This patch hasn’t fixed gen speeds

The survivors objective is still too easy to accomplish, I play both sides and in my survivor games 8/10 at least two people escape . All survivors need to do is gens and waste the killers time by looping it’s so simple . This therefore makes killer stressful to play at times both sides should be enjoyable to play but unfortunately they are not atm . Now some people are gonna say your bad at killer , I played a game as huntress today and I was ending chases in less than 10-15 secs but as per the gems still flown by and one of them escaped . I honestly think the gen time should be increased by 10 seconds to make it 90 seconds per gen.

Comments

  • @bubba_is_bubba said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265267#Comment_1265267

    I am not proving i am good in this game, i am not proving i am bad in this game. I'm just proving that gen speed is not a problem posting a screen where ou can see i am not using at all slowdown perks.

    Disclaimer: Of course i had to do some extra work without slowdown perks but it's not an impossible situation (if you apply some strat, you do pressure at gens and you dont do a lot of errors in match). And survivors were good, a good SWF, they were not Potato.

    And it was on MacMillan.

    It doesn't prove gen speed is fine by a single 4k with spirit with no slowdown perks. Especially since there is just an endgame picture. I could post a picture of 4 people escaping vs a meta perk Ebony mori nurse. Means nothing

  • @SpEz said:

    The survivors objective is still too easy to accomplish, I play both sides and in my survivor games 8/10 at least two people escape . All survivors need to do is gens and waste the killers time by looping it’s so simple . This therefore makes killer stressful to play at times both sides should be enjoyable to play but unfortunately they are not atm . Now some people are gonna say your bad at killer , I played a game as huntress today and I was ending chases in less than 10-15 secs but as per the gems still flown by and one of them escaped . I honestly think the gen time should be increased by 10 seconds to make it 90 seconds per gen.

    So you're Huntress, and you ended chases in a matter of like 10-20 seconds. And you're bothered about 1 escaping when you got 3 kills. Like by all means share opinion but it just seems you're upset that you didnt 4k. I wish I could end chases that quickly. If you did that well and only 1 got out, chances are you facing a very very good survivor or just a lucky one. Honestly. Gen speeds were never meant to be addressed the way people were saying they should. And I don't think they'll be adjusted any time soon. Just get used to it. Cant 4k every game.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262795#Comment_1262795

    Yea this is just silly lol. Ranking up is far from easy on either side, especially in soloque. All you are saying is an excuse as too why gens get done fast instead of the actual problem, which is gen speeds.

    Im r1 both sides, as a decent billy who usually cant even curve since i havent played in a while its still ez to get r1, and as survivor im decent but really not amazing. It was hard when old rank reset was a thing now rank means nothing

  • Gen speeds are fine.

    I would remind panicking killers that one gen doesn't open the gates. Nor does two, or three, or four. And it just gets increasingly difficult for the survivors as fewer and fewer generators are up for you to patrol.

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265725#Comment_1265725

    It doesn't prove gen speed is fine by a single 4k with spirit with no slowdown perks. Especially since there is just an endgame picture. I could post a picture of 4 people escaping vs a meta perk Ebony mori nurse. Means nothing

    If you want you can add me on Steam, i like to discuss about those things (after web servers) so i can tell you more about my matches. Not a problem for me if you dont trust me right now. I understand you. It's a forum after all.

    I assure you it was a fair match, they were not trolling, trying to do their match 100%. A classical SWF not trolling and trying to do gen as fast as possible. I did pressure, i removed one after one the survs. Last one was at the end of 5th gen.

    Gen Speed ? They were not completed quickly, mostly the opposite for the pressure on gen and fast chases.

    I can assure you same thing when i play from red rank acc.

  • @Steah said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265725#Comment_1265725

    It doesn't prove gen speed is fine by a single 4k with spirit with no slowdown perks. Especially since there is just an endgame picture. I could post a picture of 4 people escaping vs a meta perk Ebony mori nurse. Means nothing

    If you want you can add me on Steam, i like to discuss about those things (after web servers) so i can tell you more about my matches. Not a problem for me if you dont trust me right now. I understand you. It's a forum after all.

    I assure you it was a fair match, they were not trolling, trying to do their match 100%. A classical SWF not trolling and trying to do gen as fast as possible. I did pressure, i removed one after one the survs. Last one was at the end of 5th gen.

    Gen Speed ? They were not completed quickly, mostly the opposite for the pressure on gen and fast chases.

    I can assure you same thing when i play from red rank acc.

  • @Dehitay said:

    Gen time used to be 60 seconds if I remember correctly. Increasing gen times didn't solve the problem last time and I doubt it would solve the problem if they did it again. The problem with gen rushing is that there needs to be something to slow survivors down between 1 gen and the next. I've for a long time suggested that every time one gen is done, every other gen on the map gets reduced to 50% of it's progress. Or you could reduce repair speed for a certain percentage each time a gen is done. Either way, increasing gen times a 2nd time is about as likely to solve the problem as the first time they did it.

