Calm Spirit
Is it true that it counters the Trapper's traps? As in, when you step in one the Trapper won't get a notification?
Also, does it still counter Doctor and Clown's notifications?
Is it true that it counters the Trapper's traps? As in, when you step in one the Trapper won't get a notification?
Also, does it still counter Doctor and Clown's notifications?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It does counter Doctor and Clown notifications... the trapper one would be news to me. I would like to know this as well!
I'll try to see if I face a trapper :3 but he's rare to face.
I believe it prevents the scream from getting trapped, but he can still see your aura while trapped
Aw, not that good against him then... But it would be pretty OP if it did prevent the aura...
It's still pretty good because that means that unless he's looking in your direction, he might assume that the snap of the trap was just one of his traps getting disarmed
Wait it hides ur aura when ur trapped? That is neat then.
calm spirit + distortion :O
That's a god tier combo... XD
I wish Calm Spirit also shielded me from killer instinct.
Pls devs
What's killer instinct? I just returned.
The heartbeat notification that shows Legion your location when he is in feral frenzy.
It would make playing against Legion vaguely tolerable.
Didnt he get nerfed to trash tier? I swear he isn't annoying anymore? Since he can't do the moonwalk tactic, since the bar doesn't go down when you're in his terror radius right?
It got nerfed even further lol, now it doesn't go down if you're running or mending, regardless of TR
That's actually sad... Poor Legion.
The Trapper still hears the trap go off. Calm Spirit has nothing to do with it. It's about the trap itself. If you so much as disarm the trap he'll be notified by the large snapping sound. Step in it and he'll be notified no matter what perk you run.
Trapper main, so I hear snapping all the time. Thing is, even Distortion does not help because an astute killer knows where his traps are. If he gets the notification and suddenly can't see one of his traps or only sees the newly disarmed trap, he knows where you are.
Thanks a lot lol, I'll probably still run Calm Spirit as a survivor since it can be disorientating for killers after they hit you (Spirit and Nurse), it also counters Doctor who is somehow meta now, and it counters Spies which you see here and there. Thanks a lot for telling me though!
"Calm Spirit does not counter the Madness Tier-up Aura-reveal when The Doctor has any "Restraint" Add-on equipped."
Thats what i found in the Trivia, so some docs are able to make you scream. Maybe it helps to know.
Thanks a lot, I'll keep it in mind.
It'll prevent screams, but nothing else. Anything that reveals auras or makes a loud noise on its own (like a bear trap) will still give you away.
To add to this, the Doctor will still receive the notification of the score event when he hits you with static blast of shock therapy, even though Calm Spirit prevents the scream bubble from appearing.
Oh thats good to know, so he can like hit me with the static blast and i scream, but while in tier 3 of madness the screams, and also the snap out of it missed skill checks dont give away my location?
Also thats actually good, cause it would be to op if calm spirit would just negate docs ability. (While screaming still doesnt let you do certain things like use windows what is one of his strengths, but his tracking would be complete useless).
Calm spirit is honestly one of those perks from a different time in dbd I feel
Even against doc, it’s mediocre at best
I'm guessing you already got your answer (didn't read everything) but while calm spirit will prevent any screaming, the trap "snapping" sound will still give the Trapper a heads up (explosion) that his trap was triggered.
To add to this even though you won't scream when getting hit by Clowns gas it will still cause the point icon to appear on the Clowns screen. This goes with Doctor as well so if they are paying attention they will still know they hit someone, they just won't see the notification as a "explosion".