Emblem system is hell for killers.

I just love getting a 4k with 4 gens left to go and just getting Brutal Killer.

By all means, punish players for doing well.

Comments

  • @Zaitsev said:

    I just love getting a 4k with 4 gens left to go and just getting Brutal Killer.

    By all means, punish players for doing well.

    I've escaped so quick as Survivor that I depip. It's a problem for everyone.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145194/emblem-system-is-hell-for-killers

    I've escaped so quick as Survivor that I depip. It's a problem for everyone.

    Another issue that both sides can agree on.

  • This system made me stop caring about pips. It’s that #########. I cared about them a little bit before but now I’ve just stopped. The devs clearly had no clue what they were doing when they last touched the entire Emblem system (not just one Emblem) in 2.6.0. Some Killers are punished for using their powers, which is one of the stupidest things about this system. It’s basically designed to punish you for playing efficiently. Getting a safety pip or even DEPIPPING after getting four sacrifices should never happen. Hell, you shouldn’t depip if you get three or four kills or you escape. Those should automatically guarantee a safety pip.

  • Honestly the game's doing you a favour by not ranking you up.

  • During the last days of the rift i went against a lot of afk wraiths, 3 min game and ofc i depiped because i only got a silver lightbringer and iri broken

  • Yeah, it's super weird that winning in a spectacular fashion actually seems to be punished by the game.

    Had a survivor group run me over last night, and one of them said they deranked from it. That...seems wrong?

  • On the other hand, you clearly stomped some players who were not even close to your Skill Level. Do you expect a Reward for this?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    On the other hand, you clearly stomped some players who were not even close to your Skill Level. Do you expect a Reward for this?

    I wouldn't expect them to get a penalty for it.

    A lack of a reward, sure, but a penalty? For just doing their job? They didn't get asked to get matched with my newbie self any more than I asked to get stomped.

  • So you just didnt do the objectives mentioned by the emblems. Not the games fault, your fault.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222013#Comment_1222013

    I wouldn't expect them to get a penalty for it.

    A lack of a reward, sure, but a penalty? For just doing their job? They didn't get asked to get matched with my newbie self any more than I asked to get stomped.

    Brutal Killer is a Blackpip, therefore no Reward.

  • I think you guys are misreading what I said.

    I was the killer. The survivors won handily, and one of them said they deranked due to a lack of emblems.

    (Sometimes it feels like people are so eager to argue that they don't even fully read what they're replying to, it's just straight to argument mode.)

  • Then you just play legion and get a pip every game

  • @BeHasU said:

    During the last days of the rift i went against a lot of afk wraiths, 3 min game and ofc i depiped because i only got a silver lightbringer and iri broken

    I know. If your going afk, at least bring a killer with a TR so we can safety pip.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    On the other hand, you clearly stomped some players who were not even close to your Skill Level. Do you expect a Reward for this?

    This was red ranks. Lowest one was Rank 3

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    So you just didnt do the objectives mentioned by the emblems. Not the games fault, your fault.

    So ending chases quickly is a bad thing?

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221980#Comment_1221980

    I know. If your going afk, at least bring a killer with a TR so we can safety pip.

    I think that's the point of scared wraith.

    I even open the gates to get the points before survivors do

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    On the other hand, you clearly stomped some players who were not even close to your Skill Level. Do you expect a Reward for this?

    If I stomp a group of players, most of the time that would mean I'm at the wrong rank and I should be pushed up much farther to play with players that are at my skill level.

    @LetsPlayTogether said:

    So you just didnt do the objectives mentioned by the emblems. Not the games fault, your fault.

    You've got to be ######### kidding me. Did the Killer's objectives really switch from mercilessly destroy the Survivors to give them a couple chances and then kill them if they fail?

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222040#Comment_1222040

    I think that's the point of scared wraith.

    I even open the gates to get the points before survivors do

    The point is to depip the survivors as well?

    I thought it was so the killer could depip.

    Doesn't make sense to depip the same survivors one is trying to get away from playing.

  • Not to mention adept achievements... Playing non meta perks and getting 2 pip is barely possible, cuz even in GREEN ranks it have to be 3 iri and 1 gold at very least.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222405#Comment_1222405

    The point is to depip the survivors as well?

    I thought it was so the killer could depip.

    Doesn't make sense to depip the same survivors one is trying to get away from playing.

    Few months back

    Personally I did a scared wraith weekend where I never interacted with survivors because I had so much hate mail on Friday about how much these people personally hated me and my mother because they died. So I figured fine if Noone has fun this way maybe people will have more fun alone


    I still got hate mail because they were bored. (To be clear I'm not afk breaking the rules just hiding from bullies lol)

    I just wanted rift fragments for the old Halloween gear :, (

  • Actually the game is too easy to pip. the issue is achieving a pip in an average game really isnt too hard at all, killer or survivor as it doesnt require a huge amount of effort until you at least hit red ranks which even still can be pretty easy as long as you arent a one trick pony. the game also awards black/safety pips which mean you hardly ever de-rank meaning nearly everyone gets alot lower than their actual skill which is why sometimes you get games you can dominate and not pip because the game was way to easy, iv had killer games and survivor games where i "win" (escape or killed all 4) but because it was too easy and matched against people not at the right rank even the game gets confused. OVERALL:

    • Dont worry about pipping, ranks honestly mean so very little atm
    • The lower ranks tend to consist of the same perks/killers etc. which you will soon miss seeing other things
    • if you de-pip/safety and escape as a survivor you wasnt matched against the right skilled player or you didnt do enough in the trial (its not all about escaping)
    • If you de-pip/safety as a killer after getting 4k with 4/5gens it means you was so very miss matched or you didnt provide entertainment for the entity (remember thats the whole point lore wise) which means if you dont hook them enough times (slugging them all or using mori`s) then you will not pip