Console Revenge

As you know, a common tactic among toxic PS4 survivors is to message a killer in the hopes that the killer insults them, and then proceed to report them, and have Sony ban their account.

Today, a toxic SWF group tried just this. Fishing for me to say something awful enough to report them. So, I tried reverse psychology, and by being passive aggressive, two of them eventually called me a racial slur.

I reported them, and their message, and just like that, all of their hours and progress was gone. Their PSN was banned, and they had to start anew.

Just a reminder to all excessivley toxic players. That cloth can cut both ways.

Comments

  • Helping toxic people get themselves banned is hilarious. You're doing the Entity's work.

  • So I'm not the only one who baits them into it. Good to know a few other people do the same thing.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    So I'm not the only one who baits them into it. Good to know a few other people do the same thing.

    Some of us need to take some revenge. Its always satisfying to check their account later, and then seeing them banned

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267995#Comment_1267995

    Some of us need to take some revenge. Its always satisfying to check their account later, and then seeing them banned

    I dont even bother with checking. They always get upset that you don't care about what they have to say.

  • I just laugh at them and that usually works. I don't report if the messages are good enough since I want to keep them.

    I had someone send voice messages around Christmas time for body blocking. I could have easily reported them but the messages are that funny I had to keep them.

  • Happens on Xbox too. Its ridiculous

  • @CashelP14 said:

    I just laugh at them and that usually works. I don't report if the messages are good enough since I want to keep them.

    I had someone send voice messages around Christmas time for body blocking. I could have easily reported them but the messages are that funny I had to keep them.

    Neither do I. I kept the messages where one tilted gamer referred to me as, "an autistic rat". Most are funny, I just report the ones that are obviously fishing for me to respond.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268833#Comment_1268833

    Neither do I. I kept the messages where one tilted gamer referred to me as, "an autistic rat". Most are funny, I just report the ones that are obviously fishing for me to respond.

    Jesus people just don't use their brains lol it's like people haven't heard the saying "treat others the way you want to be treated".

    I can't remember the worst one I've received. Funniest was when I was told I should probably ######### for using the term "mate" lol

  • @Zaitsev said:

    As you know, a common tactic among toxic PS4 survivors is to message a killer in the hopes that the killer insults them, and then proceed to report them, and have Sony ban their account.

    Today, a toxic SWF group tried just this. Fishing for me to say something awful enough to report them. So, I tried reverse psychology, and by being passive aggressive, two of them eventually called me a racial slur.

    I reported them, and their message, and just like that, all of their hours and progress was gone. Their PSN was banned, and they had to start anew.

    Just a reminder to all excessivley toxic players. That cloth can cut both ways.

    You know what I love about consoles? They actually take care and do something when someone insults you. Before I switched to PC I played on console. I reported some nasty people and sometimes so 1-2 days later, they contacted me with a new account and cried about it lol

  • Ya did good, kid... ya did good

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267995#Comment_1267995

    Some of us need to take some revenge. Its always satisfying to check their account later, and then seeing them banned

    How to see they are banned?

  • There's no way to know whether someone was banned. Sony does not reveal this information. All they do is confirm that a violation occurred and they are dealing with it. They don't identify the extent of the punishment. A lot of factors go into determining the punishment, first-time offenders get a little warning, others get a temporary time out of messaging. Some more serious or repeat offenders get larger penalties. However sending even a nasty message is not going to get them permanently banned.

  • @Nicholas said:

    There's no way to know whether someone was banned. Sony does not reveal this information. All they do is confirm that a violation occurred and they are dealing with it. They don't identify the extent of the punishment. A lot of factors go into determining the punishment, first-time offenders get a little warning, others get a temporary time out of messaging. Some more serious or repeat offenders get larger penalties. However sending even a nasty message is not going to get them permanently banned.

    Not how it works. Those two I mentioned previously message me on new accounts, saying they were going to sue me

  • If only it would work like this on PC too.