Killer is very easy

I see a lot of people going around claiming that killer is difficult, killer is disadvantaged, killer is underpowered. But I honestly disagree with a lot of these opinions. I think that the game is heavily killer-favoured, and a lot of killers are in a good place (Some are too good)

Personally, I only play killer to farm bloodpoints. The way that you can average around 25k - 40k bloodpoints on killer is far too easy and much quicker of a grind than on survivor. So, why is that even significant? It means that killer mains or players looking to invest in their killers are levelling up their killers at a much faster rate than that of a survivor player (not to forget the long queue times on survivor compared to instant killer games). Levelling up quicker means that killers can much more quickly set up their kits, whilst survivors have to invest more time and games into setting up theirs.

I use all my bloodpoints from my killer games to invest into my survivors - so one can ask what's the issue? I play with only 1 base-killer perk whenever i play killers. Yet I still stomp on survivors. I'm not some amazing god that mindtricks all the survivors, im a fairly adequate player that can adapt quickly to situations. Of course, I don't get a perfect 4k every match, but it's pretty consistent and I don't play killers that have an effect on the survivors for the most part either. Personally, I like to play Wraith/Spirit and that's mostly due to their powers being mobility-based which i find most useful. I've ran into obvious SWF, very good survivors, or survivors that are seriously just trying to irritate my living being, but i still push past that and get 4k games.

So, why else is killer very easy? Before you even start the match, the killer has a very obvious advantage which is the fact that they can see the survivor team. Whilst this may seem like something little and not significant, it gives killer information on the team they are going to run against, and this allows them to decide how they are going to play, what perks to put on and etc. I often even see survivors try to quickly put on an item before the timer for the lobby runs out so that I don't have time to put Franklin's on, lol.

Speaking of perks, I know there's debate about clutch perks. Many killer players on this forum like to complain about clutch perks that allow the survivors to have an extra chance at escaping - but everyone seems to forget that the most META clutch perks are survivor bound (For survivors), you want Borrowed Time? Well, either you level up Bill or hope it appears in the Shrine. Adrenaline? Meg or Shrine. But Killers get one of the most over-powered perks as a base game perk that can appear for any killer with no grind (NOED). This is all on top of the fact that grinding bloodpoints is already easier for Killer, and they have less things in the Bloodweb taking up space (Items).

What other ways are survivors disadvantaged?

Get caught vaulting and you're put in the dying state immediately, taken off a generator puts you in the dying state, snatched whilst trying to unhook and you're in the dying state again. What can a survivor do? Try to wiggle off when hooks nearly always spawn within close proximity, where you can hook two survivors in the same general area? good luck. If you get placed down, what can you do? If you have No Mither, or Unbreakable, then you're in luck, or are you? Not when you have to wait to recover - and this can be undone by being picked up.

This is all putting aside the fact that killers can have powers which deny loops, vaulting or hiding - and others have powers that can put you into a dying state instantly. I mean, am i the only one that thinks Leatherface having an addon that allows him to rev his chainsaw immediately is extremely unfair, especially when considering the duration of his chainsaw and how it's an instant knockdown?

One of the ways that survivors can fight back against killers is through flashlights - Oh yeah, the items on a limited usage and possibility of failing - whereas killers have a guarantee on their abilities and addons working.

But no, let's complain about survivors and their over-powered clutch perks! Because we don't have NOED, Blood Warden, corrupt intervention, POP or anything else that punishes survivors for trying to complete the main objective of the game - or prevents them from completing it.

If I can win a game without perks, addons or offerings, and get a 4k before the generators are even finished - then look at what killers can do with a fully loaded kit, and that's not over-powered? lol

Comments

  • The only thing that makes killer easy are potato survivors. If all survivors are competent then killer being difficult is an understatement.

  • New account, lengthy post:

    Hmmm

    image.gif


  • Another rank 20, killing it!

  • I would've posted before, but this stupid website wasn't sending me my confirmation email for days. :( so i got to miss out on some juicy threads whilst i had to spectate behind essentially a locked account lol

  • @ermsy said:

    The only thing that makes killer easy are potato survivors. If all survivors are competent then killer being difficult is an understatement.

    I politely disagree with your opinion, I've gone up against tough survivors or survivors that think they're cute when they try to flashlight save their friend and I still manage 4ks frequently. If a survivor team manages to outplay me and escape, then good on them - killers have several advantages over survivors and it's very obvious.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231388#Comment_1231388

    I would've posted before, but this stupid website wasn't sending me my confirmation email for days. :( so i got to miss out on some juicy threads whilst i had to spectate behind essentially a locked account lol

    Ah... Understandable....


    image.gif


  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231387#Comment_1231387

    I politely disagree with your opinion, I've gone up against tough survivors or survivors that think they're cute when they try to flashlight save their friend and I still manage 4ks frequently. If a survivor team manages to outplay me and escape, then good on them - killers have several advantages over survivors and it's very obvious.

    How often do you survive?

  • As survivor? varies on the day in all honesty.

    But the only games that feel like breezes as survivor are when we're clearly playing against a new killer player. Other games are mostly in some forms a grind - whether it's to get gens done or to keep the killer busy. Usually I can escape if one person on the survivor team is sacrificed in favour of others escaping - but that's not ideal as that person runs the risk of de-pipping or whatever

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231396#Comment_1231396

    As survivor? varies on the day in all honesty.

    But the only games that feel like breezes as survivor are when we're clearly playing against a new killer player. Other games are mostly in some forms a grind - whether it's to get gens done or to keep the killer busy. Usually I can escape if one person on the survivor team is sacrificed in favour of others escaping - but that's not ideal as that person runs the risk of de-pipping or whatever

    So you survive quite often? And get 4ks often?

