Moris are more powerful than keys.

Before the three trillion killer mains that inhabit this forum start crying, I would like to say that I DO believe keys need to be reworked or removed, however this doesn't change the fact that an Ebony mori is much more likely to end a game quicker than a key. The odds of surviving long enough for hatch to spawn, finding it, and being in a situation where it's necessary to use your key instead of opening the gate are significantly lower than the odds of downing survivors twice. Like I said they both need to be changed, but one is much more powerful than the other. Let me know if you agree or disagree :)

Comments

  • @YaiPa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186423#Comment_1186423

    stop replying then, tired of talking to the a wall

    If anyone's the wall it's you

    IMG_20200320_002704.jpg


  • Starting off, yes mori's are stronger than keys. However, most killers are not getting mad at the people finding keys and getting out, they are getting annoyed with people bring keys in.

    To honest, I always bring a mori if a I see a key being brought in, even more so if I check their profiles and realize they are friends... Because that means endgame becomes a lot harder. I've had a lot of games where I should have been able to go from a 1k to at least a 3k because the survivors 3 gen'ed themselves. But in reality the other three were SWF and just wanted the solo to die so they could key hatch. Which means my already larger list of targets of 3 gens and 3 survivors now has to include keeping track of a key, who has it, and where the hatch is.

    So basically, Yes I agree that a mori is stronger than a key, but if you bring a key into a lobby, you can't get upset with a mori. You are basically breaking the game, so am I.

  • @Nameless said:

    Why does it matter in the first place which one of the 2 is more broken? They're both items/offerings that can shift the end result of the game drastically and the other side can do very little about it leaving them with frustration. Yes Mories can theoretically be used straight away, while keys are more of an endgame kinda thing. Then again, keys completely bypass the 3 gen strategy etc... You can only get Mories in the bloodweb, while keys can be found in chests and add ons can make it so you don't lose that key on death or escape. Using a Mori punishes the killer while keys reward the survivors and on and on it goes...

    My point is that there are positives to both and you can keep discussing which positive is better than the other and which one is stronger but in the end it shouldn't matter. Both should go.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185891#Comment_1185891

    You do realize that "not letting survivors complete gens" is as much of an argument as "just don't let the killer down you when he wants to mori you". It's a bad argument... Especially when stopping gens from getting done actually doesn't do anything. The hatch spawns every single game and the game doesn't care whether you deleted those survivors from existence and 5 genned them or they got every gen done. As long as the hatch spawns, a key can be used.

    No I am not telling these things from nothing. The game mechanichs help killers to catch survivors. I also play as killer at red ranks. I do pressure by tunneling(I down immediatelly and let them on the ground so that other survivors will not be working on the gens at least not all of them)-slugging and not chaasing a stronger survivor a lot. So by this way I do not let them do gens. I do not camp, I just go check the gens. I am also rank-1 survivor and believe me when the killer wants to tunnel you, you do not have so many choice. Soon or late you will be dead. There pallets will be consumed, bloodlust will be activated, the windows will be blocked. It is easy to tunnel and get the second down immediately after you hook survivors. I also take into account BT's so I am not suffered DS and BT as killer. And keys are all about teammates. If teammates are not usefull believe me because of not enough gens are completed, your key is nothing but a trash :D But I do believe that I used my moris when I played as killer. But when I took a key, I did not escape through the hatch as much as I used my mori when I was killer. I am not saying keys are weak. But I am telling moris are a bit stronger than keys

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1185891#Comment_1185891

    Which doesn't matter when you look at the raw facts that a key let's any number of people leave immediately with no counter.

    Where as a mori at least requires you to hook, and re find the same person, as well as waste a potential offering instead of an addon.

    They're both a little op, but keys are definitely worse than moris. One does essentially the same thing as tunneling, where the other let's X number of survivors bypass the gate at any given point after 0-5 gens are done. Even if the killer is doing well, 0 gens done, 3 are dead and they FOUND AND CLOSED the hatch, a key makes that meaningless.

    Oh and I'm not one of the "trillion killer mains" (which is a ridiculous exaggeration btw), I play both, and more survivor than killer.

    Where as a mori at least "requires you to hook, and re find the same person". Bro I am serious it is not hard. I do not know how you play killer but I rely on myself and I can tell you that I find survivors after I hook them and down the same one. You get a notification after someone is unhooked, stratchmarks and bloods. Btw I am playing at red rank as killer. It is not hard to tunnel and get the second down.

1 2 ›