NOED rework idea.

While No One Escapes Death is active, Survivors suffer from the Exposed 

Status Effect and your Movement speed is increased by 2/3/4 %.

The effect lasts for 120 seconds.


This way it’s still possible to save teammates after the effect is over instead of searching for a totem. It would also be less frustrating for killers since the perk doesn’t activate at all sometimes. I know this is somehow a buff but it’s also a nerf since sometimes it can be almost impossible to cleanse all totems or to find the hex totem. 

What do you think?

Comments

  • The perk is fine quit blaming it for your negligence.

  • I don't think NOED needs a buff

  • Deja vu, literally.

  • Pretty sure this was how NOED worked when the game was released. I don't know if it was 120 seconds or 90 seconds. But they felt the need to change it. So I'm going to go out and guess people still didn't like it back then.

  • No. Just no. Break totems, no NOED. Why is this so hard to accomplish? Devs should make Dead By Daylight Lite for all the babies that complain about things because they're too lazy to do stuff in game.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    No. Just no. Break totems, no NOED. Why is this so hard to accomplish? Devs should make Dead By Daylight Lite for all the babies that complain about things because they're too lazy to do stuff in game.

    They're not even nerfing the perk in this thread. Do you feel like it's your job to keep all the "babies" informed about how the perk works? How about analyzing realistic strategies survivors can actually use to avoid NOED whilst also maintaining high efficiency and not gambling their time on a make believe perk the killer might not have? You literally just spout "break totems" like you've never actually faced a good killer using NOED well. Or you can just clarify that your advice comes from a place of less experience and therefore only applies to more casual environments within the game.

    TL;DR

    "Break totems" is not the counter to NOED and I'm pretty fed up with hearing it all the time. It's almost like killers justify the use of the perk by saying it has a simple counter and is therefore not a problem.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228104#Comment_1228104

    They're not even nerfing the perk in this thread. Do you feel like it's your job to keep all the "babies" informed about how the perk works? How about analyzing realistic strategies survivors can actually use to avoid NOED whilst also maintaining high efficiency and not gambling their time on a make believe perk the killer might not have? You literally just spout "break totems" like you've never actually faced a good killer using NOED well. Or you can just clarify that your advice comes from a place of less experience and therefore only applies to more casual environments within the game.

    TL;DR

    "Break totems" is not the counter to NOED and I'm pretty fed up with hearing it all the time. It's almost like killers justify the use of the perk by saying it has a simple counter and is therefore not a problem.

    Break totems is not the counter to NOED??? LOL! You just lost all credibility with all of your posts.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228117#Comment_1228117

    Break totems is not the counter to NOED??? You just lost all credibility with all of your posts.

    I explained in my thread that there are several counters to NOED, breaking dull totems being one of the least versatile and effective. That doesn't mean breaking totems doesn't counter NOED, it just means countering NOED is more nuanced and requires more strategy than actually equipping and using the perk.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228117#Comment_1228117

    Break totems is not the counter to NOED??? You just lost all credibility with all of your posts.

    I mean... Posting the same answer to every topic about it isn't helping either. Breaking totems is fine. But what feels bad about NOED is when you do break totems. Maybe 3-4 in a match. But no one on your team decided to break a totem or it was really well hidden. And then you get hit with NOED and die on a single hook. It feels like crap.


    Give survivors a perk that allows them to spawn into the map and see all 5 totems highlighted. And I'll break all the totems. But NOED just feels bad and annoying. Hopefully on the new patch killers will be a little bit stronger. So they can stop running NOED and the game can go back to being normal. But right now seeing it every game is zzzZzzzz.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228125#Comment_1228125

    I mean... Posting the same answer to every topic about it isn't helping either. Breaking totems is fine. But what feels bad about NOED is when you do break totems. Maybe 3-4 in a match. But no one on your team decided to break a totem or it was really well hidden. And then you get hit with NOED and die on a single hook. It feels like crap.

    Give survivors a perk that allows them to spawn into the map and see all 5 totems highlighted. And I'll break all the totems. But NOED just feels bad and annoying. Hopefully on the new patch killers will be a little bit stronger. So they can stop running NOED and the game can go back to being normal. But right now seeing it every game is zzzZzzzz.

    Its called detectives hunch. Do one gen and you'll pretty much see everything.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228125#Comment_1228125

    I mean... Posting the same answer to every topic about it isn't helping either. Breaking totems is fine. But what feels bad about NOED is when you do break totems. Maybe 3-4 in a match. But no one on your team decided to break a totem or it was really well hidden. And then you get hit with NOED and die on a single hook. It feels like crap.

    Give survivors a perk that allows them to spawn into the map and see all 5 totems highlighted. And I'll break all the totems. But NOED just feels bad and annoying. Hopefully on the new patch killers will be a little bit stronger. So they can stop running NOED and the game can go back to being normal. But right now seeing it every game is zzzZzzzz.

