Can any1 help me play killer

I'm new, keep getting gen rush and juke everytime, don' know how to apply pressure, get bullied, no meta perks. Any1 can tell me some tips for playing killer, thank you. I am at rank 5

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • https://youtu.be/t8u0jRxN2kQ


    https://youtu.be/9Jrv7TQYg5U

    I think those two videos could be helpful if you struggle with chases.

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://youtu.be/t8u0jRxN2kQ

    https://youtu.be/9Jrv7TQYg5U

    I think those two videos could be helpful if you struggle with chases.

    Thx

  • Get someone to go private match and practice without the pressure of gens popping left and right

  • For juking, don't lunge. I know it's super tempting but a good juker can dodge your lunge. It's not impossible to dodge a normal swing but it is FAR harder to dodge as they have to be dodging before you swing and get lucky.

    The rest (pressure on gens, perks, etc) you'll just kind of get with experience. Try not to just guard a single gen (even if it's about ready to pop, guarding one almost always backfires on you) and figure out what perks work with your play style. Some of it too is just needing experience to unlock perks in the bloodweb so it just takes time to get.

    I'm a killer who constantly moves and has no problem giving up a chase if it's going badly so I focus on gen damage perks like Surveillance and Overcharge (and like I said in the 2nd paragraph, that's a Pig and Doctor perk respectively so it took time for me to unlock them both for everyone once I figured out I liked them).

    The game can have a harsh learning curve so try not to let it get you too down. We all had to take our lumps at some point.

  • No problem :)

    If you struggle with builds, Otzdarva made videos about basic builds on Wraith and Freddy, so if you play one of them they might be interesting for you.

    (He also has a killer perk tierlist, an addon tierlist and list with a build for every Killer, but if you have only basic perks, that list might be not that interesting for you in the moment.)

  • Dude honestly if you're at rank 5 as killer I'd already say you're doing pretty good. At that point it's mostly about fine-tuning your playstyle: doing things like red stain mindgames and moonwalking, or just simply knowing the survivor mindset. With that in mind, it also helps if you play both roles, as you kind of understand what each one would want to do in a certain situation.

  • @Huff said:

    Dude honestly if you're at rank 5 as killer I'd already say you're doing pretty good. At that point it's mostly about fine-tuning your playstyle: doing things like red stain mindgames and moonwalking, or just simply knowing the survivor mindset. With that in mind, it also helps if you play both roles, as you kind of understand what each one would want to do in a certain situation.

    Oh, playing both roles is HUGE. I have learned so many tricks as a survivor and as a killer because while playing the opposite role, I'll see my opponents do something I never thought to do.

  • If you're at Rank 5 I'd say you're doing fine. That's about when the game starts taking a turn, and games become more difficult as you face fewer survivors who don't know how to deal with whichever kill you're playing. Losses are more memorable than your wins because losses feel much worse than wins feel good. Especially with survivors who teabag you at the exit gates after you avoided tunneling them to death because you wanted to play fair. Just do your best, and know that you'll get better the more you play. Chances are you're much better now than you were a month ago.