Just saw the latest Claudette skin and while I expected nothing I was still let completely down.

Yes I main Claudette (Myers and Ghostface). Yes this is a rant.


I'll be Frank. I'm so tired of y'all (BHVR) disrespecting Claudette. Every other survivor has at least ONE good complete outfit in the sea of ugly but Claudette is here still sitting on the struggle bus for a decent skin. I have struggled so hard to put together outfits for my poor baby but y'all really make it impossible. IDK what's worse between y'all incessant need to give her dark tones or dressing her up in these 90s Sisqo dance extra at an after party ass outfits. I would let y'all slide on the 90s style clothes if they were GOOD and FIT HER.

Like I have legitimately given up hope of her getting a yellow sundress or sun dress period. And it sucks because she looks the best is skirts but I guess we're lucky we got that. I know damn well we're never seeing the beautiful wedding dress Claudette model I saw a while back in game. I get why we're never getting the maid cafe outfit that's been floating around because it doesn't match her aesthetic (but neither do 80% of her outfits but I'm not about to get started on that).

I know we're never getting Claudette dressed up as and of the "nerd staples" in reference to Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, hell ANY ######### DND CLASS THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGIT BECAUSE YOU DESIGN YOUR OWN CHARACTERS!

I just...I don't understand why y'all hate Claudette so much. What is it going to take for her to get a complete outfit that matches her personality. She is a quiet mousey girl. Y'all were going in the right direction with the sweater and uniform outfits (the colors just needed to moved around) and then came this clown fiesta of 90s hiphop video clothes out of left field like #########? I thought the horror ended with that belle of ball nonsense where she looked like a prostitute because he makeup was god awful and her hair didnnt fit her frame at all. I had SOME hope with the medice traveler outfit, but know. Here y'all are with the same horrible gown now in gold.

I see why most Claudette mains just wear whatever. Hell she just looks rushed and thrown away so often most of just thinks it's normal to look like we got our asses beat by the inside of the closet.

I just can't anymore.

image.png


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234738#Comment_1234738

    Many members of the fanbase has grown attached to these characters, it's not exactly unusual really

    Yikes

  • You say Claudette gets all the ugly cosmetics, what about my boy Jake? When's he going to get something that isn't the most abhorrent, repulsive, disgusting disappointment since Feral Frenzy?

  • @PalletsAndHooks said:

    Complaining about countless clothes options, and my boy bill got an ugly sweater. Quenten is uglier than Claudette. Cannibal and Freddy don't have anything. You complain alot about a very trivial idea, and let's not forget that Claudette comes with a hat. Not every character gets a free hat (poor hatless billies) and not every character gets to look like a Starbucks worker like clod does in her apron

    You do realise that all the characters you referenced are licensed characters. BHVR can't just say, "okay this skin is ugly ima change it myself". Much more complicated than that

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234166#Comment_1234166

    The same way Nea and Meg run with huge ass camping backpacks on their back, Kate runs with tools hitting her coochie ever .3 seconds, There's along about cosmetics that don't make sense. Kate running around in dairy dukes, Ash able to do gens despite having a hand puppet, Jane being able to move in a suit as well as she does. You act like you don't know wedding dresses don't come with petticoats attached.

    And I don't care about being selfish. I made this thread about CLAUDETTE and how I am PERSONALLY unhappy with most of her cosmetics. Coming here and saying that is like saying stop being upset that you ruined your favorite shirt people there are people dying in car accidents. It's annoying. I made this thread because I feel that Claudette constantly receives outfits that don't relate to her personality nor story while many other survivors do. And the survivors who dont have many cosmetics are licensed and the legal tape to get things made for them is hell so therefore they don't get anything. Ghostface is an exception because there are literally dozens of Ghostface designs to pick from. Same thing with StrangerThings when it comes to Steve and Nancy.

