Map-wide Comms is OP
Yeah, I said it.
Yeah, I said it.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Yea, ya did. Balance suggestions?
I was talking with a friend about coms on the game period, and we're not against the idea on in game nearby coms, this would allow the devs to then balance around some sort of communication system, even if swf can still have map wide advantage.
They could even get creative with it and bring the killer into aspect, allowing them to hear survivors. Like volume matters. Quiet talking/whispering can let you speak with a nearby teammate without a nearby killer hearing, higher volumes would increase the range in which you can be hear, maybe even to the extent of screaming/max volume is heard almost map wide.
Since SWF comms (map-wide) can’t be controlled, we need to balance the game around that. I’ve got a solution for you here on this thread:
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/138538/the-imp-this-is-how-we-balance-swfs#latest
Just pressure the devs into adding voice proximity. Though, considering it's a survivor nerf, it probably wouldn't get far.
An issue with what that suggestion, is that yeah you can add a ingame voice system thats proximity based and all that, but if there is any downside or risk to it, no one would use it besides the solos. Groups won't just drop discord/teamspeak since they're risk free
It would however let the devs balance around it, since everyone has the option of voice
Yeah, ingame voice sounds great. Cannot imagine what can go wrong with such a wholesome Community. My heart is already melting when thinking about speaking to some of the people I experienced ingame.
lolwut
Voice proximity:
When close to a survivor, you hear them clearly and can whisper.
When far from a survivor you have to yell at the risk of exposing your location.
Nope, because SWF Team 6 will just work around it. Last couple of SWFs I didn't even join comms, but that's just me.
That'll be a buff for solo survivors. But every SWF already using unlimited Comms wouldn't stop using them if the game offered them a worse method to use instead.
Not to mention the reason we don't have voice chat in this game is because the devs (and many players who don't use SWF) have never liked the idea of voice comms in the first place. The reason SWF can do it freely is because there's no reasonable way to stop them (like everyone else in the thread is saying).
It's not meant to stop coms at all, just weaken them for squads.
Yep, it is.
Anything gonna change?
Probably not.
Weaken how? Dunno about the other platforms, but comms on Xbox are entirely separate from any game.
Well, it just can't. There's no in-game comms to begin with. All I'm saying is that it's OP.
I've been in SWF where comms weren't joined; fat chance thinking anyone else would do the same.
For some, it seems, SWF is a crutch and they can't rely on their own skill and situational awareness. When, then, they find themselves without their usual SWFs, they suddenly become a pleb survivor.
It'd be a game feature. I'm also not being Xbox specific.