I HAVE NOED

Just wanted to start another conversation about NOED. I like what NOED does and all, but it just feels like it’s just a tiny bit off for me. As it is, it punishes Survivors that do not do totems. Sweet.

Because survivors do not typically have a strong reason to do the bones, most times they ignore them and do gens. So when a killer pops NOED at the end of the game, survivors know they need to find the Hex Totem and cleanse it before they can really function as a team again. This is how I typically see NOED games played out.

Now, hear me out. I don’t necessarily want to change NOED. I like it’s purpose and how it currently functions. I just think it’s flexible enough to add a small optional function that the killer should have access to. Like a checkbox option when you choose NOED.

I want the Survivors to be notified, at the beginning of the game, that I am a killer who chose to run NOED. How the survivors chooses to play with that knowledge is up to them. The Hex symbol would stay up till all bones were destroyed then it goes away, this way even solo survivors know that collectively they took care of NOED.

I like the surprise capability of NOED and feel some killers would benefit from it and have fun with it, as is. However, I also would like a perk to really push the second objective of bones and I feel NOED doesn’t accomplish this because most survivors will just gamble that you don’t have it, and if you do, they will just handle the situation when the time comes. If, however, you told them you had it at the beginning of the game, they may op to use more time doing bones instead of popping gens, which is all I want from NOED.

I don’t see how this could be considered a bad change to survivors or a bad change (if optional) to killers. This could also pave the way for maybe having more survivor/killer perks that have an option button that doesn’t fundamentally change what the perk does but maybe changes how the perk feels.

Like if instead of having Empathy show you the Aura of every injured survivor, you could click the option to make your aura glow to any other injured survivor instead. So, giving up information, in exchange for becoming a beacon for others to find (some people who constantly find themselves jumping off a gen, to go heal only to find the person nearly done self healing or found a different survivor to heal them and ended up wasting times doing nothing, may want this second option). The Perk still helps the injured find the healer, same perk, just a new option in how it feels.

er...anyway discuss the NOED thing, that other bit about perks with options was just a side thing that popped into my head. Mostly I wanna know how the community would feel about a NOED that warns you ahead of time and how the survivor mains feel they would react to it and if any killer mains would even use it.

Comments

  • i think the mechanic of having perks change slightly depending on what you choose it to do for that match is interesting, but dont think itll ever be implemented to time constraints. and the one about NOED doesnt seem all that logical to me as it essentially takes all threat out of the end game, even if it does buy you an extra minute or so in the match itself i dont feel its worth it.

    the empathy one is interesting though. though it'd probably just become another perk instead of a function on an already existing one

  • Usually I do 2-3 totems a game, so if my team fail to take care of the others then I'm more than fine with us all dying to Noed.

  • all that needs to be added it a totem counter

    SWF knows how many they have done, yet Solos still get shafted

  • Is it weird that as a survivor main I would still rather NOED be a surprise. LOL

  • I think having a notification for whether or not the killer is doing NOED would defeat the purpose. Because the fact is, most people even solos can do all 5 totems if they are aware the perk in in play. There are a few perks the show where totems are and it should be the survivors responsibility to check for totems, not just the one good solo but all 4 solos, or the one solo with an SWF. Could you imagine if the killer got notifications if people where using DS or BT so they knew who to slug or not? Part of the skill of the game is being prepared for it even if the perk isnt there

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    all that needs to be added it a totem counter

    SWF knows how many they have done, yet Solos still get shafted

    I would be fine with a counter as long as NoeD becomes basekit, then it really becomes that extra objective we all wanted in the game and slightly cut back the meta because survivors will run Small Game or Detectives Hunch or perhaps bring a rainbow map

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    all that needs to be added it a totem counter

    SWF knows how many they have done, yet Solos still get shafted

    it should be added to a perk such as small game, like the killer equivalent in TOTH

  • As a semi survivor main I ALWAYS cleanse the totems around me that I find and I see plenty other of my teamates attempt the same. Yeah it sucks if we pop Haunted Ground or Retribution but it's alot safer than NOED. Yeah it can be a ######### to find the NOED totem sometimes but others it's like 5 feet away from the exit gate (happened to me on Sanctum with DSlinger. But they all rushed to cleanse it and I got 3K lol)

    As a killer I only run it if I use a killer that doesn't work good with my obsession perks. I don't think it should be nerfed or buffed. Should be left as is.