    Then blame your team, don't blame the devs and ask for nerfs. Plenty of times I've got slapped by NOED when I've broken 2 or 3 totems. It's not the game or the hex fault that it works like it should. And while you're talking about me answering the same thing to every post, talk about why there are so many posts to begin with.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228133#Comment_1228133

    Then blame your team, don't blame the devs and ask for nerfs. Plenty of times I've got slapped by NOED when I've broken 2 or 3 totems. It's not the game or the hex fault that it works like it should. And while you're talking about me answering the same thing to every post, talk about why there are so many posts to begin with.

    Because no body likes NOED. The only people that enjoy NOED are people that have never played anything other then killer. No ones ever been hit by NOED at the end of the game and laughed. "Oh he got me good with that Noed! What a fun perk that is. I hope we find more killers tonight that use it. It makes the game feel really refreshing!"

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228104#Comment_1228104

    They're not even nerfing the perk in this thread. Do you feel like it's your job to keep all the "babies" informed about how the perk works? How about analyzing realistic strategies survivors can actually use to avoid NOED whilst also maintaining high efficiency and not gambling their time on a make believe perk the killer might not have? You literally just spout "break totems" like you've never actually faced a good killer using NOED well. Or you can just clarify that your advice comes from a place of less experience and therefore only applies to more casual environments within the game.

    TL;DR

    "Break totems" is not the counter to NOED and I'm pretty fed up with hearing it all the time. It's almost like killers justify the use of the perk by saying it has a simple counter and is therefore not a problem.

    Breaking totems is literally the entire counter to it. Instead of running your full meta build, try bringing Detective's Hunch or Small Game if you're having so much trouble with NOED

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228255#Comment_1228255

    Because no body likes NOED. The only people that enjoy NOED are people that have never played anything other then killer. No ones ever been hit by NOED at the end of the game and laughed. "Oh he got me good with that Noed! What a fun perk that is. I hope we find more killers tonight that use it. It makes the game feel really refreshing!"

    That's where you're wrong, I'm a survivor main and as a survivor main, I don't have a problem with NOED. I do what I need to to prevent it, but if I get tagged by it, guess what? I get hooked and I either die or get rescued. I'm not all "jolly gee goodness" like you say, but I can accept it for what it is. It's a game, I'm not going to escape all the time. I'll probably never be a red rank and that's ok. Nobody is paying me to play, so I just have fun with it. Does it have flaws? Of course. But for you all that complain about this and that because you're not winning or because you're a red rank you should never lose, you all are being ridiculous. I've never seen a game trigger people to lose their mind like this.

  • @Deadman316 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228261#Comment_1228261

    That's where you're wrong, I'm a survivor main and as a survivor main, I don't have a problem with NOED. I do what I need to to prevent it, but if I get tagged by it, guess what? I get hooked and I either die or get rescued. I'm not all "jolly gee goodness" like you say, but I can accept it for what it is. It's a game, I'm not going to escape all the time. I'll probably never be a red rank and that's ok. Nobody is paying me to play, so I just have fun with it. Does it have flaws? Of course. But for you all that complain about this and that because you're not winning or because you're a red rank you should never lose, you all are being ridiculous. I've never seen a game trigger people to lose their mind like this.

    I am normally the first person to beg for killer buffs. I have played killer the majority of my time in DBD. I want killers to be strong again so they don't feel the need to have to rely on NOED to get pity kills at the end of the game. I'm always going to be able to be high ranked on either side. I just have the game knowledge that makes it easy. Doesn't mean I want to win every game. I actually got mori'd in like 4 straight games last night and told the killers gg it's nice to die once in awhile. And that was that.

  • This is actually EXACTLY what NOED was before it was a totem (and it was just infinite before that). The problem here is that survivors just hide until it goes away. Killer might get 1 person but the rest just wait, or even just outright leave the trial.

    It didn't work then, probably won't work now especially with EGC.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228322#Comment_1228322

    I am normally the first person to beg for killer buffs. I have played killer the majority of my time in DBD. I want killers to be strong again so they don't feel the need to have to rely on NOED to get pity kills at the end of the game. I'm always going to be able to be high ranked on either side. I just have the game knowledge that makes it easy. Doesn't mean I want to win every game. I actually got mori'd in like 4 straight games last night and told the killers gg it's nice to die once in awhile. And that was that.

    And I emphasize with you killers because I know it's not easy to chase 4 people. I also believe that NOED is not the problem. Ebony Mori is more of a priority for any killer item/perk that should be reworked.

  • No, there's already lots of counters to NOED.

    You can do bones. It's actually kind of fun if you make it your main objective and keep a map handy or use detective's hunch.

    You can bring an insta heal for teammates

    You can bring no one left behind and combo with that other perk that speeds up unhooking (cant remember its name) or resilience for teammates

    Unbreakable might help

    On the toxic side you already have hook rushing body blockers with flashlights and decisive strike. Have you ever played against a red rank SWF that strategically all body block the same person, then three of them simultaneously flashlight blind you while teabagging?

    I get that NOED can be frustrating if you're playing solo survivor but honestly half the time just having urban evasion and spine chilll can get you past the exit gate if a killer is camping the gate with NOED. The only time I've had problems with NOED while playing solo survivor was when the exit gates are super close together. It's still doable if you're super sweaty and tryhard. The best way to play solo survivor is to assume that every killer has NOED, BBQ, Nurse's calling, Iron maiden, and bitter murmur.