    That suggests that there is some balance than.

    I generally survive quite often as a solo survivor, I've made a previous post showing my last ten games. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126150/solo-q-survivor-experience-on-ps4#latest

    This is more of an issue with matchmaking rather then my skill vs killer. But the same can be said when playing killer, it literally takes one bad survivor for the killer to win the game and there are alot of boosted survivors.

    I get 3ks/4ks often but I acknowledge that it's because x survivors were really bad in that game etc then there are games where there isn't a weak survivor and it's those games that you realise that you are powerless.

    Granted it doesn't happen often thanks to the sheer amount of potato survivors.

  • 1.) Nice bait. Especially since you created an account to stir the pot.

    2.) You can get the same amount of points as a Survivor compared to Killer if you run WGLF and you actually play the game decent and well rounded. So that means not solely being a Gen Jockey, chasers, or altruistic.

    3.) When you go against potato survivors or people who aren't on the same skill rating as you (I.e the imperfect matchmaking system), of course you're going to get a 4k often. But that also sounds like you only play the same Killer over and over instead of trying different killers that have different learning curves. I get 4ks on Freddy more often than any other Killer in the game but if I play Demo, it's drastically reduced because I'm not used to his style yet.

    4.) Only information you get on Survivors at lobby is the items they carry. I rarely change perks for them unless they either A) Bring a Key or B) 3+ have flashlights. Nothing else provides you game changing information.

    5.) NOED isn't a clutch perk. Especially when that means a Killer is rocking only 3 perks until it possibly activates. Do bones and get back to me on how Clutch it is. If all 4 Survivors go down because of NOED, it sounds like you guys refused to adapt to the situation and aren't good Survivors. And if you all get 4ked before NOED kicks off, it sounds like the Killer had enough skill to take you down before it became a problem which again, comes down to your skill.

    Even though you have to level up other Survivors for their perks, you forget that those "meta" perks are all technically FREE. Aside from DS, you can get all the META perks from other leveling up other characters or just getting the basic perk like NOED (I.e Spine chill). If NOED is what you considered to be overpowered and a meta perk, you and I are not in the same rankings then at all.

    6.) A killer has to have the time and speed to grab a Survivor. If you let a Killer grab you, that means you took the risk of doing whatever it is you were doing instead of taking the hit and escaping. I've been glitched countless time because I attempt to grab a Survivor on gen and they abuse the system by glitching me, then going back to repair the gen so they can finish it.

    Hooks can be disabled with tool boxes, perks, or body blocking before the hook. But instead of using their tool boxes to save people, they rather gen rush. Instead of using different perks to save people, they rather use "meta" perks. Instead of body blocking (which is the most common), they're across the map doing god knows what else.

    7.) It's Bubba. If you get caught in the open against Bubba, that sucks. But he's easy to counter at specific tiles. And not every Killer can counter loops. And even then, Killers should be able to counter loops. If they couldn't, then there would be no sport, challenge, or point of trying if all you have to do is run the same loop over and over until Gens are complete or Killer walks away.

    8.) Killer's add-ons only work on chance. Use Death Slinger's pink add-on where it makes you exposed when getting speared at 15 meters and come back and tell me how guaranteed that was.

    9.) The complaint isn't clutch perks. No one ever calls them clutch perks. They call them second chance perks. Dead Hard, DS, Unbreakable, Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, BT, etc. Most of the perks you get consistently throughout the game while NOED only activates in the endgame where that's a possibility assuming Survivors did something else besides doing Gens. Keep in mind, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those Second Chance perks. They're fine and I don't see why people complain. (Aside from DS but that's because people abuse it instead of using it what it was intended for.)

    Blood Warden isn't a clutch perk. Corrupt Intervention only works for the first 2 minutes of the game and can no longer be used so idk how that's considered a clutch perk. Pop is to slow down Gen progress and only works when they hook someone, not a clutch perk. And do you mean all Perks? Because all perks on Killer punish the Survivor for attempting to escape. It's not like the literal premise of the game is to kill all Survivors before they escape.

    10.) But you can't win a game with no perks because you clearly said and I quote, 'I play with only 1 base-killer perk whenever i play killers.' Yes it is possible to win a game with no perks or add-ons. But that is extremely rare in the higher ranks which clearly you're not apart of.

    But nice troll post :)

  • @ermsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231401#Comment_1231401

    So you survive quite often? And get 4ks often?

    That suggests that there is some balance than.

    I generally survive quite often as a solo survivor, I've made a previous post showing my last ten games. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/126150/solo-q-survivor-experience-on-ps4#latest

    This is more of an issue with matchmaking rather then my skill vs killer. But the same can be said when playing killer, it literally takes one bad survivor for the killer to win the game and there are alot of boosted survivors.

    I get 3ks/4ks often but I acknowledge that it's because x survivors were really bad in that game etc then there are games where there isn't a weak survivor and it's those games that you realise that you are powerless.

    Granted it doesn't happen often thanks to the sheer amount of potato survivors.

    I don't think there's much of a balance.

    I'm a red rank survivor, and whilst people love to rip to pieces the ranking system, i'd like to take some merit to my survivor playstyle/skill for reaching red ranks. I run to killers from all over the ranks, sometimes i get put up against a level 20, and sometimes a rank 1. I see the significant differences in knowledge and playstyle, but it all starts to blend into one when I see killers at rank 12 and so on, where the grind becomes real.

    Personally, I tend to go for the most confident survivors first, and yeah, sometimes i see a survivor doing absurd things and i sit there and ask why? but this is also a byproduct of the lack of communication that the game offers in a team based game.. oh the irony.

  • I'd say both roles are easy to play but hard to master.

    You also have to level up other killers to get their teachables too, so i don't know where you see the big difference here between killer and survivor. In fact the "meta" survivor perks are almost all from free characters.

