Why do killers try to justify toxicity?

When a killers toxic its because "they had a few bad games" i have seen that excuse thrown around on the fourms and it just dosent make sense. Why try to justify killers toxicity by blaming it on survivors?

By toxic i mean nodding your head while facecamping or playing insidous bubba with a mori

If your gonna reply please dont call me a survivor main (i play both sides equally) or mention my username (my names just a meme

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Deadeye , I know you're right. Some folks just want to ruin another's fun.

    I like to kill em with kindness. I have sent gg wp to facecampers who have actually apologized by the end of the conversation.

    But others want nothing more than salt

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224220#Comment_1224220

    My games tonight: (Different sides as I had 3 Rituals to do)

    Survivor: Pretty standard, escaped, gg's in chat after.

    Survivor: Also standard, also escaped, gg's in chat after.

    Survivor: Got killed, gg's in chat after.

    Survivor: Downed as last one alive, killer took me to hatch. gg's in chat after.

    Survivor: Killer just goofing off, didn't hit us more than a couple times, let us all go, laughing in chat after.

    Killer: First survivor I see drops a pallet and teabags. Runs to next pallet and teabags. Mostly continues this way. Exit opens and group circles around the gate teabagging. "lol killer get git lol nub" in chat after.

    Killer: Played against a small streamer and his group. Good game, no one was rude, gg's in chat after.

    Killer: First guy I see runs to a pallet and teabags. Runs to next pallet and teabags. Runs to next one and teabags. I leave him alone but he continually walks out near me to bait me, I presume. Also has DStrike, so I assume he's the designated SWF team bait, but oh well. "######### killer tunneling me ######### noob ######### leave our friend alone" in chat after. They're all ~10 ranks above me, too.

    Seriously, there's just something about survivors that causes them to act out. Maybe it's because they're always "protected" by having friends with them so everyone feels empowered to just let civility go because they have backup.

    I dunno. I liked playing killer, but it's basically always a trollfest when I play killer and fairly friendly when I play survivor. So I'm driven more toward one than the other.

    My personal opinion is they know how well it favors them, especially in groups. The game used to be difficult, it was expected that 2 people died minimum, 3 wasn't unexpected. Now they've got a counter for everything, they have perks to reward unsafe unhooking, can stack decisive strike to prevent killer getting any hooks during EGC and whatnot, and even just ranking up as survivor is generally easier, killers have to be extremely efficient and let you go so they can keep stacking score.

    What I see as killer is survivors in SWF who drop out (Where I've confirmed by just checking profiles before the game) because they thought they might finally derank and instead they want to deny me points as much as possible. They know that their 5 min ban and 2 pip derank is meaningless, the ban is over before their friends play again, and if they just try hard with their SWF group for another 20 mins they got their rank back.

    Personally I got the game to play killer. I do play survivor sparingly but I prefer killer. Frankly though, I find there's almost no fun left. We have to min-max to even keep our rank where it is, and the game has become pitifully easy especially for the SWF groups.

    The game favors survivors, survivors know it, and the game has never changed to reflect the fact the average game is SWF now and thus most perks are obsolete or negated. It's only going to get worse, less and less people playing killers, and thus longer wait times.


    Also having just recently played survivor again, holy hell I just realized survivors get points just for vaulting in a chase and even get 1000 points just for dying as obsession and even more if they live as obsession. Survivors are so coddled whilst killers are fighting tooth and nail to even maintain their rank (We don't even get points if we hit survivors at the gates), this kind of crap is why killers get toxic.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    You're very good at starting bait threads.

    I'm always surprised to see so many people responding so seriously.

    and the Deflection of the Year reward goes to...


    OP is asking you how this is bait and you're doing cartwheels around the question.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1224692#Comment_1224692

    Both sides get praised for playing in an annoying way. Monto when he plays killer or ayrun when he plays survivor they both bully the killer or survivor and get praised for it

    One side more so than the other, but yes, both sides can be.

  • they dont,sometimes killers get fed up with toxic survivors you know?since survivors are toxic pretty much all the time

  • Its your fault for seeting toxicity in simple nodding or teabagging.

  • To fight fire with fire. I’ve just started this game and the stuff I’ve seen lead to come here and see what the hell is going on.


    Survivors using exploits and generally being jerks ruins any enjoyment I have of the game.


    fine, that’s the way this game is played? I’ll be a jerk like everyone else.

  • Probably the same way survivors do.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    When a killers toxic its because "they had a few bad games" i have seen that excuse thrown around on the fourms and it just dosent make sense. Why try to justify killers toxicity by blaming it on survivors?

    By toxic i mean nodding your head while facecamping or playing insidous bubba with a mori

    If your gonna reply please dont call me a survivor main (i play both sides equally) or mention my username (my names just a meme

    Simple vicious circle of violence(or in this case toxicity). It keeps perpetuate... Sooo why you keep asking that question?

  • @Raven014 said:

    The problem about this is that survivor toxicity is praised whereas killer toxicity is (usually) disparaged... a double standard that makes things much harder for killers, and drives them to be toxic regardless of the complaints of the other side, because they know survivor mains are hypocrites in this regard.

    @Raven014 said:

    The problem about this is that survivor toxicity is praised whereas killer toxicity is (usually) disparaged... a double standard that makes things much harder for killers, and drives them to be toxic regardless of the complaints of the other side, because they know survivor mains are hypocrites in this regard.

    5ed3084jdli31.png


  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1223681#Comment_1223681

    Wow what a strong argument! Last bait i made was in January when i clamied killers have second chance perks like enduring, spirit and for some reasone that thread came back to life recently. I genuinely wanna know what makes you think this is a bait? Just because im not a killer main dosent mean its a bait

    by you responding i think he might be baiting you

1 2 3 ›