The New chapter might be Pennywise or Jason from the looks of it

The reason why I say this is because with the info that Paulie has put out and what leaks by daylight have said it kinda makes sense that it is either these two. Scott confirmed that it isn’t Candyman so we can chill for a bit about him. We know it is a licensed character and Dead By Daylight tends to go after Iconic Characters that are very popular and know by most people. Last Year for year 3 we got Ghostface, a character nobody ever thought he would even be released or come to DBD. My money is on Pennywise because Mathieu said before that he has wanted Pennywise in the game for a long time but the holders of Pennywise weren’t interested at the time because they were busy with the Movies at the time. He also said that he has considered Jason to come into the game but the whole mess with Jason lawsuit but hey we never know. At this point anything can come into the game which is making me really excited, what do you guys think?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Pirscher said:

    @Dr_Loomis same here.

    The F13th board game got made during the lawsuit.

    Why not also a DBD chapter?

    Jason fits all of their quotes being jaw dropping, iconic since inception and an emotional milestone. Pennywise doesnt fit all of these.. it wasnt until the Tim Curry film that that one became famous - the book was slow

    Well there is a possibility it was already in development before the lawsuit, and I've also heard rumors there was a loophole that made it possible. If it's Jason then that would be awesome but I'm not holding my breathe.

  • "The Pennywise" sounds really dumb and worse then "The Ghost Face" IMO. He'd probably be called "The Deity" if anything since he is a god.

  • @megansnotcreative said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1264462#Comment_1264462

    I agree, but what would they even call Pennywise? The clown’s already a name.. the it? I don’t know what’d fit for ‘em, as much as I’m rooting for it being Pennywise.

    They could just call it "It" don't necessarily need a "the" in there

  • I'm hoping it is NOT Jason as frankly I think he is just well boring. Candyman doesn't really tickle the buds much.


    I think personally I would either like a) Xenomorph, b) Hellraiser/pinhead or c) The Shining



    All three would make for awesome maps, cool abilities etc and yeah could be done awesome. Candyman just loves the bees which just sounds annoying and Jason is nothing more than a slugger.

  • Its 100% candyman, Scotts either lying or is just plain wrong. Either way, its Candyman. If its not Candyman the devs have gone out of their way to make it look like Candyman

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    Its 100% candyman, Scotts either lying or is just plain wrong. Either way, its Candyman. If its not Candyman the devs have gone out of their way to make it look like Candyman

    Thing is the DEVS are never that blatent or obvious


    Either that its a complete rouse that its Candyman or they have just gotten pretty lazy

  • The only way IT can be in the game is if its using its avatar, Pennywise, to parasitize fear from the survivors that are trapped by the Entity. Otherwise IT and the Entity could have a mutual understanding as the Entity feeds on Hope and IT feeds on Fear and are simply using each other for food. The problem with that idea is neither needs a symbiotic relationship to attain what they want so it would feel forced.

  • pennywise as "the entity"


    Dbd confirmed SK Canon

  • @f33dbacksTTV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268306#Comment_1268306

    Thing is the DEVS are never that blatent or obvious

    Either that its a complete rouse that its Candyman or they have just gotten pretty lazy

    It could be a ruse, it could be they JUST signed the contract for Candyman and hes coming in a later chapter. But even the black and gold theme of this chapter leans heavy on candyman. My moneys on Candyman. Id ratger it be Pinhead or Pennywise, but all signs point to Candyman. I dont dislike Scott I just dont think he knows 100% and hes making a guess.


  • @Dead_by_Gadfly That's fair enough with each chapter being so close together no reason why Candyman cant be the next one. - Something Is telling me though its Jason...gut feeling.

  • @f33dbacksTTV Hope you're right. I'd prefer him over Candyman. But I really want Pinhead 😣

  • @Meroko said:

    Jason is 100% impossible, there's a lawsuit that prevents it

    I know that the lawsuit is still pending and has been recessed due to the pandemic. I'm far from being any sort of legal expert so if anyone in the thread knows whether this is possible or not, please quote and comment, but what if...

    BHVR came to an agreement with both sides in the dispute to license the character then award the royalties after the case was closed?

    Once again, nowhere qualified to state this as fact, just pure speculation.

  • if the new killer is candyman or jason I can die in peace

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267641#Comment_1267641

    If Pennywise is a clone, then it's not really Pennywise, it's just an imitation.

    Making The Entity It would also not work because of copyright.

    And It only needs too feed every 20 something years, it doesn't make sense for him too be in the game even if he's ok with it.

    Plus Steven King has said multiple times It is not going too DBD. He's already said it twice, don't understand why he'd agree on the third.

    Unfortunately It won't work in DBD because of what It is. The only way it would work would be too say The Entity is stronger, which is kinda bs. Sorry but It will never fit DBD because of the lore of the character.

    If you have a clone who cares as long as it looks and plays like Pennywise, it wouldn't matter to me.

    As for feeding only every 27 years, that is true for the small part of It which became Derry, but you need to remember that It and creatures of its same species like Dandelo or the Crimson King, are always hungry.

    Dbd could simply be one of the realms of the Dark Tower for what we know, and if that was the case then It can have access to its powers all the time.

    That said, I don't think they will need to go this deep to have Pennywise, if Stephen King said yes, and you are right that he might say no again, It will be in the game. I suspect on a voluntary basis, like Myers

  • @Schmierbach said:

    The only way IT can be in the game is if its using its avatar, Pennywise, to parasitize fear from the survivors that are trapped by the Entity. Otherwise IT and the Entity could have a mutual understanding as the Entity feeds on Hope and IT feeds on Fear and are simply using each other for food. The problem with that idea is neither needs a symbiotic relationship to attain what they want so it would feel forced.

    Not necessarily, the Entity and It could both be monsters of Todash.

    It would fit perfectly and we already know that there are other creatures in the Dark Tower with powers similar to It

    Dandelo: feeds on emotions

    It: feeds on fear

    The Entity: feeds on hope

    All of them have insectoid/arachnid forms.

    It may work, they could simply have an understanding and IT could use a fraction of its power to hunt survivors and get their fear.

    I think that if Stephen King said yes, they will find a way, by mutual cooperation, to have Pennywise

  • @Kate_cx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1264541#Comment_1264541

    Ok first of all, quit using this argument because it's getting old and overused.

    1. Pennywise isn't a clown, it's just how he appears. His true form is a spider, he manifests into a clown to pray on people's fears.
    2. We had hillbilly, who is a chainsaw killer by the way but we got Leather face as well. I don't see a reason why we can have two chainsaw killers but not two "clown" killers.

    Yeah I guess i didn't really think about that, I really just wanna know what the killer's new ability is gonna be.

1 2 3 ›