    Regarding some insta down killers, you just need to know how to play against them.

    I don't see the big advantage you have as killer when you can see the survivors in the lobby. If i want to equip a mori i don't have to look if they are swf or not because i can do it whenever i want. Also, in my opinion, there should be a chance for the killer to bring certain perks against survivors if they stack certain items, because there are addons for some items or items ittself that can change the outcome of a game very easily.

    Regarding the bloodpoint gaining for each role, i also don't see a problem. You have access to both roles, if you think one gives you more bloodpoints than you can play that role if you want the bloodpoints so badly.

    Also if you talk about big advantages for killers, there is also swf, which i personally dont mind because i play a lot of 2man swf, but the fact that swf gives you a lot of information and you can coordinate your plays is also a big advantage for the survivor side.

  • @Desh said:

    1.) Nice bait. Especially since you created an account to stir the pot.

    2.) You can get the same amount of points as a Survivor compared to Killer if you run WGLF and you actually play the game decent and well rounded. So that means not solely being a Gen Jockey, chasers, or altruistic.

    3.) When you go against potato survivors or people who aren't on the same skill rating as you (I.e the imperfect matchmaking system), of course you're going to get a 4k often. But that also sounds like you only play the same Killer over and over instead of trying different killers that have different learning curves. I get 4ks on Freddy more often than any other Killer in the game but if I play Demo, it's drastically reduced because I'm not used to his style yet.

    4.) Only information you get on Survivors at lobby is the items they carry. I rarely change perks for them unless they either A) Bring a Key or B) 3+ have flashlights. Nothing else provides you game changing information.

    5.) NOED isn't a clutch perk. Especially when that means a Killer is rocking only 3 perks until it possibly activates. Do bones and get back to me on how Clutch it is. If all 4 Survivors go down because of NOED, it sounds like you guys refused to adapt to the situation and aren't good Survivors. And if you all get 4ked before NOED kicks off, it sounds like the Killer had enough skill to take you down before it became a problem which again, comes down to your skill.

    Even though you have to level up other Survivors for their perks, you forget that those "meta" perks are all technically FREE. Aside from DS, you can get all the META perks from other leveling up other characters or just getting the basic perk like NOED (I.e Spine chill). If NOED is what you considered to be overpowered and a meta perk, you and I are not in the same rankings then at all.

    6.) A killer has to have the time and speed to grab a Survivor. If you let a Killer grab you, that means you took the risk of doing whatever it is you were doing instead of taking the hit and escaping. I've been glitched countless time because I attempt to grab a Survivor on gen and they abuse the system by glitching me, then going back to repair the gen so they can finish it.

    Hooks can be disabled with tool boxes, perks, or body blocking before the hook. But instead of using their tool boxes to save people, they rather gen rush. Instead of using different perks to save people, they rather use "meta" perks. Instead of body blocking (which is the most common), they're across the map doing god knows what else.

    7.) It's Bubba. If you get caught in the open against Bubba, that sucks. But he's easy to counter at specific tiles. And not every Killer can counter loops. And even then, Killers should be able to counter loops. If they couldn't, then there would be no sport, challenge, or point of trying if all you have to do is run the same loop over and over until Gens are complete or Killer walks away.

    8.) Killer's add-ons only work on chance. Use Death Slinger's pink add-on where it makes you exposed when getting speared at 15 meters and come back and tell me how guaranteed that was.

    9.) The complaint isn't clutch perks. No one ever calls them clutch perks. They call them second chance perks. Dead Hard, DS, Unbreakable, Sprint Burst, Adrenaline, BT, etc. Most of the perks you get consistently throughout the game while NOED only activates in the endgame where that's a possibility assuming Survivors did something else besides doing Gens. Keep in mind, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with those Second Chance perks. They're fine and I don't see why people complain. (Aside from DS but that's because people abuse it instead of using it what it was intended for.)

    Blood Warden isn't a clutch perk. Corrupt Intervention only works for the first 2 minutes of the game and can no longer be used so idk how that's considered a clutch perk. Pop is to slow down Gen progress and only works when they hook someone, not a clutch perk. And do you mean all Perks? Because all perks on Killer punish the Survivor for attempting to escape. It's not like the literal premise of the game is to kill all Survivors before they escape.

    10.) But you can't win a game with no perks because you clearly said and I quote, 'I play with only 1 base-killer perk whenever i play killers.' Yes it is possible to win a game with no perks or add-ons. But that is extremely rare in the higher ranks which clearly you're not apart of.

    But nice troll post :)

