What's your opinion about spirit?

Spirit is my personal favorite killer, her aesthetic is amazing and her gameplay is unrivaled. The reason I love her do much is the small details you need to notice while phasing, the moving of the grass, the breathing of the survivor, the amount of scratch marks that are on the floor to realize if they doubled back or not, just great I love her.

I can see some flaws on her gameplay tho, the standing still mindgame is kinda too much, I would personally allow the sound to be heard in her terror radius. It may delete the standing still mindgame but spirits can always use their power and stand in place.

What is your opinion about spirit tho? Let me know down below.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I love playing against her as shes different to the norm in the chase.

  • She used to annoy me a few months back when she was really popular, because she feels extremely oppressive at times. Certain combinations of add ons are a bit much. I don’t go against her much these days and I pretty much always run Iron Will, so I don’t mind her too much now. I think the Ruin nerf helped as well, but mostly I think overexposure is the biggest problem when it comes to people disliking certain killers.

    As killer, she’s fun to play. I try not to play her too much because I know a lot of people hate her and going back to any other killer feels like a huge downgrade, lmao.

  • I love to go against her and I love playing AS her.

    She is honestly the one killer who had me hooked all the way throughout her lore. I couldn't care less about Trapper or Doctor's backstory, but knowing what Rin had to go through in her backstory made me feel sorry for her and made me wonder if she was destined to be The Spirit all along.

    Her playstyle is certainly interesting, and I think some survivors are getting better at countering her. Making it that much more fun to play as her. Requiring to predict the survivor's movements prior to phasing and landing a shot exactly where you think they're going to go is honestly the best feeling I've ever had in this game, close onto to successfully trapping Survivors with Hag with a huge web that makes a 3 gen setup impossible to be completed by the survivors.

    Whenever I face Spirit as a Survivor, I always grinned wider than her whenever she makes that face. I absolutely love the difficulty she brings. And the kind of chases I can expect from her.

    Unlike other killers, running around the same pallet or loop is not an option. You need to be on your toes, to always be vigilant, to listen out for her footsteps and where she might go in counter to where you are going as a Survivor.

    I love counting down her power and when to drop the pallet, only to stun her at the end of it. No one can take that feeling away from me, and most Spirit mains don't even look out for it because most survivors don't think to count down to her distance over you.

    I love juking her with my injured sounds, forcing her to swing in the wrong direction or swing to early while I run away behind her.

    God I wish more people know more on how to face her, on how to counter her, because it really saddens me that I always see the same culprits in the Forum complaining about how you are "forced" to use certain perks to counter her. Or forced to change their playstyle.

    That's the point. Spirit is unlike any other Killer, except maybe Freddy.

    She forces you to play differently, to play safe, to not always go for the obvious loops and infinites. She is a wonderfully mastercrafted killer.

    Sure she may have flaws, but so does literally every other killer in the game. She can use cheap tactics, but where's the fun in that?

  • Playing Spirit is fun. The game of managing your power and having to rely on hearing and making reads is good to spice things up from other more standard killers.

    I do think I enjoy playing against her more than playing as her. Reason is, because what she is doing is not just shown to you. You have to understand how the killer is played and pay attention to how that player is playing the killer to know how to juke her. And when you do, you get this super awesome feeling like you're in the other player's head and you know exactly what they're gonna do. Some other killers its mostly like "oh i see you did this, well i'll do this instead" it can become a bit mindless, especially at safer loops.

  • I will start by admitting: I'm biased and am probably never going to have fun going against spirit.

    The pros of going against spirit is that she isn't just another insta-down killer or a killer that has the potential to be very anti-game (in my opinion, killers like freddy and doctor seems to drag on games foreeeeeeeeever, which tires me). I feel like her design aesthetically and her noises are on point with something absolutely creepy, scary and ominous, it gives a true horror experience.

    What I don't like is many things (I'm not saying they're fact). I feel like Yamaoka Haunting leaves too much guessing to be made, sure, you hear her approach if you are out of her TR, but hearing it only indicates closeness to you, not her location, you cannot properly predict where she is going unless she was already chasing you. Leaving an approach of a killer to guess work rather than to actually using the information the game properly relays (even with wraith you have a true chance to see his approach, same for freddy, nurse and the likes). There are true cues and information that properly tells you of their location and where they intend to be soon.

    Another thing I don't like is that spirit is a serial through pallet/window hitter, and her katana swing seems to have the reach and hitbox of a truck (confirmation bias, probably, because I've been burnt out of the killer). Getting a spirit to compete with isn't downright fun crippling for me, but it is far from a fun match ( i specially love going against killers such as pig, legion, wraith, nurse, huntress, actually, most of the killers haha). I know huntress hatchets hitbox is ridiculous, but it feels like I've learnt how to mostly work around them, now Rin's katana feels like she can reach much farther and it's a big cone of a reach.

  • I also love her aesthetic but can't say the same about her gameplay. One of the most boring killers to face and play in my opinion.

  • A less fun Wraith is how i see her.

  • Probably the most well designed killer (aesthetic wise) that they have done along with Plague.

    She is extremely fun to play. She’s been my main killer since her release. I don’t mind facing Spirit, but I understand why people dislike her.