, it's implied. Yes, yes... it's implied that it's only infuriating if you feel as though you've done your part to prevent it from happening. Perhaps your fellow Survivors simply couldn't find the hidden totems.

  • Do bones. It gets better for you once you leave the low ranks.

  • I dunno, I never run NOED just because I don't really like being down a perk all game just to MAYBE salvage something at the endgame.

  • Because you don't cleanse totems maybe?

1 2 3 ›