    1. I didn't create an account to stir the pot - it's not bait either. I've only started using these forums a few days ago, and my confirmation email wasn't being sent out so I couldn't actually start using the account until today.
    2. Getting the same amount of points as survivor is harder than it is on killer. There are many reasons for this - running against tunnelers that won't engage in chase with anyone else, face campers. Not only this, but you're competing with 3 other survivors for some of these points such as altruism. I've had plenty of games as survivor where the killer gets easily 30k points, compared to the survivors which had to share their points.
    3. What do different killers got to do with this? People are going to play what they want to play. I've played few killers and still get 4k, again, with no perks because i don't invest in my killers. Who people play as killer has nothing to do with this because people are going to play who they enjoy/like playing against the most.
    4. That is STILL information that you have. You can also predict what perks a survivor is going to have. It is still an advantage that a killer has over survivors, it doesnt matter how much you deny that. People also have expressed that they get targeted by killers if the killer recognises their name.
    5. I don't think you understand what 'clutch' is. NOED is definitely a clutch perk because it allows the killer to quickly regain control over the match if the survivors have completed their objective - the perk can turn the tide for killers, or even simply apply pressure to the survivors. I'm not complaining about NOED in itself, but I'm comparing the hypocrisy of killer players complaining about clutch perks when their biggest clutch is a base-game perk.
    6. I don't really understand your point there? items are usable and on a resource meter, killers abilities, addons and perks are permanent. Killers do have time, if you utilise your time as killer incorrectly then that's on you. lol?
    7. Annnd i don't think you understood my point. There is only so much that a survivor can do against a killer, and some addons that I find on killers are very 'unfun' and not very sportsmanlike. Some killers and their perks can make some perks utterly useless for survivors. The only players that have limited time in the game are survivors, two hooks and you're out (this is even if you're playing against a team that will work with you)
    8. That's a sacrifice that the player makes when putting that addon on. But the other effects are also permanent in how they work. Once a player's items run out, they can't use those addons either. everything is temporary for survivor.
    9. First of all, Adrenaline is also an end-game perk that can be utterly useless if the survivor is at full health when last gen pops. Decisive, Unbreakable, Deliverance and etc are one-use perks. Decisive can be wasted if the survivor isn't picked up (or misses their Decisive), Unbreakable only works if the killer is slugging, and Deliverance can be totally useless if the killer tunnels you right after it. Sprint-Burst, Dead Hard and etc are exhaustion perks that can be used once and have a cooldown that sometimes only starts if the survivor stops running. Survivors don't even know if a killer is going to run NOED, cleansing totems in this case can be utterly a waste of time if the killer isn't running NOED, and totems are a side-objective that are intentionally meant to be optional, not a requirement. I tend to cleanse totems just in case (and if i run into them). Blood Warden is a clutch perks as it literally denies escape and forces the survivor to either rescue their teammate or to hide until it's duration runs out? I really don't think you understand the meaning of clutch, I've had killers run blood warden against me and manage to secure their kills because I'm literally denied escape. Corrupt intervention can deny objective for survivors in the beginning which is wasting their time. So yes, it is a clutch perk that can tilt the game in the killer's favour by not having to monitor those generations.
    10. I ran most of my killer experience with no perks, and only recently have i started to run one perk to spice up my gameplay as it was getting dull, and prior to that I was still getting 4k games frequently. You say, 'higher rank games' but it's funny because if you played killer properly you would realise that you don't have to even get high in the ranks to start being placed against red rank survivors. Once i hit rank 15, the game started to continually place me against red ranks, and it has been this way the entire way to my current rank which is rank 8. lol.

    You sound like a salty killer main that can't handle the truth that the game favours killers heavily, and playing killer games is much easier than playing survivor, but that's just denial when you're biased i guess lol

  • @PlantCollector said:

    I'd say both roles are easy to play but hard to master.

    You also have to level up other killers to get their teachables too, so i don't know where you see the big difference here between killer and survivor. In fact the "meta" survivor perks are almost all from free characters.

    Regarding some insta down killers, you just need to know how to play against them.

    I don't see the big advantage you have as killer when you can see the survivors in the lobby. If i want to equip a mori i don't have to look if they are swf or not because i can do it whenever i want. Also, in my opinion, there should be a chance for the killer to bring certain perks against survivors if they stack certain items, because there are addons for some items or items ittself that can change the outcome of a game very easily.

    Regarding the bloodpoint gaining for each role, i also don't see a problem. You have access to both roles, if you think one gives you more bloodpoints than you can play that role if you want the bloodpoints so badly.

    Also if you talk about big advantages for killers, there is also swf, which i personally dont mind because i play a lot of 2man swf, but the fact that swf gives you a lot of information and you can coordinate your plays is also a big advantage for the survivor side.

    The point isn't about teachables. But the perks that killer players like to complain when it comes to survivor are usually teachables that you get at level 35/40. Whereas one of the most complained about Killer perks is a base-game perk.

    Again, with those killers, my point is, that escaping can become near impossible since they can stack these abilities and etc. I dont mind the extra challenge but it can be very annoying having to run into it game after game.

    I'm not complaining, it's what i do, I only play killer for bloodpoints, I just think it's unfair how disproportionate the bloodpoint gain is between the roles - especially since bloodpoints in some cases are shared among the survivors.

    As for SWF - this is entirely the developer's fault. in-game voice communication should've been in the game from the beginning, you're playing in a team and should be able to communicate. Whilst having this information useful, it doesn't necessarily turn the tide for the survivors in my experience.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231387#Comment_1231387

    I politely disagree with your opinion, I've gone up against tough survivors or survivors that think they're cute when they try to flashlight save their friend and I still manage 4ks frequently. If a survivor team manages to outplay me and escape, then good on them - killers have several advantages over survivors and it's very obvious.

    Tbh, it's not even good survivors that can loop amazingly that win the most, it's the ones the ######### immerse and stay on gens 24/7 and want little to no interaction with the killer.


    Most swfs or good survivors want to have fun and mess with the killer in some way. This can lead to you winning most of the time if you play it right.

  • @xRem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231393#Comment_1231393

    Tbh, it's not even good survivors that can loop amazingly that win the most, it's the ones the ######### immerse and stay on gens 24/7 and want little to no interaction with the killer.

    Most swfs or good survivors want to have fun and mess with the killer in some way. This can lead to you winning most of the time if you play it right.

    Unfortunately that is the case. I play SWF, and two of my friends love running the killer, which leaves me and the other friend to do gens for the biggest part unless we end up in a chase with the killer. We're not the best chasers and prefer to not have to do, but we can run killer for a gen or two, sometimes even three.

    This is why SWF is crucial. It's meant to be a team game but unless you have communication, this game can hardly be played as a team because there is a lack of communication and cooperation going on lol.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231507#Comment_1231507

    Unfortunately that is the case. I play SWF, and two of my friends love running the killer, which leaves me and the other friend to do gens for the biggest part unless we end up in a chase with the killer. We're not the best chasers and prefer to not have to do, but we can run killer for a gen or two, sometimes even three.

