Keys and Moris are not comparable.

I often see Killer Mains make the argument of, “if survivors can have keys! Then killers can have Moris!”

but those two aren’t comparable like at all. Killing survivors is the killers objective - that is a fact, as killer, you’re hoping to kill all the survivors in the game. As survivor, your objective is to do gens.


Keys are highly situational to begin with - you’re not even guaranteed to get to a stage where hatch spawns for the player to use the key. A mori - whilst admittedly needing to be “unlocked”, is far quicker to use within a match than a hatch is. You can get a mori kill before 2 gens are done.

Keys aren’t even commonly ran by survivors - in my hundred of games as survivor, I’ve only escaped using a key probably 5 or so times. As a killer - in my hundreds of games, I’ve only ran into two games where a key was actually used in game.


Moris can be achieved in-game quicker and end the game quicker - they don’t take up a necessary spot in the kit as they come as an offering. With a key, you have to wait till end-game essentially to use the item, which is a part of the game that you’re not even guaranteed to reach - on top of the fact that it takes up an item slot.


these are not comparable at all. I hate seeing the argument that they are when they’re blatantly not

Comments

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1235116#Comment_1235116

    "While the only way to counter a Mori is by playing the game properly."

    😂😂😂 There is no counter to a mori. You are designed to get caught if you are chased. And you will get tunneled if you are hooked. But nice try.

    Also, don't be cheeky. A killer has to do 30% of his actual job in a match if he brings a mori. Survivors have to do 1 more gen than the number of people on the map. Which means at 4 people, survivors have to do 100% of their job. At 3 people, they have to do 80%. At 2 people, they have to do 60% and the last guy can finally have some reprieve because it isn't meant to be a 1v1 game, and he is disadvantaged terribly at this point (hence why the hatch was actually introduced).

    A mori can be used in the first minutes of the game, immediately shifting the balance in the killer's favor. A key cannot be used until significant end game, if at all. And key escapes happen significantly less frequently than moris because its very obvious moris are more OP. You are bananas.

    Unfortunately, you are arguing with a killer blinded person. Honestly both are really strong in their own ways and although I find it annoying when I do a good job as killer, i close hatch only for someone to use a key after. At that stage, its 50/50. Either you get 4k or you get 3k. Tbf the gates more often than not are really close to make escaping pointless. So why not have them use 7000 point item to escape getting a few hundred for hatch. Again 1 gen needs to be left if all 4 want to leave and unless you're a team, its gonna be hard getting everyone to come together.

    Mori, I only use it if I know its 4swf. I wouldnt otherwise and even then, unless they are sweaty asf, I'm gonna hook twice before mori. The most I've ever had in one game is 2 keys (very rare). Its rare I even get 1 but I feel you couldnt compare them in certain ways.

  • @TheButcher said:

    They are not compariable, you're right.

    You only get a Mori from the blood web, it's used only once, and requires a balanced objective before being able to use it.

    Key's you can get for free during a match. You can keep it at the end of a match even if you don't use it. You can use add ons and offerings to keep it longer. Using it not only gives you a free win, but anyone else nearby or finds the free win mechanic before the Killer.

    The only counter to it is to tunnel/camp the person with the Key and the Key when it's on the ground. While the only way to counter a Mori is by playing the game properly.

    Now that's explained, wanna know why we have Key's?

    The Hatch Mechanic wasn't in the original game, the hatch mechanic was only brought to the game because BHVR had a problem with players (Survivors) taking the game hostage by hiding during the end of the match instead of doing gen's. BHVR responded to the players literally exploiting a game mechanic, by rewarding them a mechanic that would grant them a free win for being the last survivor. Then after that - for fun - they've added Key's and the all escape achievement. Then followed by trying to balance both the hatch, and key's for years. To honestly no avail, because it's an entirely broken mechanic in the first place, that was a poor decision to implement in the first place.

    Now that's explained, wanna know why we have Mori's?

    Because BHVR wanted Killer's to have a cool, and unique killing animation - so they've added Mori's. Being as overpowered as they were. They had to change them to require at least one hook before you can use it, which makes sense from a balancing stand point as most survivors that are good at the game wouldn't get hooked once, let alone get caught twice. However this does make issues for when Killer's use Mori's against players that are not yet good at the game, so I could see balancing for Mori's be revisited in the future.

    As you can see. Key's are vastly more over powered than Mori's, but yes they shouldn't be compared. I think because they were put in the game for two totally different reasons.

    Although I dont agree on your standpoint on this issue as it just feels you've only really considered killers feelings in this matter. I am a killer player myself but I feel that alot of the issue in this game is that I feel the game still has elements based off old generation and that these mori's, keys, killers, perks have not been redesigned to bring a balanced play in today's generation. They all have their overpreforming or underperforming attributes but I feel these need adjusting to cater to all players, long standing and new (in today's game standard).

  • Looks like too many players forgot that Survivors are supposed to be weaker than the Killer. That's the point of why you are the "Survivor", not the "Killer". Smh

1 2 3 ›