Which perks are still unplayably weak?

The last perk update was impressive, turning a lot of perks from wasted space on the Bloodweb into useful options, but there's several more that need the same treatment, and I'm wondering which ones most players think those are.

I thought of this because there are two perks I've refused to buy the teachable versions for, since I don't want them wasting perk spots in my other characters' Bloodwebs. Those would be Bill's Left Behind and Pig's Surveillance. I doubt there'll be much argument about how pointless those two perks are, but which other perks are that bad these days?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • I mean there are really bad perks, perks that are very situational or perks that could be replaced by something else. I consider the following perks as really bad and wouldn't use them in any way.

    Survivors
    Botany Knowledge
    No one left behind
    Dark sense
    Left behind
    This is not happening
    Streetwise
    Wake up
    Deja vu

    Killers
    Beast of prey
    Overwhelming presence
    Thanatophobia
    Iron grasp
    Monstrous shrine
    Unrelenting
    Fire up
    Hangman's trick
    Surveillance

  • Delfador said:

    I mean there are really bad perks, perks that are very situational or perks that could be replaced by something else. I consider the following perks as really bad and wouldn't use them in any way.

    Survivors
    Botany Knowledge
    No one left behind
    Dark sense
    Left behind
    This is not happening
    Streetwise
    Wake up
    Deja vu

    Killers
    Beast of prey
    Overwhelming presence
    Thanatophobia
    Iron grasp
    Monstrous shrine
    Unrelenting
    Fire up
    Hangman's trick
    Surveillance

    Basically this here! ^^^
  • I actually love Déjà vu.
  • Dark Sense allows you to know where the Killer is coming from after you complete a generator, which is great for stealth players.

  • Deja is pretty decent to avoid the famous 3 gen strat.
    A few of those could use some buffs.

  • @switch said:
    Deja is pretty decent to avoid the famous 3 gen strat.
    A few of those could use some buffs.

    I find it's pretty easy to do without the perk, though. Find a few close together, go for the middle one first, or alternatively, once one generator goes off, try to get one on the opposite side of the map.

  • @Peanits said:

    @switch said:
    Deja is pretty decent to avoid the famous 3 gen strat.
    A few of those could use some buffs.

    I find it's pretty easy to do without the perk, though. Find a few close together, go for the middle one first, or alternatively, once one generator goes off, try to get one on the opposite side of the map.

    Its not hard to avoid it but for new players deja vu can be a life saver.
    You would be surprised how many times the killer loses 4 gens on me and yet he still has 3 gens in ~20 meters and usually gets a 2k-3k when he played it badly.
    As i said the perk is decent not for high rank survivors.

  • Survivors:
    Prove Thyself (unless coupled with Leader)
    Vigil (after exhaustion nerf)
    Deja Vu
    Saboteur
    Sole Survivor
    Left Behind
    No Mither (still run it from time to time for the extra challenge and bonuses when combined with other perks)
    Hope
    Sprint Burst
    Dark Sense
    Boil Over

     Killer:
    Bitter Murmur
    Hex: Devour Hope
    Hex: Huntress Lullaby
    Beast of Prey
    Tinkerer
    Thanataphobia
    Surveillance
    Hangmans Trick
    Hex: The Third Seal
    Play With Your Food
    Shadowborn
    Fire Up

    Edit: By including Sprint Burst in here, I'm not saying it's underpowered or anything. I just hate this perk and personally prefer Dead Hard and Balanced Landing.
  • @Delfador said:
    I mean there are really bad perks, perks that are very situational or perks that could be replaced by something else. I consider the following perks as really bad and wouldn't use them in any way.

    Survivors
    Botany Knowledge
    No one left behind
    Dark sense
    Left behind
    This is not happening
    Streetwise
    Wake up
    Deja vu

    Killers
    Beast of prey
    Overwhelming presence
    Thanatophobia
    Iron grasp
    Monstrous shrine
    Unrelenting
    Fire up
    Hangman's trick
    Surveillance

    Deja Vu is quite good now, Botany is OK with Self Care, and Hangman's is good on Trapper.

  • @Delfador said:
    I mean there are really bad perks, perks that are very situational or perks that could be replaced by something else. I consider the following perks as really bad and wouldn't use them in any way.