    This is why SWF is crucial. It's meant to be a team game but unless you have communication, this game can hardly be played as a team because there is a lack of communication and cooperation going on lol.

    I think swfs break the mechanics a little much sometimes, I think if solos were brought up to swfs then killers up to swfs it would be the best option. Most people agree but some have other ideas.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231433#Comment_1231433

    The point isn't about teachables. But the perks that killer players like to complain when it comes to survivor are usually teachables that you get at level 35/40. Whereas one of the most complained about Killer perks is a base-game perk.

    Again, with those killers, my point is, that escaping can become near impossible since they can stack these abilities and etc. I dont mind the extra challenge but it can be very annoying having to run into it game after game.

    I'm not complaining, it's what i do, I only play killer for bloodpoints, I just think it's unfair how disproportionate the bloodpoint gain is between the roles - especially since bloodpoints in some cases are shared among the survivors.

    As for SWF - this is entirely the developer's fault. in-game voice communication should've been in the game from the beginning, you're playing in a team and should be able to communicate. Whilst having this information useful, it doesn't necessarily turn the tide for the survivors in my experience.

    I see, i can't really say something about that because i don't see big problem with noed in the first place.

    I think you just have to think a bit different if you verse the insta down killers. You have to avoid situations where they can get use out of their ability. I know this is easier said than done sometimes if they stack some charge addons like you said, but im sure you get a better understanding of how to play against that from time to time. If you just don't like these killers thats fine, everybody has a killer he/she doesn't enjoy playing against.

    I know thats something alot of players would like to see getting changed but as i said i personally don't see a problem with that.

    I don't want an ingame voice chat because i don't want some kids screaming in my ears or some people not talking english cause they think everybody knows their language (you know which nationality im talking about). I want to enjoy the game and not some guys screaming at me because they are frustrated, want to troll and play loud music or whatever.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231421#Comment_1231421

    I don't think there's much of a balance.

    I'm a red rank survivor, and whilst people love to rip to pieces the ranking system, i'd like to take some merit to my survivor playstyle/skill for reaching red ranks. I run to killers from all over the ranks, sometimes i get put up against a level 20, and sometimes a rank 1. I see the significant differences in knowledge and playstyle, but it all starts to blend into one when I see killers at rank 12 and so on, where the grind becomes real.

    Personally, I tend to go for the most confident survivors first, and yeah, sometimes i see a survivor doing absurd things and i sit there and ask why? but this is also a byproduct of the lack of communication that the game offers in a team based game.. oh the irony.

    So not much balance...as in killers are overpowered?

    Even though you escape quite regularly?

    I think it's difficult to take merit for reaching red ranks. All it shows is how much time you put it into that role. If you play long enough, you'll hit red ranks regardless of how good you are.

    What platform do you play on? It would be interesting to see you play a kyf game against a dedicated team of survivors.

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231423#Comment_1231423

    1. I didn't create an account to stir the pot - it's not bait either. I've only started using these forums a few days ago, and my confirmation email wasn't being sent out so I couldn't actually start using the account until today.
    2. Getting the same amount of points as survivor is harder than it is on killer. There are many reasons for this - running against tunnelers that won't engage in chase with anyone else, face campers. Not only this, but you're competing with 3 other survivors for some of these points such as altruism. I've had plenty of games as survivor where the killer gets easily 30k points, compared to the survivors which had to share their points.
    3. What do different killers got to do with this? People are going to play what they want to play. I've played few killers and still get 4k, again, with no perks because i don't invest in my killers. Who people play as killer has nothing to do with this because people are going to play who they enjoy/like playing against the most.
    4. That is STILL information that you have. You can also predict what perks a survivor is going to have. It is still an advantage that a killer has over survivors, it doesnt matter how much you deny that. People also have expressed that they get targeted by killers if the killer recognises their name.
    5. I don't think you understand what 'clutch' is. NOED is definitely a clutch perk because it allows the killer to quickly regain control over the match if the survivors have completed their objective - the perk can turn the tide for killers, or even simply apply pressure to the survivors. I'm not complaining about NOED in itself, but I'm comparing the hypocrisy of killer players complaining about clutch perks when their biggest clutch is a base-game perk.
    6. I don't really understand your point there? items are usable and on a resource meter, killers abilities, addons and perks are permanent. Killers do have time, if you utilise your time as killer incorrectly then that's on you. lol?
    7. Annnd i don't think you understood my point. There is only so much that a survivor can do against a killer, and some addons that I find on killers are very 'unfun' and not very sportsmanlike. Some killers and their perks can make some perks utterly useless for survivors. The only players that have limited time in the game are survivors, two hooks and you're out (this is even if you're playing against a team that will work with you)
    8. That's a sacrifice that the player makes when putting that addon on. But the other effects are also permanent in how they work. Once a player's items run out, they can't use those addons either. everything is temporary for survivor.
    9. First of all, Adrenaline is also an end-game perk that can be utterly useless if the survivor is at full health when last gen pops. Decisive, Unbreakable, Deliverance and etc are one-use perks. Decisive can be wasted if the survivor isn't picked up (or misses their Decisive), Unbreakable only works if the killer is slugging, and Deliverance can be totally useless if the killer tunnels you right after it. Sprint-Burst, Dead Hard and etc are exhaustion perks that can be used once and have a cooldown that sometimes only starts if the survivor stops running. Survivors don't even know if a killer is going to run NOED, cleansing totems in this case can be utterly a waste of time if the killer isn't running NOED, and totems are a side-objective that are intentionally meant to be optional, not a requirement. I tend to cleanse totems just in case (and if i run into them). Blood Warden is a clutch perks as it literally denies escape and forces the survivor to either rescue their teammate or to hide until it's duration runs out? I really don't think you understand the meaning of clutch, I've had killers run blood warden against me and manage to secure their kills because I'm literally denied escape. Corrupt intervention can deny objective for survivors in the beginning which is wasting their time. So yes, it is a clutch perk that can tilt the game in the killer's favour by not having to monitor those generations.
    10. I ran most of my killer experience with no perks, and only recently have i started to run one perk to spice up my gameplay as it was getting dull, and prior to that I was still getting 4k games frequently. You say, 'higher rank games' but it's funny because if you played killer properly you would realise that you don't have to even get high in the ranks to start being placed against red rank survivors. Once i hit rank 15, the game started to continually place me against red ranks, and it has been this way the entire way to my current rank which is rank 8. lol.