    I agree and I would add this: any survivor after repairing 1 full generator get a permanent debuff - oily hands or burned hands. Repair speed reduced by 20%.


    Edit: It should be both - either helping someone to finish a gen or doing 1 full gen alone.

  • @PlaguesToe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265008#Comment_1265008

    I don't know why you taunt when you're playing the most broken killer in the game.

    Sry if i hurt your feelings but she's not broken. Probably you dont know how to use her or you don't know how to avoid her. Whatever the right answer is, i am honored to be the first person you answered in this forum 😎

  • Gens are not the primary objective for a killer, trying to prevent survivors escaping is. If you spend you're match focusing on gens, you are not hitting/downing survivors. Killers need to move the focus from early game gen protection to downing survivors.

    Gens are going to pop and that is okay, unless you go up against team potato force. Take a deep breathe and try to kill them entitled survivors mains of doom squad zero dark 1000...

    Personally, as a killer mang, I live for intense games.

  • @PlaguesToe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267584#Comment_1267584

    Yeah well if you say she's not broken you simply don't know what you're talking about , everyone is saying she's the most Op killer and a little bit mastered and she 4k every game. You should try with a different killer like wraith, plague etc.

    Not so OP like you think. A good Killer with PRO & several CONS

    • You can only see survivor blood in the phase if you have red add on (very very rare, and in my opinion useless because you will play only with 1 addon). If you have 1 addon you need to wait more recovery power speed or yamaoko hunting duration will be shortened. Not a great deal........
    • Prayer Beads is a purple addon. It's ok to confuse Surv when you are Phasing. But there are some CONS: you can use only 1 addon to lenghten yamaoko hunting duration, phase speed, or to wait less for activation charge speed = Spirit will have less map control
    • Normally you could only see scratch marks in phasing, good for some mind games with her. But those are mind games, you dont see surv movements, you can try to predict according environment, sounds, noise ..
    • If you phase without Prayer Beads it's ez to predict where she is going and to do your best to avoid her. A good tactic, most of the times, is to stop doing gen, to do a run to leave scratch marks and to go in the opposite direction sneaky (many people do that).
    • If you use Iron Will tracking from Spirit is harder than ever if you are a good Surv.
    • ecc. ecc.. ecc..

    And Spirit has the second highest skill cap next to the nurse, people saying she takes no skill is false.

    But you have great map control, that's a fact.

    These premises are just to say that using Spirit you dont have a free win . You have to move often, to do a lot of pression otherwise people finish gen and they say you BB (and probably one of them will t-bag you ^..^).

    ------

    PS I have posted the screenshot not to show to the world "i am cool" (i dont give a *** if i do 4 kills, i am not a youtuber, im a sysadmin) just to show to everyone that gen time is ok if i can have a good result with spirit without using the best addons, without using prayer beads, without using POP and without using RUIN. And those Survivors were not Potato at all. I didnt have a standard match, i was swating, sweating, sweating but i did it anyway doing a lot of pression.

  • all they need to do is remove the 40 second 2 man gen speed.

    If they must speed up gens then the max reduction should be 60-70 seconds

  • @SpEz said:

    The survivors objective is still too easy to accomplish, I play both sides and in my survivor games 8/10 at least two people escape . All survivors need to do is gens and waste the killers time by looping it’s so simple . This therefore makes killer stressful to play at times both sides should be enjoyable to play but unfortunately they are not atm . Now some people are gonna say your bad at killer , I played a game as huntress today and I was ending chases in less than 10-15 secs but as per the gems still flown by and one of them escaped . I honestly think the gen time should be increased by 10 seconds to make it 90 seconds per gen.

    I am pretty sure it is an exaggeration and it is more but even if it is not.. what is the problem if in 8 out of 10 games 2 survivors escape and in the other 2 games the killer gets his 4K? Thats still a killrate of about 60%.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261732#Comment_1261732

    "The problem with gen rushing is that there needs to be something to slow survivors down between 1 gen and the next."

    Every game has something that should slow the Survivors down - The Killer. But if the Killer is not good enough, what should the Survivors do? Just yesterday I had a game where we got all Gens done in like 10 minutes? Maybe 8, but not less. And the Killer was like "While Gen rushing? No fun." while using Iridescent Head.

    What exactly should Survivors do when the Killer is not able to interrupt them?

    (To be fair, it was on Ormond and this Map sucks... So not entirely the Killers fault)

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261732#Comment_1261732

    "The problem with gen rushing is that there needs to be something to slow survivors down between 1 gen and the next."

    Every game has something that should slow the Survivors down - The Killer. But if the Killer is not good enough, what should the Survivors do? Just yesterday I had a game where we got all Gens done in like 10 minutes? Maybe 8, but not less. And the Killer was like "While Gen rushing? No fun." while using Iridescent Head.

    What exactly should Survivors do when the Killer is not able to interrupt them?

    (To be fair, it was on Ormond and this Map sucks... So not entirely the Killers fault)

    Hold up were you playing ps4 dbd

    Because the killer you went against might have been me

1 2 ›