    Like IDK what you want form me. Do you want me to not vent my frustration about one of my mains because my other mains exist? Does she have good PARTS of cosmetics? Yes. But my whole thing is there is never a good COMPLETE Claudette outfit. Like the make up? Hair is ugly. Like the hair? The color doesn't fit her skin tone. Like the shirt? It doesn't go well with any of the pants. Like the pants? The design of the shirts fit but not the colors. Have I mixed and matched until I found decent combinations? Yes. Is it possible? Yes. But do her cosmetics fall flat in comparison to other survivors especially the females? Yes. Quality over Quantity and you can have 900 shirts but if all of them have holes in them what's the point of having 900 shirts. I would literally trade every single skin Claudette has for one GOOD one that FITS her personality and LORE for all these half assed skins they keep giving her.

    Even for my Mikey. He has one cosmetic but I love it dearly because it fits him so well.

    I don't understand how yall can be so upset over a video game. The game is fictional. The survivors were plucked out of reality and put into a fabricated universe by an entity with spider legs. Yet yall saying it don't make sense that Meg has a heavy back pack and can still spring burst. It's a game. The lore is fictional, stop crying

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/146354/just-saw-the-latest-claudette-skin-and-while-i-expected-nothing-i-was-still-let-completely-down

    People actually care about... what characters they play and skins for them? lol...

    most skins imo for every survivor and killer are ugly - and there’s no point on spending money on them.

    I can understand playing killer but like, the survivors are just all empty shells and could honestly just be interchangeable tbh

    Finally someone that agrees with me. It's literally just a game. A fictional game. A fabricated universe created by spider legs. Can't get any more fictional than that. Cosmetics are the least of the devs problems. Remember, they have to release a DLC every 3 months, they have to fix bugs, they have to balance the game while listening to players opinions. ALL while this coronavirus sh*t is going on. They devs aren't gods.

  • I love how make a thread about my personal displeasure with Claudette's cosmetics and the hate for Claudette continues well onto forums with people basically telling me to stfu and get over it. Y'all really are something else I swear. Just say you hate Claudette and move on with your life.

  • I like the Claudette outfit

  • @GrootDude said:

    I like the Claudette outfit

    Yeah I do too. the mountain get away one. the only one i saw before was the recolored one and i was just so done.

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    Yes I main Claudette (Myers and Ghostface). Yes this is a rant.

    I'll be Frank. I'm so tired of y'all (BHVR) disrespecting Claudette. Every other survivor has at least ONE good complete outfit in the sea of ugly but Claudette is here still sitting on the struggle bus for a decent skin. I have struggled so hard to put together outfits for my poor baby but y'all really make it impossible. IDK what's worse between y'all incessant need to give her dark tones or dressing her up in these 90s Sisqo dance extra at an after party ass outfits. I would let y'all slide on the 90s style clothes if they were GOOD and FIT HER.

    Like I have legitimately given up hope of her getting a yellow sundress or sun dress period. And it sucks because she looks the best is skirts but I guess we're lucky we got that. I know damn well we're never seeing the beautiful wedding dress Claudette model I saw a while back in game. I get why we're never getting the maid cafe outfit that's been floating around because it doesn't match her aesthetic (but neither do 80% of her outfits but I'm not about to get started on that).

    I know we're never getting Claudette dressed up as and of the "nerd staples" in reference to Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, hell ANY ######### DND CLASS THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGIT BECAUSE YOU DESIGN YOUR OWN CHARACTERS!

    I just...I don't understand why y'all hate Claudette so much. What is it going to take for her to get a complete outfit that matches her personality. She is a quiet mousey girl. Y'all were going in the right direction with the sweater and uniform outfits (the colors just needed to moved around) and then came this clown fiesta of 90s hiphop video clothes out of left field like #########? I thought the horror ended with that belle of ball nonsense where she looked like a prostitute because he makeup was god awful and her hair didnnt fit her frame at all. I had SOME hope with the medice traveler outfit, but know. Here y'all are with the same horrible gown now in gold.

    I see why most Claudette mains just wear whatever. Hell she just looks rushed and thrown away so often most of just thinks it's normal to look like we got our asses beat by the inside of the closet.

