My opinions on the Developer Update

(Before you start reading, YES, I KNOW THE PTB ISN'T OUT THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS ON ALL OF THIS DON'T YELL AT ME)




Repair Changes

-Efficiency with other survivors on a generator

I like this actually, 36 speed generator with 4 survivors instead of 28, may seem like only an 8 second difference but those 8 seconds are actually incredibly big for 110% movement speed killers or killers that need to set up like Hag and Trapper

-Skill Checks

Great Skillchecks change was an interesting one, but I feel like it should have been a slightly smaller decrease (We won't know until the PTB if this was a good change or not) I feel like it should be 1.5 instead but hey, 300 BP for hitting a great so I am fine

-Perk Changes

Prove thyself {REDACTED}

StakeOut shows devs look towards changing weaker perks, not only focusing on changing meta perks

Map Changes

I made the exact sound that you hear in halo's meme, I was so happy that the cornfield maps got some loop changes, my hopes however is that the corn is a bit shorter as I can't see anything through the corn


The other changes


The only one I really cared about was Legion's change, I never liked playing them because of the fatigue removing tracking pretty much



EDIT: I am big stupid, so I will change PTS's thing by removing it as I have no real opinion on its state, this could be a yes no thing

Comments

  • Ok so while everything else was right you got prove thyself wrong as instead of being nerfed it was buffed to 15% to counter act the 15% repair defecincy from co-op repair

  • @onlycampers said:

    BHVR and killer playerbase: the love story goes on

    I'm a survivor main....

  • Prove Thyself already does 10%. Its being buffed to 15%

  • @LegionOfDumb said:

    Prove Thyself already does 10%. Its being buffed to 15%

    I swear I saw it say decreased, I must be dumb


    I read it wrong, I am indeed big stupid

  • Dude if the Corn isn't shorten on Rotten imma be sad

  • I just can't wait to load into maps like the Temple or Farm variants as DeathSlinger and not want to cry lol

  • @SlimeyRex said:

    Dude if the Corn isn't shorten on Rotten imma be sad

    I hope it is, if it isn't then playing Legion or Hag will be painful, but not as painful

  • I agree I'm loving the sound of these changes. I think it's good that the cornfield maps are seeing changes, though personally I hope they don't decrease the size of the corn, I think stealth is something that shouldn't be nerfed for survivors. Having it's size reduced and the loops looked at is all that the Cornfield maps need in my opinion.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    I just can't wait to load into maps like the Temple or Farm variants as DeathSlinger and not want to cry lol

    I feel you, everytime I play deathslinger in a party my friends already know when I make a groaning sound that I spawned on a farm map

  • I feel sorry for the people who committed old maps to muscle memory. Everything's probably gonna feel so weird for a little bit.

    I think the game needs this patch though tbh.

  • @Heartbound said:

    I feel sorry for the people who committed old maps to muscle memory. Everything's probably gonna feel so weird for a little bit.

    I think the game needs this patch though tbh.

    It absolutely does. And I for one cannot wait for it to come out.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I agree I'm loving the sound of these changes. I think it's good that the cornfield maps are seeing changes, though personally I hope they don't decrease the size of the corn, I think stealth is something that shouldn't be nerfed for survivors. Having it's size reduced and the loops looked at is all that the Cornfield maps need in my opinion.

    I am fine with the corn still being on the map, but it would be nice to have shorter corn that is slightly taller than the survivors crouch

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1197433#Comment_1197433

    I am fine with the corn still being on the map, but it would be nice to have shorter corn that is slightly taller than the survivors crouch

    I don't know, I think that would hurt the stealth potential the corn gives survivors too much. I think reducing map size and working on loops is enough to make maps like this balanced, stealth doesn't need to be nerfed on those maps.

  • Another update and Shelter Woods is still intact.

  • @onlycampers said:

    BHVR and killer playerbase: the love story goes on

    1507152893_22281675_872660352889616_1663846255288003128_n.jpg