@Survivors. Why? What? Huh?

So, I'm taking a break from being a killer as I was getting bored.

Over the last 2 week or so I have gotten to the red ranks as a survivor (wasn't very hard really).

But...seriously. What!

The amount of survivors that ignore the center generator and see, to make sure the other 2 are very close or repair all the gens on one side of the map first! Autohaven, The one shaped like a capital i, not sure how best to describe it, but why repair all on one end then complain that the killer can patrol the last 3 or 4 really easiliy! Duh!

I started running kindred to see what people were doing. A few mins into many matches and someone is hooked. Are the other survivors off doing gens? Nope, all flying in like seagulls to the hook (mine mine mine)....then they get downed! Then salty chat about camping....I hate campers, but damn, why walk away when they all flock to you within 25 seconds!

Dropping pallets....when the killer is well out of range of being hit! You didnt really slow then down much with that!

What about the inability to break totems!

Running the killer to me! (You dont get unhooked if you do that to me, I dont care if the match is a lose after that)

Fast vaulting windows to "help" with the gen im doing in the shack when the killer isnt near....!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I'm with you, some of the things my survivor team does bugs me to no end! I had a match last night where someone got hooked and everyone ran to help. I was the only one doing gens. Ended up doing 4 of them while they were playing ring around the hook with the killer. Then they all got slapped and I had to stop what I'm doing to revive a couple of them. I had another game where a Meg was helping me with a gen and she not only potato it, she runs and drops a pallet for no reason. I won't even talk about the sandbagging. It's the risk I take with playing solo survivor though.

  • Yeah, uh, survivor isn't really a 4v1.

    It's more of a case of 1+3v1. As in you have to "cooperate" with three others, but you also basically have to go against them. This is why SWF is so strong. Not because of comms or anything like that, it's because it's extremely hard to potato in the manner of easy 3-gens. Survivors also tend to just do a generator they see, as doing a generator feels WAY slower than going against them.

    Inability to break totems is one of my biggest hates as of late since NoED is overly popular as of late.

    Dropping pallets early is kind of a killer-dependent thing unless they're just potatoes.

    Running the killer to you is kind of a signal that they need a break from being chased, unless they're an absolute potato or troll.

    Seagulling a hook shouldn't be happening unless they know it's safe and even then it should be two max for fast healing.


    Sounds like you've just been eating the rainbow lately. Rank for survivor these days is not quite as much about skill as it is about sheer amount of time in the game.

  • Haha, sounds like many game i had. I say that happens to me 80% of the time. Welcome to the survivors, were it is 1 vs 3 vs 1in most cases. Everyone isn't that bad, have some hope in us please.

  • survivor gameplay is braindead, which puts survivors in ranks that they shouldn't be in. We are then given statistics on red ranks with a massive survivor population inflation, which then is used to nerf killers into the ground and buff survivors.

    There is no attempt to curb SWF which absolutely breaks the game because it gives survivors too much information, and there's no real intention to make large changes to this game on top of that the time between patches is extremely long considering the amount of people that play this game and how many millions of dollars BHVR can throw at their dev teams.

    If you want to have fun in this game, you have to play SWF, if you play solo survivor or killer, you're not going to have a good time.

  • Welcome to the solo survivor experience, we hope you enjoy your stay.

    But seriously, solo survivor is absolute torture if you get teams like you described. At this point don't play to rank up or to escape, play to have as much fun as a solo survivor as you can. If this means try and run the killer for as long as possible, or be immersive and do gens, be the totem hunter, or even if its just one perk that allows you to have fun, play how you need to.

    Hopefully the MMR system fixes this because seriously, solo is awful.

  • I usually solo queue! Which is why kindred is such a useful perk for me at the moment. If their seagulling, I'm staying on the gen.

    Also good to see campers :)

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    I usually solo queue! Which is why kindred is such a useful perk for me at the moment. If their seagulling, I'm staying on the gen.

    Also good to see campers :)

    I have Kindred on a few of my survivors, my Claudette though runs a pretty safe build that keeps me out of a lot of killer interaction, but I can't tell if a killer camps.

  • I use kindred and empathy together when I solo. I can see who is being chased, when I need to get off a gen because they are coming right for me, and of course kindred lets me see 3 idiots running at a hook 2 seconds after the hook has occurred, meanwhile i stand there and sigh with my 'we'll make it" uselessly sitting there in my perk slot.

    Whats worse you say?

    When you have kindred, are hooked, the killer is barely a foot away, your team mates can SEE the killer is barely a foot away, and they still run in without BT for the pointz!

  • This is why I thought that maybe the Killer experience is not as frustrating as it once was, I feel like there are more bad survivors than good ones lately. And the ones that are genuinely good tend to play in SWF groups so they can play optimally.

    There seriously needs something to be done about matchmaking and ranking, because right now some people are where they are not supposed to be.

  • I'll usually go for the gen I spawn nearest to first (right there, and if killer didn't spawn close, easiest to get out of the way), and then my next goal is one more centrally located. My favorite is the one on the boat in the swamp map. Doesn't matter where I spawn, I do that boat gen first because of the foghorn noise; I just love it to much.

    But totally agreed. It's important - especially in solo queue - to try to space out gens so you don't 3-gen and ######### yourself over in the end game.

  • Just played a match where Meg proceeded to potato the gen, sandbag me and I end up getting sacrificed by Freddy. Gotta love bad survivors.

  • Its almost as if nobody is happy with the matchmaking and how little rank matters....