    I just can't anymore.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/465/DRSLCMLCY8CP.png

    Claudette has a lot of nice skins...

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1232595#Comment_1232595

    I will admit the skin looks good but I dont trust BHVR and I'll believe it when I see it.

    So, like every other leaked skin, it probably won't be changed at all......


    But ooookay.

  • @Jordan_131201 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234738#Comment_1234738

    Finally someone that agrees with me. It's literally just a game. A fictional game. A fabricated universe created by spider legs. Can't get any more fictional than that. Cosmetics are the least of the devs problems. Remember, they have to release a DLC every 3 months, they have to fix bugs, they have to balance the game while listening to players opinions. ALL while this coronavirus sh*t is going on. They devs aren't gods.

    There is like only one cosmetic that I would willingly spend money on because i think it's extremely cute, but am i going to demand the developers to make more skins like that? hell no, i've never used the store unless buy DLCs or perks from the shrines.

    Most of the time I look at the skins and see how ugly they are when they're released, lol.

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    I love how make a thread about my personal displeasure with Claudette's cosmetics and the hate for Claudette continues well onto forums with people basically telling me to stfu and get over it. Y'all really are something else I swear. Just say you hate Claudette and move on with your life.

    We're actually more or less telling you to get over yourself and this weird entitlement you have towards getting a nice skin?

    Beauty is subjective, and whilst i find my skins repulsive, ugly or a waste of time - others are allowed to like them or think they look good. Them not giving Claudette a skin that YOU think doesn't look good doesn't mean the world is against Claudette and everyone hates her. She's easily one of the most played survivors and popular within the communities, whether it's for her perks, 'blendette' or just because they like running her.

    This is some weird victim complex you have

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1235275#Comment_1235275

    We're actually more or less telling you to get over yourself and this weird entitlement you have towards getting a nice skin?

    Beauty is subjective, and whilst i find my skins repulsive, ugly or a waste of time - others are allowed to like them or think they look good. Them not giving Claudette a skin that YOU think doesn't look good doesn't mean the world is against Claudette and everyone hates her. She's easily one of the most played survivors and popular within the communities, whether it's for her perks, 'blendette' or just because they like running her.

    This is some weird victim complex you have

    When you literally just proved my point with this response. Good job. You know you can choose to not click on a post right?

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1234166#Comment_1234166

    The same way Nea and Meg run with huge ass camping backpacks on their back, Kate runs with tools hitting her coochie ever .3 seconds, There's along about cosmetics that don't make sense. Kate running around in dairy dukes, Ash able to do gens despite having a hand puppet, Jane being able to move in a suit as well as she does. You act like you don't know wedding dresses don't come with petticoats attached.

    And I don't care about being selfish. I made this thread about CLAUDETTE and how I am PERSONALLY unhappy with most of her cosmetics. Coming here and saying that is like saying stop being upset that you ruined your favorite shirt people there are people dying in car accidents. It's annoying. I made this thread because I feel that Claudette constantly receives outfits that don't relate to her personality nor story while many other survivors do. And the survivors who dont have many cosmetics are licensed and the legal tape to get things made for them is hell so therefore they don't get anything. Ghostface is an exception because there are literally dozens of Ghostface designs to pick from. Same thing with StrangerThings when it comes to Steve and Nancy.

    Like IDK what you want form me. Do you want me to not vent my frustration about one of my mains because my other mains exist? Does she have good PARTS of cosmetics? Yes. But my whole thing is there is never a good COMPLETE Claudette outfit. Like the make up? Hair is ugly. Like the hair? The color doesn't fit her skin tone. Like the shirt? It doesn't go well with any of the pants. Like the pants? The design of the shirts fit but not the colors. Have I mixed and matched until I found decent combinations? Yes. Is it possible? Yes. But do her cosmetics fall flat in comparison to other survivors especially the females? Yes. Quality over Quantity and you can have 900 shirts but if all of them have holes in them what's the point of having 900 shirts. I would literally trade every single skin Claudette has for one GOOD one that FITS her personality and LORE for all these half assed skins they keep giving her.

