please for the love of christ fix the yamoka maps already
I like yamoka's visual aesthetic, really I do, but good lord the map is either a black screen on ultra or a nearly black screen on low, make it brighter, remove the bushes and bamboo, you shouldn't be rewarded for simply pressing LCTRL or LSHIFT or whatever crouch is bound to into a bush and becoming basically invisible, it's dumb, people shouldn't be rewarded for playing dumb
Comments
agree
If they just change the color pallet to have brighter greens it would be fine. They picked the darkest black green you could possibly pick though.
FYI the human eye can detect more shades of green than any other color. It's why "night vision" goggles are green. So all they need to do is pick a different green that isn't so dark and the problem would go away.
The bushes also cover those rocks that extend low, so while you're moving you suddenly get stuck into random invisible stuff.
Yes please. Theyre also poorly designed as maps if you removed the bushes.
me: ya know what, i think ima play a killer ppl dont see much, the hag
game: heres a map with barely any lighting and tall grass
me: guess ima go look at a wall in the basement
Yamaoka and Saloon are both designed around stealth play, as is Hawkings (in a different way). That's not changing. We're probably going to get even more ultra-stealth maps in the future. It's just one way the Devs have of keeping the maps unique.
That being said, PLEASE INCREASE THE AMBIENT LIGHT IN YAMAOKA! Seriously, the ambient light is just terrible, a Blendette and a Ghostface can bump into each other and never even know it!
I agree that maps should have ways to make use of stealth, but there's a difference between being smart and just hiding in a bush with Urban and P3 Claud
How about wearing glasses? I never had any problems with Yamaoka and this is the only map where survivors really have the chance to play stealthy. this is typical killer ranting, grounded on bad skill.
How often do you play against stealthy survivors on Yamaoka/Saloon? How outskilled do you feel knowing that they are just crouching in a bush the moment they hear a terror radius? It's not a matter of skill, skill is in the chases. Finding people clipped into foliage is pure luck (if it happens fast) or a waste of time. Just because you know someone is in the area doesn't mean you can afford to waste 30 seconds checking every hidey hole, and on top of that those maps hide scratch marks as well so you often lose people mid chase even without the sound bug. Then half of them crouch back in a bush with Iron Will and it's back to square 1: you know someone is in the area, but now you have to waste time looking for someone holding a button real well.
I'm not saying that stealth maps are OP for survivors, they generally have terrible loops, but that doesn't make them fun to deal with as killer. It's a perfectly reasonable complaint to not want to play in a map that's super easy to hide on, especially if you don't happen to be playing a stealth killer. It's not that dissimilar to god loops, or seeing a survivor run into the House Of Pain every time you hit them.
Edit: also, I play stealthy all the time, even without stealth perks or Blendette (I don't actually have any Blentedde attire). Just about every map has opportunities for stealth play, it's just a matter of exploiting them. And I'm not talking about running into a corner to self care, either: I'm talking stealthing around the area as the killer is trying to find you.
Honestly I feel like the best thing for all Claudettes is give them a single neon colored scrunchie on all their heads. Problem solved.
Other then that though, Yamoka COULD stand to be brightened slightly but then again I play on lower quality and I don't generally have as many lighting effects issues.
I think they should nerf the stealth, and add more pallets in the first variation. For second, just nerf the stealth.
Literally everything you post is just an example of a bad survivor player. So entitled, you just want the game handed to you.
I agree that the POV of Hag makes that map aggravating, but if you’re doing your job by applying gen pressure by constantly laying traps, you can give them hell. With how dark it is, along with all the foliage, it would be hard for people to see the traps as well.
More pallets would need to be added, as other than finding people this map is killer sided to hell and back in my experiences.
When I play killer on these maps btw I don't have much trouble finding people. I generally get a 3-4k.
Yamahoka is too dark map and Devs say that's ok.