    Survivors
    Botany Knowledge
    No one left behind
    Dark sense
    Left behind
    This is not happening
    Streetwise
    Wake up
    Deja vu

    Killers
    Beast of prey
    Overwhelming presence
    Thanatophobia
    Iron grasp
    Monstrous shrine
    Unrelenting
    Fire up
    Hangman's trick
    Surveillance

    LOL reading my own post made me realize something.

    No one left behind, left behind, this is not happening, wake up could be a pretty good meme build.

  • @Delfador said:
    I mean there are really bad perks, perks that are very situational or perks that could be replaced by something else. I consider the following perks as really bad and wouldn't use them in any way.

    Survivors
    Botany Knowledge
    No one left behind
    Dark sense
    Left behind
    This is not happening
    Streetwise
    Wake up
    Deja vu

    Killers
    Beast of prey
    Overwhelming presence
    Thanatophobia
    Iron grasp
    Monstrous shrine
    Unrelenting
    Fire up
    Hangman's trick
    Surveillance

    Botany Knowledge, Streetwise, and Wake up are good perks!

  • Iron Grasp is amazing during this event.  Otherwise...meh.
  • Iron Grasp is amazing during this event.  Otherwise...meh.
  • @Peanits said:

    @switch said:
    Deja is pretty decent to avoid the famous 3 gen strat.
    A few of those could use some buffs.

    I find it's pretty easy to do without the perk, though. Find a few close together, go for the middle one first, or alternatively, once one generator goes off, try to get one on the opposite side of the map.

    Jep, but Deja was always to be intended to be a beginner perk. You know one of these perks, that people start using when they begin the game, until they realized, that they unlocked or gained better perks, that only an advanteg user can handle. And now it even works as such. That's why I would say the perk is fine.
    Same counts for current Unrelenting. It's a beginner perk in my eyes and it works well as such.

  • @NeoVid said:
    The last perk update was impressive, turning a lot of perks from wasted space on the Bloodweb into useful options, but there's several more that need the same treatment, and I'm wondering which ones most players think those are.

    I thought of this because there are two perks I've refused to buy the teachable versions for, since I don't want them wasting perk spots in my other characters' Bloodwebs. Those would be Bill's Left Behind and Pig's Surveillance. I doubt there'll be much argument about how pointless those two perks are, but which other perks are that bad these days?

    I'd say that Play with your Food isn't very strong since downing one person already almost removes the perk and you only get tokens when letting the obsession go. It should be that you only lose tokens when hitting your obsession like Save the Best for Last

  • @Salty_Pearl said:

    @Delfador said:
    I mean there are really bad perks, perks that are very situational or perks that could be replaced by something else. I consider the following perks as really bad and wouldn't use them in any way.

    Survivors
    Botany Knowledge
    No one left behind
    Dark sense
    Left behind
    This is not happening
    Streetwise
    Wake up
    Deja vu

    Killers
    Beast of prey
    Overwhelming presence
    Thanatophobia
    Iron grasp
    Monstrous shrine
    Unrelenting
    Fire up
    Hangman's trick
    Surveillance

    Botany Knowledge, Streetwise, and Wake up are good perks!

    You wrote weak wrong.

    All support perks are weak af. They need to give at least a speed bonus of 50%. For example if someone wants to use Botany Knowledge and Prove Thyself to boost his SC healing speed to medkit lvl, then i´m totally ok with that.
    Support perks need to be strong.

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Salty_Pearl said:

    @Delfador said:
    I mean there are really bad perks, perks that are very situational or perks that could be replaced by something else. I consider the following perks as really bad and wouldn't use them in any way.

    Survivors
    Botany Knowledge
    No one left behind
    Dark sense
    Left behind
    This is not happening
    Streetwise
    Wake up
    Deja vu

    Killers
    Beast of prey
    Overwhelming presence
    Thanatophobia
    Iron grasp
    Monstrous shrine
    Unrelenting
    Fire up
    Hangman's trick
    Surveillance

    Botany Knowledge, Streetwise, and Wake up are good perks!

    You wrote weak wrong.

    All support perks are weak af. They need to give at least a speed bonus of 50%. For example if someone wants to use Botany Knowledge and Prove Thyself to boost his SC healing speed to medkit lvl, then i´m totally ok with that.
    Support perks need to be strong.

    I always thought of Streetwise for your own use only..... And i like Wake Up! It's useful when you are being chansed and need a direction to go