    Even for my Mikey. He has one cosmetic but I love it dearly because it fits him so well.

    I don't know about you, but I can sprint with a backpack on, were you never in high school and had to book it from one end of the building to the other?? Especially if that backpack is clipped and secured from both the chest and waist like the Backpack Meg is wearing, as for Nea her backpack is nowhere near a camping backpack it's a small backpack meant to carry a few small things in this case since she's a grafitti artist it's: "a backpack loaded with paint" there are even two spray paint cans on the side of the pack indicating what is inside. The same applies for tools on a belt, how does that impede you from running???

    None of your examples are apt comparisons for a 20 foot long wedding dress like the fan art you posted, it is not feasible to do anything more than a light jog in something like that. Especially in an uneven environment filled with rocks, strewn debris, not to mention trying to push through corn fields or vaulting a window at all let alone fast vaulting. You make it incredibly difficult to sympathize when the most prominent idea you bring up is just terribly unrealistic given the setting of the game.

    Not to mention, who would she even be marrying from a lore standpoint?? I'm not saying Claudette can't get married but her bio never mentions her being in any kind of romantic relationship, and since her whole archetype is being the shy nerdy girl who keeps to herself the implication is pretty obvious: she's single. That's nothing to be frowned upon since in fact no survivor is ever mentioned to be in an active relationship. I bring this up because you yourself have put an emphasis on giving Claudette cosmetics that "fit her" but since her character is clearly an introvert who prefers solitude she's less likely to be in a relationship, so a wedding dress wouldn't fit her. Her bio literally says: "Claudette is not the outgoing type. Her brilliance provided her with a social handicap and she has fled the real world for chat rooms and forums." obviously you can be an introvert and be in a relationship, but it says she deliberately "fled the real world for chat rooms and forums" so it doesn't make sense to me that she would all of a sudden be getting married out of the blue, it doesn't fit her character, which again is something you yourself have repeatedly emphasized.


    And listen I'm not saying you can't be selfish, you can want the best for the character, all I'm saying is that you should have a little perspective for the characters who need far more attention than Claudette does. Your second analogy doesn't work as well since we're talking about the same subject matter and your analogy consists of a shirt and something completely unrelated when we're talking about two shirts for two characters. it's more like you shouldn't be as upset because your favorite shirt was ruined because of a small stain, because a person in the same place had their favorite shirt absolutely demolished because it caught fire.

    I'm not saying you can't be upset, I'm saying you should have a little perspective for the people who have it worse because their character mains are far less supported than yours.

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1235624#Comment_1235624

    When you literally just proved my point with this response. Good job. You know you can choose to not click on a post right?

    You’re acting like the devs are out to get Claudette just because she doesn’t have a nice skin according to YOU. Get over yourself

  • I really hope the Froguette submission for the skin contest wins. It would be the first cosmetic I buy for Claudette haha.

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    Yes I main Claudette (Myers and Ghostface). Yes this is a rant.

    I'll be Frank. I'm so tired of y'all (BHVR) disrespecting Claudette. Every other survivor has at least ONE good complete outfit in the sea of ugly but Claudette is here still sitting on the struggle bus for a decent skin. I have struggled so hard to put together outfits for my poor baby but y'all really make it impossible. IDK what's worse between y'all incessant need to give her dark tones or dressing her up in these 90s Sisqo dance extra at an after party ass outfits. I would let y'all slide on the 90s style clothes if they were GOOD and FIT HER.

    Like I have legitimately given up hope of her getting a yellow sundress or sun dress period. And it sucks because she looks the best is skirts but I guess we're lucky we got that. I know damn well we're never seeing the beautiful wedding dress Claudette model I saw a while back in game. I get why we're never getting the maid cafe outfit that's been floating around because it doesn't match her aesthetic (but neither do 80% of her outfits but I'm not about to get started on that).