    You sound like a salty killer main that can't handle the truth that the game favours killers heavily, and playing killer games is much easier than playing survivor, but that's just denial when you're biased i guess lol

    Ah yes, I bring counterpoints to your post, which makes me a 'salty killer main that can't handle the truth'. You also proved that you're not a high rank which means you don't go against people with legitimate skill as often as you should. Of course things are going to be so easy when you choose to scrape the bottom of the barrel for 4k's by going against newer/inexperienced players more often instead of going against challenging people who know how to play. You also nitpicked specific points and doubled on them while ignoring others that you know to be factual, so I'll just shorten this post for you.

    1.2) This post is stirring the pot, your baits been called out. Just own it.

    2.2) No it's not. If you do everything in the game you can do as a Survivor, it's the easiest thing in the world. I walked away with base 29k points (no WGLF) because I healed, did objectives, did chases and totems, and Survived. The other Survivors? All were in the 20-26k range with the lowest being 20 if I recall. And as a Killer who has to go against 4 Survivors at once, yeah I would hope they get more points. There entire objective is to kill Survivors. Everything else follows through.

    3.2) Because if you play only one killer you're good at and nothing else, naturally you're going to get a higher win/kill ratio compared to a Killer you don't play. It's not rocket science. Let us say all you do is Play Freddy for example, the easiest and strongest Killer in the game. You then decide one day to just randomly play Nurse or Pig, Killers you've never touched before. Unless the survivors are absolute potatoes, you will not get a consistent 4k for a while, especially with no perks, until you get an adept understanding of how to use that Killer.

    4.2) And again, information I've already pointed out in terms of seeing their items. If you think a Killer changing his perk to Franklin's is an advantage for the Killer and not the Survivor who is bluffing the killer by bringing a fake key and making them change up their perks (an example I mention because I've seen it frequently), then you're wrong dude. Predicting a Survivor's Perks? Based off the cosmetic outfit a Survivor wears in lobby? Wow, that's amazing ability you got there. Anyone can guess high rank survivors to use common meta perks. You can guess perks all you want, but you can't predict. In terms of names, it doesn't matter in the slightest aside from targeting as you pointed out. But if you're getting targeted consistently by a Killer, 1) that can be reported, 2) why is a Killer targeting a specific Survivor based on their name?

    5.2) If NOED can be taken out before it's activated, it's not a clutch perk. The Devs have even stated in their live stream that NOED will not be changed since it is completely avoidable. You can cleanse totems before it activates, or if it does activate, be smart and go find it instead of doing anything but find it. If ALL 4 Survivors get DOWNED by a NOED, I wouldn't call it a clutch. I'd call it being a potato because you somehow were able to outplay the Killer all game but suddenly NOED makes it impossible to hide, run, or cleanse?

    6.2) You completely disregarded point 6 by talking about point 8. twice in your post. Just skip to 8.2.

    7.2) Survivors escaping with Keys or exit gate is a limited time for Killer. I also don't understand why you bothered to mention this because that's the POINT of the game. Survivors can do plenty against a Killer if they work together, especially a SWF's. Yes there are unfun add-ons that Survivors go against but considering them to be unsporting is not the Killers fault. It's there to use and is based on opportunity. You also forget that there are perks and add-ons that Survivors have that can render a Killer completely useless. Trapper against Small Game. Spirit against Spine Chill. Hag against Flashlights.

    8.2) If you utilize your flashlight, medkit, toolbox, or key incorrectly, it's on you. Meter or not. You can get a lot of blinds of with just a yellow flashlight. You also have chests scattered all around the map to get more items that give you a range from minor to major boosts in game. Killer's add-ons and abilities only work based on a variety of factors from map layout to Survivor's skill. Imagine playing a trap down as a Trapper but no Survivor ever runs that direction because of XYZ. Sure, the ability is always there. But it was an ability based on POSSIBILITY AND CHANCE as you stated, that wasn't utilized.

    9.2) Adrenaline is still good for speed boost that still takes effect even when exhausted if I recall. Still useful regardless if you're in an health state. Those one-use perks could be the difference from losing and winning games. The amount of times Survivors use DS to get to the exit gate is astounding. Exhaustion perks prolong chases by either a few seconds or a full minute depending if properly used. But they can be used continuously throughout the game and most of the perks you mentioned can be used before endgame. Again, NOED is a POSSIBILITY if Survivors cleanse totems. Even if a Killer didn't have NOED, why not? Weren't you also complaining in the same post that Survivors weren't getting enough BP? There's your free 1k BP right there, and you chose to ignore it. Hell, the Devs put in Inner Strength, Detectives Hunch, and Small Game to ENTICE Survivors to do more totems while increasing the amount of BP gained from doing totems.

