Next dlc can be the shinning btw

A lot of people here suggesting jason and pennywise

My bets are on the shinning which I don't see anyone talking about

It fits all criteria

-Iconic classic

-"one that has marked the world of horror since its inception."

-Misterious survivor? Maybe Dick Hallorann, he is misterious

if it's the shining can you send me a code bhvr okay bye xoxo love ya <3

Comments

  • Ow my shins :(

  • no.

    for the only reason that the killer just looks like a normal human, survivor, not a dbd killer

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    no.

    for the only reason that the killer just looks like a normal human, survivor, not a dbd killer

    yea… imagine if dbd had killers that look human...like huntress, clown, deathslinger...

    yea no humans in this game!

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268236#Comment_1268236

    They still have inhuman silhouettes; Huntress is very tall & has her animal masks and large axe. Clown is insanely fat. Deathslinger is also very tall and skinny and has that rifle.

    Each has a way to differentiate them from a Survivor, even at a distance. Each is inhuman in some way.

    okay then by your logic… lets make the shining killer tall, and skinny and having a fireaxe

    done solved

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268249#Comment_1268249

    Except people would think it's Huntress.

    Look at every Killer; each one is vastly different from another. I'm not blowing smoke; this is a legit design choice when making a game like this.

    Hell, TF2 did it with every class; they each look so vastly different that you know which is which on an almost subconscious level after playing for awhile.

    The devs here, at least how I see it, want Survivors to know, from the quickest glance, which Killer is hunting them. Plus, it looks intimidating.

    And if they make a Killer too 'Survivor-like', then their motions have to be exaggerated. It's all part of designing a character.

    Boi if you think it'd be difficult to tell the difference between Jack Torrance and any of the survivors...or Jack Torrance and The Huntress...

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268266#Comment_1268266

    Boi if you think it'd be difficult to tell the difference between Jack Torrance and any of the survivors...or Jack Torrance and The Huntress...

    Also Freddy is just some short human looking dude...only his skin is burned. I don't think I ever heard anyone say they thought Freddy was a fellow survivour.

  • I don't think it will be Jack Torrance but I know they have it in them to make player size killers if they ever choose to use him. Because they've already done it...

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268225#Comment_1268225

    yea… imagine if dbd had killers that look human...like huntress, clown, deathslinger...

    yea no humans in this game!

    because normal humans are 3meters tall, they have black eyes, dead skin....

    Each killer has a special design, this one is just a man with an axe

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268382#Comment_1268382

    Freddy also carries that gloved hand out to his side at all times with very visible knives on it, wears a hat I don't think any Survivor wears, and can only be fully seen in the Dream World. His whole stance and motion is very different from any Survivor.

    You're not going to win this one, guys. I've made a study of game design, and how a character looks is at least 50% of designing them. In a game like this, which relies on determining friend or foe within a few seconds, silhouettes are a big part of character design.

    devs can change his design to fit that

    they could make the frosted version of him for all we know

    also the clrealy visible axe obviously shows you he is not a survivor, and also the red stain??

  • I've asked for a Jack Torrence killer for a while now. I would LOVE The Shining to be a chapter, it would be heckin' great. I think it would be rad to have an overlook hotel themed map, and to have Dick and/or Wendy as the survivors. I don't think they would ever have a kid as the survivor, so Danny is probably out of the question.

  • I love the movie adaptation of 'The Shining' (not a fan of the book, unfortunately), but I wouldn't really call it an iconic horror franchise.

    It's a single film that got a rather lacklustre sequel(?) almost 40 years later.

  • The hotel would be an excellent location!

    Edit: OOH With hedge maze! O_O

  • Jack Nicholson is my favourite actor ever so it would be cool. Don't know about the power though.

    Side note maybe the breakable doors were designed after they got the license.. for a very specific reason lol