    I know we're never getting Claudette dressed up as and of the "nerd staples" in reference to Star Wars, Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, hell ANY ######### DND CLASS THAT IS COMPLETELY LEGIT BECAUSE YOU DESIGN YOUR OWN CHARACTERS!

    I just...I don't understand why y'all hate Claudette so much. What is it going to take for her to get a complete outfit that matches her personality. She is a quiet mousey girl. Y'all were going in the right direction with the sweater and uniform outfits (the colors just needed to moved around) and then came this clown fiesta of 90s hiphop video clothes out of left field like #########? I thought the horror ended with that belle of ball nonsense where she looked like a prostitute because he makeup was god awful and her hair didnnt fit her frame at all. I had SOME hope with the medice traveler outfit, but know. Here y'all are with the same horrible gown now in gold.

    I see why most Claudette mains just wear whatever. Hell she just looks rushed and thrown away so often most of just thinks it's normal to look like we got our asses beat by the inside of the closet.

    I just can't anymore.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/465/DRSLCMLCY8CP.png

    @Hoodied said:

    I'm just gonna say that Claudette may have bad cosmetics....but Adam has less cosmetics by far and finally got another full outfit after a while and it wasn't that good of a cosmetic

    Agreed. I am not a Claudette main, but whe is one of the first characters I reached 50 with but that was mainly in an attempt to unlock Self-Care. Her other perks are not that useful imo. Bond is more useful than Empathy, and Botany Knowledge is only useful in weak health kits slightly better.

    But let's be honest, the reason why there are 2-3 Claudette mains in every other lobby is... She is the hardest characrer to see. As such, it is my experience that these players are the WORST kind of teammates, as they will usually spend the majority of the match hiding im various bushes and dark corners rather than work on gens and rescue teammates. I've played games as Killer where I repeatedly found the same Claudette player hiding in the exact same hiding spot (or close to it), then killed them and was accused of tunneling (lol).

    In any event, the devs apparently know this, as the majority of her outfits have her dressed in dark rather than light colors. Why take the time and money to design something if no one wants to buy or wear it?.

    With that being said, I just happened to notice the other day that Zarina, who JUST came out... Has just as many cosmetics as Adam, who has been out for quite some time. I realize there aren't droves of Adam mains like there are Claudettes, but even so that's just not right. Adam is actally an underrated characrer... i have found his personal perks extremely useful. They just take a litte more skill and patience to use, which could be why he isn't that popular. Or maybe it's bc his cosmetics suck. His default outfit is trash, imo the worst of any Survivor.... That bright grey lab-coat lookin thing he has on will get you killed quicker than anything! You can see that thing flapping around from space! But when you go to the store to find something better, all they have is "different colored" trenchcoats they wanna charge as a whole outfit when hardly any of his outfits change his head... 3 I think.

    I have like 20 different outfits for Claudette, and they all have different heads! And I didn't have to buy any of them in-store! They all came from DLC bundles, rift rewards, etc. So I'm sorry, but your pleas of sorrow mean nothing to me. You wanna be a Claudette main? Fine. Own it then. Put on your darkest outfit, fill your slots with all your meta healing perks, and just go crouch in a bush somewhere. Sorry, not sorry.

  • @Jordan_131201 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1233701#Comment_1233701

    You do realise that all the characters you referenced are licensed characters. BHVR can't just say, "okay this skin is ugly ima change it myself". Much more complicated than that

    Doesn't make me wrong.

  • As a claud main,I'm dissapointed ngl.

  • Kinda makes your comment completely irrelevant though. If you want licensed cosmetics, hit the companies up yourself. The devs aren't gods

  • Wait what maid cafe outfit I haven't seen it floating around do you have any pictures or links? Also agree , while we do have a lot of stuff for Claudette it's not necessarily cute or stylish it maybe to some but I digress. Claudette deserves at least one cute whole skin/outfit.

1 2 ›