    Blood Warden blocks the gate for 30/40/60 seconds if I recall. You know the easiest way to counter that? Wait out the time, not being in the exit gate. Go unhook that Survivor you attempted to leave behind before Warden was activated? Corrupt intervention blocks 3 gens. Which means you're able to do 4 other Gens. I've also seen Survivors just camp out by the CI Gen until the timer was finished. Not a clutch because it's in the beginning of the game. I advise you to look up the word Clutch.

    10.2) Wow, Rank 8? Much Impressive, much wow. You sure showed me, that also means you're more likely to fight more inexperienced players since you're at a near inbetween state of ranks. Thank you for proving my point that you wouldn't gain those "consistent 4ks" if you were at a higher rank.

  • You think you being funny or you just want to feel good about yourself at least in virtual life by leaving smartass comments?

  • @ermsy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231428#Comment_1231428

    So not much balance...as in killers are overpowered?

    Even though you escape quite regularly?

    I think it's difficult to take merit for reaching red ranks. All it shows is how much time you put it into that role. If you play long enough, you'll hit red ranks regardless of how good you are.

    What platform do you play on? It would be interesting to see you play a kyf game against a dedicated team of survivors.

    I regularly escape because me and my friends take turns in sacrificing ourselves for the escape of others. I mentioned it, usually my two other friends are chasers as they enjoy chasing killers and I’m usually the rescuer.

    the reason that I think it’s unbalanced is because it’s very easy to spot a build which is painful and unplayable against. It’s not because it’s a good player, they just have a build that exaggerates their skill.


    I play on PS4, survivor is a bit harder on console because we dont have the same control capacities as PC, eg. Our sensitivities aren’t as good so 360-ing is generally harder.


    i actually haven’t played DBD a lot, if I could show my hours I would but I roughly started playing around a month ago. Pipping imo gets harder because you have to hit the requirements to pip, which requires more to do in a match, and consistency to complete tasks results in quick pipping.


    I think I managed to pip into red ranks in the first week or two of playing. But despite what I’ve seen and how people like to talk down on the ranking system, it doesn’t seem as half bad as some that I ran into as this game actually requires you to participate in the match, as you can still pip if you die or you can just safety pip even if you escape, eg.

  • @Desh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231473#Comment_1231473

    Ah yes, I bring counterpoints to your post, which makes me a 'salty killer main that can't handle the truth'. You also proved that you're not a high rank which means you don't go against people with legitimate skill as often as you should. Of course things are going to be so easy when you choose to scrape the bottom of the barrel for 4k's by going against newer/inexperienced players more often instead of going against challenging people who know how to play. You also nitpicked specific points and doubled on them while ignoring others that you know to be factual, so I'll just shorten this post for you.

    1.2) This post is stirring the pot, your baits been called out. Just own it.

    2.2) No it's not. If you do everything in the game you can do as a Survivor, it's the easiest thing in the world. I walked away with base 29k points (no WGLF) because I healed, did objectives, did chases and totems, and Survived. The other Survivors? All were in the 20-26k range with the lowest being 20 if I recall. And as a Killer who has to go against 4 Survivors at once, yeah I would hope they get more points. There entire objective is to kill Survivors. Everything else follows through.

    3.2) Because if you play only one killer you're good at and nothing else, naturally you're going to get a higher win/kill ratio compared to a Killer you don't play. It's not rocket science. Let us say all you do is Play Freddy for example, the easiest and strongest Killer in the game. You then decide one day to just randomly play Nurse or Pig, Killers you've never touched before. Unless the survivors are absolute potatoes, you will not get a consistent 4k for a while, especially with no perks, until you get an adept understanding of how to use that Killer.

    4.2) And again, information I've already pointed out in terms of seeing there items. If you think a Killer changing his perk to Franklin's is an advantage for the Killer and not the Survivor who is bluffing the killer by bringing a fake key and making them change up their perks (an example I mention because I've seen it frequently), then you're wrong dude. Predicting a Survivor's Perks? Based off the cosmetic outfit a Survivor wears in lobby? Wow, that's amazing ability you got there. Anyone can guess high rank survivors to use common meta perks. You can guess perks all you want, but you can't predict. In terms of names, it doesn't matter in the slightest aside from targeting as you pointed out. But if you're getting targeted consistently by a Killer, 1) that can be reported, 2) why is a Killer targeting a specific Survivor based on their name?

    5.2) If NOED can be taken out before it's activated, it's not a clutch perk. The Devs have even stated in their live stream that NOED will not be changed since it is completely avoidable. You can cleanse totems before it activates, or if it does activate, be smart and go find it instead of doing anything but find it. If ALL 4 Survivors get DOWNED by a NOED, I wouldn't call it a clutch. I'd call it being a potato because you somehow were able to outplay the Killer all game but suddenly NOED makes it impossible to hide, run, or cleanse?

    6.2) You completely disregarded point 6 by talking about point 8. twice in your post. Just skip to 8.2.

    7.2) Survivors escaping with Keys or exit gate is a limited time for Killer. I also don't understand why you bothered to mention this because that's the POINT of the game. Survivors can do plenty against a Killer if they work together, especially a SWF's. Yes there are unfun add-ons that Survivors go against but considering them to be unsporting is not the Killers fault. It's there to use and is based on opportunity. You also forget that there are perks and add-ons that Survivors have that can render a Killer completely useless. Trapper against Small Game. Spirit against Spine Chill. Hag against Flashlights.

    8.2) If you utilize your flashlight, medkit, toolbox, or key incorrectly, it's on you. Meter or not. You can get a lot of blinds of with just a yellow flashlight. You also have chests scattered all around the map to get more items that give you a range from minor to major boosts in game. Killer's add-ons and abilities only work based on a variety of factors from map layout to Survivor's skill. Imagine playing a trap down as a Trapper but no Survivor ever runs that direction because of XYZ. Sure, the ability is always there. But it was an ability based on POSSIBILITY AND CHANCE as you stated, that wasn't utilized.

