Why even ask?

I'll preface this by saying I hate farming. I find it boring and will rarely do it.

I get a text on ps4 last night . Killer asking if they can mori us all. Said they never did it before and needed to get it done.

In a moment of weakness I feel bad and say ok. Tell him let us do gennys get 2 hooks each and win some chases and you can kill us at the end.

He get us all together, starts the hooking early and moris us all right away. Just messages "bye".

Ok, fair enough, shouldn't have fallen for it. But other then leaving first guy to hang we didn't have much choice but to go in for the saves and hope he was going to be true to his word.

So do other killers do this? Do you think it is honorable?

I know for me this guy has ruined me ever helping a killer out again. I won't be toxic, not my style. I will still send gg regardless of how killer decided to play.

But , no you will never get my help in achieving goals or giving you a death if we kicked your butt.

Comments

  • Until now, every Killer I met who wanted to farm, was actually farming. Also Killers who wanted to do their Archive Missions were absolutely fair. Like, if a Trapper needed some trapped Survivors for their Archive Challenge (or a Daily, or just for points), I step in those Traps at the Exit Gate, no problem.

    I dont like if people want to get help with their Archive Missions right at the start (like Survivors who change their name to "Pallet Stuns for Archives" or something like that), but when the game is basically over, I have no problems with helping.

    That being said, only until someone is not nice and takes advantage of that. Then I will not care. So I share your point, if someone asks for help but is a dick afterwards, totally understandable to not help again. Sadly this will also affect the nice players, but yeah...

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Until now, every Killer I met who wanted to farm, was actually farming. Also Killers who wanted to do their Archive Missions were absolutely fair. Like, if a Trapper needed some trapped Survivors for their Archive Challenge (or a Daily, or just for points), I step in those Traps at the Exit Gate, no problem.

    I dont like if people want to get help with their Archive Missions right at the start (like Survivors who change their name to "Pallet Stuns for Archives" or something like that), but when the game is basically over, I have no problems with helping.

    That being said, only until someone is not nice and takes advantage of that. Then I will not care. So I share your point, if someone asks for help but is a dick afterwards, totally understandable to not help again. Sadly this will also affect the nice players, but yeah...

    I know, it sucks for those in the future. Guess I just needed to rant. I wanted know if this happens to others and what killers thought of these tactics.

    Or survivors who may have done similar things to a killer.

  • I try not to let the very few bad eggs ruin my in game philosophy. I still like to make sure that killers wring as many points out of a farming situation other than just the hooking.

    I get where you are coming from however. Technically there is nothing against the rules in it, but that doesn't make it feel all that great, and i totally understand not wanting to do it again.

    I have my messages turned off to anyone but friends, due to peoples inability to play nice, so farming situations for me usually happen by accident, the killer makes it obvious or three team mates dc'd and I feel bad for the killer.

    I've only ever had what you described, once in the entire 2ish years I have been playing, so maybe stick to the obvious farming situations rather than trusting a message. People can be d***s, but don't let that stop you from having the occasional fun. Farming games can be real funny sometimes, and decent behaviour in general is always great.

  • @SoylentPixie said:

    I try not to let the very few bad eggs ruin my in game philosophy. I still like to make sure that killers wring as many points out of a farming situation other than just the hooking.

    I get where you are coming from however. Technically there is nothing against the rules in it, but that doesn't make it feel all that great, and i totally understand not wanting to do it again.

    I have my messages turned off to anyone but friends, due to peoples inability to play nice, so farming situations for me usually happen by accident, the killer makes it obvious or three team mates dc'd and I feel bad for the killer.

    I've only ever had what you described, once in the entire 2ish years I have been playing, so maybe stick to the obvious farming situations rather than trusting a message. People can be d***s, but don't let that stop you from having the occasional fun. Farming games can be real funny sometimes, and decent behaviour in general is always great.

    Thanks, that is a good point!

  • My response is "I don't farm, sorry".

    I want to play the game, not kill 15 minutes so that you can get some meaningless challenges done.

    The closest I'll get is if survivors disconnect and I'm the killer, in which case I'll just message them to do their gens and leave so we can go on our merry way (and unlike your killer, I'll honor that). But I'd never go into a game with the sole purpose of making strangers not play so I can get some silly challenge done.

  • @tippy2k2 said:

    My response is "I don't farm, sorry".

    I want to play the game, not kill 15 minutes so that you can get some meaningless challenges done.

    The closest I'll get is if survivors disconnect and I'm the killer, in which case I'll just message them to do their gens and leave so we can go on our merry way (and unlike your killer, I'll honor that). But I'd never go into a game with the sole purpose of making strangers not play so I can get some silly challenge done.

    That is me 99.9% of the time. Farming bores me, I just felt something in that moment for his plight.

    But, no thanks, will be my response from now on.

  • I'm guessing it was on console since on steam it's impossible to just message right away.

    Let that be a lesson. Never trust random person on the other side offering you a deal.

  • @BigBubs said:

    I'm guessing it was on console since on steam it's impossible to just message right away.

    Let that be a lesson. Never trust random person on the other side offering you a deal.

    Haha. True that. It was ps4.

  • Any killer using a mori isn't farming. Just an unspoken rule.