OoO vs GF?

I was playing a match as GF earlier. I injured someone with OoO. I lost them. I started chasing a Steve who ran towards the shack. As I'm running to the shack I popped night shroud to hide my red stain. I saw OoO was behind the shack. I loop pretending to chase Steve and I run right into OoO and down them before they can use their DH.

Did i just catch that person off guard or does OoO not reveal GF when he is in stealth?

Comments

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I was playing a match as GF earlier. I injured someone with OoO. I lost them. I started chasing a Steve who ran towards the shack. As I'm running to the shack I popped night shroud to hide my red stain. I saw OoO was behind the shack. I loop pretending to chase Steve and I run right into OoO and down them before they can use their DH.

    Did i just catch that person off guard or does OoO not reveal GF when he is in stealth?

    I think OoO itself still lights up but you dont see the killers aura so its like a worse spinechill against undetectable.

  • The undetectable status prevents perks like OoO or kindred from showing a killer

  • Yep, it doesn't reveal you. They only now your general direction, as the perk icon lights up. They can actually pin-point your exact direction with pretty good accuracy by moving their camera around and paying attention when the perk goes on and off, so if they're observant enough they'll still know you're coming, but you'll definitely have the advantage.

  • @th3 said:

    The undetectable status prevents perks like OoO or kindred from showing a killer

    This. It's basically premonition without the range and CD against undetectable.

  • It sounds like GF counters OoO pretty damn well. So long as I am stealthed I can see the survivor but they can't see me?

  • It does not reveal your aura while you are undetectable. Their perk icon will still light up when you are looking at each other, but they won't see your exact position.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1245177#Comment_1245177

    This. It's basically premonition without the range and CD against undetectable.

    Premonition doesn't reveal your aura to the killer.

    @EvilJoshy said:

    It sounds like GF counters OoO pretty damn well. So long as I am stealthed I can see the survivor but they can't see me?

    If you are stealthed then you are able to see them when they try to see you.

    Taken from the wiki, if a person with object tries to find you it will only reveal their aura to you while you aren't revealed. So basically wallhacks in certain situations.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I was playing a match as GF earlier. I injured someone with OoO. I lost them. I started chasing a Steve who ran towards the shack. As I'm running to the shack I popped night shroud to hide my red stain. I saw OoO was behind the shack. I loop pretending to chase Steve and I run right into OoO and down them before they can use their DH.

    Did i just catch that person off guard or does OoO not reveal GF when he is in stealth?

    Undetectable means they can't track you remember?

  • @hatchking said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/148046/ooo-vs-gf

    Undetectable means they can't track you remember?

    *loud lays chips bag noises*

  • Object of Obsession vs. Girlfriend? She better be the Obsession!

  • Who played the necrovalley fieldspell?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    It sounds like GF counters OoO pretty damn well. So long as I am stealthed I can see the survivor but they can't see me?

    Yes. When object is being used on a killer who has the undetectable status effect, it will reveal the survivor from the killer's POV but not the killer from the survivor's POV. They will only see the perk light up in the bottom right.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    I was playing a match as GF earlier. I injured someone with OoO. I lost them. I started chasing a Steve who ran towards the shack. As I'm running to the shack I popped night shroud to hide my red stain. I saw OoO was behind the shack. I loop pretending to chase Steve and I run right into OoO and down them before they can use their DH.

    Did i just catch that person off guard or does OoO not reveal GF when he is in stealth?

    Gf and all killers affected with undetectable can't have their aura seen but you can see them

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    It sounds like GF counters OoO pretty damn well. So long as I am stealthed I can see the survivor but they can't see me?

    Yea and jump scare Myers has ooo as an addon fun