is there any point in trying to rank up solo ?

level 8's matched against a rank 1 killer ....

survivors not even trying to unhook, i've died twice tonight on my first hook for being matched with people that don't even attempt to unhook/hide the entire game.


what the hell is the point in trying to match make solo when most of the time you might as well be on your own 1v1 vs the killer. If you manage to get a decent game and get some pips you can guarantee you'l just loose them again in terrible games....


I wish it felt like I was my rank because it was around my skill level and not either because the killer is noob and we escape easy or my team is awful and i die first hook.

Comments

  • There is no point in ranking up. Only thing you go against are the sweats and complaints.

  • Rank doesn't mean skill in this game. Don't worry about it too much.

  • I know those feels.

    Solo survivor gets the shaft just as bad as killer lately.

  • @arslaN said:

    Rank doesn't mean skill in this game. Don't worry about it too much.

    but it SHOULD decide who you get matched with most games? If I keep getting an average team where i can atleast pip 1 and then an awful team that just hides i'm almost guaranteed to loose that pip.... thats not because of skill thats because of awful match making. As I said i wouldn't mind if i was rank 8 because of my skill but i'm atleast better than the people it is matching me with.

  • Never had an issue ranking up as solo survivor. Hell even if I blow 10 skill checks and the match is a disaster I usually still gain a pip, sometimes two. As long as you focus on tasks that will pip you and keep em spread evenly you are pretty much garenteed to rank up as survivor. It's why I'm purple and still climbing despite being a bad survivor, a doomsday potato. Hell I escape as often as not even with regular skill check failures and very poor looping and chase performance. Hold m1 on gens, hold m1 on other survivors, profit. Worst case scenario you black pip if y'all get wrecked, mostly you pip anyway.


    A side note running stakeout makes the game think you're ultra pro for all those free great skill checks and you'll get a much higher score because of it.

  • Escaping is on your team, ranking up is on you.

    I literally have to do half a gen, heal 2 survivors/one unhook and loop the killer for ~2 min and i pip at red ranks. It's not that hard, really.

  • @smartemarte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1230527#Comment_1230527

    but it SHOULD decide who you get matched with most games? If I keep getting an average team where i can atleast pip 1 and then an awful team that just hides i'm almost guaranteed to loose that pip.... thats not because of skill thats because of awful match making. As I said i wouldn't mind if i was rank 8 because of my skill but i'm atleast better than the people it is matching me with.

    Believe me, getting decent teammates is totally by chance nowadays. I'm always in rank 1 and I still get trash teammates really often, like in more than half of my matches I get bad teammates. People can rank up way too easily in this game and they did some really unnecessary rank reset and matchmaking changes a few months ago. It's been really bad since then.

  • My only recommendation on why you should pip up is because the survivors are mildly less potato. Its harder for killers to rank up, so a lot just stay smurfing in lower ranks. So staying low rank isn't all that advantageous. Might as well try and have a better team, especially if you're solo.

  • @arslaN said:

    Rank doesn't mean skill in this game. Don't worry about it too much.

    This ^^

    Survivors rank too quickly, so many less skilled players have ranks that they don't deserve. It can be frustrating at times, but there are also a lot of good solo survivors out there that really make the game more enjoyable. Hopefully the new MMR system will put people in matches with other players of equal skill, and it will be less frustrating.

  • Ya I'm pretty sure the pure ease of ranking up as a survivor even as a complete potato is a big part of the teamate skill problem in higher ranks. It's just time played for survivors while on killer I have to actually do very well to rank up and I also get punished for bad games.

  • only if you want the achievement. your teammates on red ranks will be as bad as on yellow ranks ;D