    9.2) Adrenaline is still good for speed boost that still takes effect even when exhausted if I recall. Still useful regardless if you're in an health state. Those one-use perks could be the difference from losing and winning games. The amount of times Survivors use DS to get to the exit gate is astounding. Exhaustion perks prolong chases by either a few seconds or a full minute depending if properly used. But they can be used continuously throughout the game and most of the perks you mentioned can be used before endgame. Again, NOED is a POSSIBILITY if Survivors cleanse totems. Even if a Killer didn't have NOED, why not? Weren't you also complaining in the same post that Survivors weren't getting enough BP? There's your free 1k BP right there, and you chose to ignore it. Hell, the Devs put in Inner Strength, Detectives Hunch, and Small Game to ENTICE Survivors to do more totems while increasing the amount of BP gained from doing totems.

    Blood Warden blocks the gate for 30/40/60 seconds if I recall. You know the easiest way to counter that? Wait out the time, not being in the exit gate. Go unhook that Survivor you attempted to leave behind before Warden was activated? Corrupt intervention blocks 3 gens. Which means you're able to do 4 other Gens. I've also seen Survivors just camp out by the CI Gen until the timer was finished. Not a clutch because it's in the beginning of the game. I advise you to look up the word Clutch.

    10.2) Wow, Rank 8? Much Impressive, much wow. You sure showed me, that also means you're more likely to fight more inexperienced players since you're at a near inbetween state of ranks. Thank you for proving my point that you wouldn't gain those "consistent 4ks" if you were at a higher rank.

    Damn OP he slapped you with a book of facts. BTW currently survivor main. You kids keep making these "killer is easy post" cause you notice devs are starting to balance the game out.

    Never seen so many of these post before. So why now when patches come?


    Clearly a bait topic by some low ranked killer. Who is a survivor main...

  • @Feiten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231575#Comment_1231575

    Damn OP he slapped you with a book of facts. BTW currently survivor main. You kids keep making these "killer is easy post" cause you notice devs are starting to balance the game out.

    Never seen so many of these post before. So why now when patches come?

    I haven’t read the post yet. I also don’t frequently check patches, I’ve only started to use the forum - or rather “browse” it two days ago, so I’m not even really aware of what goes on here.


    im Just speaking of my opinion on the matter and my experience which is that killer is really easy lol

  • @Reborn2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231394#Comment_1231394

    You think you being funny or you just want to feel good about yourself at least in virtual life by leaving smartass comments?

    Lol the hell are you talkin about? xD

  • @PlantCollector said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231487#Comment_1231487

    I see, i can't really say something about that because i don't see big problem with noed in the first place.

    I think you just have to think a bit different if you verse the insta down killers. You have to avoid situations where they can get use out of their ability. I know this is easier said than done sometimes if they stack some charge addons like you said, but im sure you get a better understanding of how to play against that from time to time. If you just don't like these killers thats fine, everybody has a killer he/she doesn't enjoy playing against.

    I know thats something alot of players would like to see getting changed but as i said i personally don't see a problem with that.

    I don't want an ingame voice chat because i don't want some kids screaming in my ears or some people not talking english cause they think everybody knows their language (you know which nationality im talking about). I want to enjoy the game and not some guys screaming at me because they are frustrated, want to troll and play loud music or whatever.

    Fair enough, I don’t really think NOED should be changed, but I hated to see all the complaining from killer players about survivor perks when one of their most powerful ones they don’t even have to level up a killer for.


    I don’t think NOED should necessarily be nerfed, but I think that there should be some form of indication that a killer has NOED before it actually activates, if that makes sense? I don’t know.


    i just think running around and looking for totems to cleanse can be too much of a time waster “just in case of noed”, I mean if you cleanse all 5 totems and they don’t have NOED that’s nearly a whole gen that could’ve been done in that time, you feel me?


    I mean, hopefully it would work like every other in game voice communication which is that you can choose to not engage/or to mute other players so you don’t have to listen to them but that’s just my opinion

  • @SmarulKusia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1231560#Comment_1231560

    I regularly escape because me and my friends take turns in sacrificing ourselves for the escape of others. I mentioned it, usually my two other friends are chasers as they enjoy chasing killers and I’m usually the rescuer.

    the reason that I think it’s unbalanced is because it’s very easy to spot a build which is painful and unplayable against. It’s not because it’s a good player, they just have a build that exaggerates their skill.

    I play on PS4, survivor is a bit harder on console because we dont have the same control capacities as PC, eg. Our sensitivities aren’t as good so 360-ing is generally harder.

    i actually haven’t played DBD a lot, if I could show my hours I would but I roughly started playing around a month ago. Pipping imo gets harder because you have to hit the requirements to pip, which requires more to do in a match, and consistency to complete tasks results in quick pipping.

    I think I managed to pip into red ranks in the first week or two of playing. But despite what I’ve seen and how people like to talk down on the ranking system, it doesn’t seem as half bad as some that I ran into as this game actually requires you to participate in the match, as you can still pip if you die or you can just safety pip even if you escape, eg.

    So you escape regularly because someone sacrifices themselves...so you'd prefer to balance the game so that your whole team will have an easier time to escape?

    Both killer and survivor have the potential to be op, killer using iri head and Mori is an example of this. So I agree that killers have the potential to be unfair but on average survivors have the advantage and killers are playing catch up for the majority of games.

    Single pipping remains easy, double pipping gets harder but depipping is very difficult so you'll generally increase your rank.

    I play on ps4 and I disagree, survivor is easier on ps4 compared to PC due to killers having a harder time to track survivors on ps4 because of the lack of sensitivity.