Should a player blacklist exist?

There is a player on PS4 that day in and day out will hook bomb in front of killer without borrowed time and killer will without hesitation will kill the survivor being hook bombed. I have made several report tickets on this player but seeing as the issue is never resolved shouldn't we have some form of awareness to this tiresome type of gamer? I have dodged him, I have tried to see if there was a mistake the first times that it has happened, I have tried to reach out to him and killer and all I am met with is offensive remarks.

He and all that will go in and sabotage games are not penalized at all in my experience can this not be deterred by a simple community controlled blacklist?

FYI, I am not trying to inspire a blacklist and I do not recommend name shaming here on this post. I just want to know how these gamers can be stopped, if at all, when there simply is no oversight.

Comments

  • it would increase lobby time for you, maybe even globally. and it could be super abusable to rank up faster, by blocking every toxic player or pink addons killers.

    I can just already see killers using this to avoid facing swf since their lobbies are faster.

  • It's too easy to abuse and playerbase is too small for option like that.

  • @YaiPa said:

    it would increase lobby time for you, maybe even globally. and it could be super abusable to rank up faster, by blocking every toxic player or pink addons killers.

    I can just already see killers using this to avoid facing swf since their lobbies are faster.

    If there was a limit (maybe 10 to 20 people) then I could see it working fine, and the lobbies wouldn't be that much longer.

    @inferjus said:

    It's too easy to abuse and playerbase is too small for option like that.

    The playerbase really isn't that small, I think the reason why it seems that way is because of how horrendous the Queue system is atm.

    https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

  • @Awkward_Fiend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187966#Comment_1187966

    If there was a limit (maybe 10 to 20 people) then I could see it working fine, and the lobbies wouldn't be that much longer.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1188126#Comment_1188126

    The playerbase really isn't that small, I think the reason why it seems that way is because of how horrendous the Queue system is atm.

    https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

    There are 24k DbD players that play this game at the moment. It's not much.

  • Just limit it to 5 to 10 players.

  • Yes if there was a limit. I also feel that multiple people should have to put someone on the blacklist for it to be final and possibly have a dev have to review it.

  • ochido would lead that list lol.

  • I don't know. It would be really good for some reasons and really bad for others. It would be good if you wanted to put on toxic t-baggers or 5 gen face campers, but bad if you were just going to put on every player who beat you.

  • @mutante said:

    Just limit it to 5 to 10 players.

    Love this idea. Like a top ten most wanted. Whoever has been marked most leads list. This way the players on it most definitely deserve to be there.

    If ever implemented into game players can just choose ten players they never want to see again.

  • Anything that can be used to affect innocents, even if it's only one or a few who get affected, is not worth it. Sure, legitimately toxic players would get what they deserve, but the same toxic people, can abuse the proposed system to what they deem "toxicity". It's like facial recognition: it can be really good for catching bad guys, but can negatively impact innocent people. It's just not worth it.

  • @RobMeister88 said:

    Anything that can be used to affect innocents, even if it's only one or a few who get affected, is not worth it. Sure, legitimately toxic players would get what they deserve, but the same toxic people, can abuse the proposed system to what they deem "toxicity". It's like facial recognition: it can be really good for catching bad guys, but can negatively impact innocent people. It's just not worth it.

    As survivor I can say most of the blacklist will be fellow survivors. Anyone exploiting broken games mechanics against fellow survivors is a easy list make for me and alot of others.

  • Yes. There should absolutely be a way to block people and stop them from getting in your lobbies. Without question. Most major MMO's have a block feature that eliminates you having to experience someone in game. The only people who will be affected by this are toxic people, because they will run out of people to play with. I'm all for it, and have been asking BHVR to implement it for a while.

  • Yes, with a couple conditions:

    • you have a limited amount of people you can avoid, maximum five players
    • you can only block teammates, we don't want great players stuck with hour long queue times because they're too good at looping.
  • @Joelwino said:

    Yes, with a couple conditions:

    • you have a limited amount of people you can avoid, maximum five players
    • you can only block teammates, we don't want great players stuck with hour long queue times because they're too good at looping.

    I run into 5 AFK gamers a day though.

  • If everyone avoided five teammates every day, how long do you think queue times would get?

  • No

    survivors would blacklist any killer that outplayed them to get easier games

    And I as a killer would blacklist swf members, meaning they will never get matches

  • I answered a similar question in another tread today.

    I'm ok with a player block if it comes with a hard limit on how much people you can block (10-15 max). it will allow to block a few hackers, toxic people or just some particular people you don't want to play with. But it should be nowhere near enough to allow people to cherrypick their opponents.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1203342#Comment_1203342

    If everyone avoided five teammates every day, how long do you think queue times would get?

    Nowhere near how it is being exaggerated.

  • Everyone has their own kind of fun on this game and bad survivors do exist, so a DC may be worse to some people than trolling. On the other hand, If this were to be implemented, it would be more so because of the foul (toxic) language seen in the chats more than anything (imo), but freedom of speech rules all. Have you seen how some people treat baby killers???

  • Yes with a limit