Is Demogorgon just bad?
I bought Demo in the last sale and I think is the killer which perform worse out of all of I usually use (pig, hag, trapper, freddy and doctor). My perks are not the best atm and I don't have Corrupt Intervention atm. But using BBQ, Pop goes the wessel, save the best for last and one of my choice I get genrushed badly and rarely achieve more than one kill.
I cannot make pressure because the portals are destroyed so quickly even with addons, you should use the portals before it activate and track survivors repairing and when I teleport the survivor in the gen are banished making me waste a lot of time. He is even so LOUD, a survivor can know if you are far due the noises, his footsteps sound doesn't let you hear well survivor noises and survivors can even know where are you due your footsteps and sounds if you are near. The shred attack is pretty disappointing too, it is easily dodgeable and avoidable using a loop, is only good for closing a gap and destroying pallets quickly. You cannot replace portals and if you placed one bad or you want the useless ones placed in done gens you have to wait and pray survivors destroy one of them to place a new one.
I see a lot of handicaps for weak powers. IMO the portals should be opened by default before using it and should take much longer to destroy, and I think you should be able to place new ones despite having all of them placed (like hag or freddy traps), also I think the sound you make when you enter a portal should be removed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Comments
Demogorgon is really good if you use him right IMO. Where are you placing your portals, and what perks/addons do you use?
Pop, Save the best for last, BBQ and the 4th is not always the same, but usually NOED or Surge.
I place the portals near the gens for tracking survivors using the power.
Demo is sort of ok at everything and excels at nothing. Anyone who knows what the demo is good at will have no trouble looping him since his power does very little in most looping scenarios where it's either a maze tile or a short tile due to his charge up for shred.
He can be good if you know how to use him right, although, you can say that about any killer I suppose. He may not have great stealth but he has good mobility and of the abyss can be useful depending on where you place your portals. Enter of the abyss/shred charge state more randomly. It details if anyone clearing, standingo on-or near depending on addons- your portals. It also can mind game survivors into changing course or make survivors run out of their hiding positions since they might think you're about to shred them after being spotted.
Leave a lot of your portals inactive-don'tt use them- place them and try to tactically use them at the best time as choke points or short cuts when the optimal gens to rush shift as some get done. His starter perks are in theory good but pretty bad. The effects are powerful but all so mild and so specific in their conditions that without much needed specific support perks they are useless.
Cruel Limits-if that's the one that blocks vaults in a radius- should be powerful but because of its smal lradius and it does nothing to alert you to when it might activate without tinkerer on it's worthless. People will very rarely actually finish a gen in your face until they are very confident in their victory or a coordinate swf team. So you need that tinkerer alert and stealth to actually get in position to make use of it.
Mind breaker, big whoop. It has some synergy with ruin but still. It's so short that it only specifically harms people trying to directly use an ability after you chase them off a gen and your terror radius and feet are so loud they got all the time to get up and start moving for that to wear out. It's ironically a perk that works best for someone like ghost or the shape since they can actually capitalize on that short period with jumps.
Anyway. I'm getting off point. Try using rat tails more too. It reduces the the length to charge up shred which is useful for actually getting a shred attack out in a chase and lets you use it as a mind game a bit more withl ess speed penalty to yourself. Also...don't be scared to use totems as demo. He's actually one of the few killers that can defend them.
I agree with him you have to use him right. Don't confuse Genrushing with bad killers. I was getting hooks consistently and still got genrushed by Rank 1's. Remember to make yourself a good demo against a bad one is to use your shred correctly. Master that and your gonna be fine.
I personally run Corrupt Intervention as my 4th slot, Demo needs that buffer to set up. I would advise putting your portals around corners from gens to more easily get the drop on them. Also try to keep a "hub portal" in the middle of the map so you aren't completely boned if one of your portals get sealed. My personal favorite addons are the Rat Liver(that thing is insane, bumps your movespeed while shredding from 92% all the way up to 101% movement speed, makes Shred WAYY better), and either Deer Lung/Rotten Tripe for travel speed, or Mews Guts/Rotten Pumpkin for an extra portal. if your portals get cleansed a lot, you might want to try Rat Tail (cuts portal creation in half, down to .5 seconds) Don't bother with seal time addons, they're borderline useless, same goes for the mushrooms.
Seems pretty decent to me. Have not played as him yet, but have played against him and watched streamers play him.
If you put the portals too near a location, it will likely get removed, but if you put it slightly out of the way and potentially hidden, they will last much longer.
Huntress' axes are dodgeable. Many attacks are. You just need to time the attack properly. If you are getting looped then it's generally not a good option, unless the player gets out of position. If you know they are going to go for a window or other potentially safe place, time it right and down them.
Demogorgon is not a killer you just play once and pick up instantly, but he is a good killer in the proper hands
I severely struggle with him. Even again full solo groups he announces every to a degree it's easy to coordinate around him even without coms. I think he's got such strong negatives that his positives aren't quite enough to fully compensate. If you master him to stretch everything you can maybe get enough out of his kit to compensate. Without that though I tend to have a better time using a killer I've never played before without perks than I do my Demo I tried really hard to love, bought cosmetics for, and got to 36. Barely play him anymore. He's super cool but getting wrecked is no fun.
I've been using demogorgon for a bit, only demo for like 2 weeks, and I haven't even seen corrupt intervension on the bloodweb, but been using this build, myc, save the best for last, pop and infectious fright, haven't had issues with it, demo is pretty damn balanced the only thing that I hate about it is the noise that it makes when it goes through the upside down, it's like "hey I'm using the portal!!!!" But I think you need to practice more, demo is fun to use and it's not that weak