Let’s talk about a certain cosmic tropical fruit

His latest video, which I dare not post because those posts always seem to disappear for some strange reason, really made sense.

By now I haven’t played in about a month because other things had my interest. But one point made really peaked my curiosity so I ask the community this.

Next time you play count how many games you were frustrated, annoyed, or generally got pissed off, then count how many games you had fun, had a good time, or generally didn’t get angry at the game to the point of not enjoying your experience.

One you have that ratio I think you guys can make your own decision on how you want to spend your time.

Comments

  • Personally the only time I'll ever get mildly frustrated is when I make a mistake myself, which I try to learn off rather then getting salty over it.

    Additionally rather than getting angry because I can't kill one or two good survivors, I keep on telling myself "Damn these are good they deserve to escape."

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    The thing about coconut, is his points are extremely killer biased, he complains and crys about the same issues, and doesn't even play enough to be along the same skill levels of those higher rank play. I don't know why they take him so seriously. The only time I really get mad at dbd is when I know I played my best, yet poor matchmaking/unfair glitches made me lose beyond my control. Even if I 1k, if I know I was outskilled, GG WP. You beat me. It happens. Move onto the next match, lets see if I do better.

    Since I'm the star of the show in this thread let's clear some things up.

    I'm killer biased, but I still recognize the struggles survivors face. The ability to do this is called empathy.

    I talk about the same issues because they remain issues for many players. They remain issues because there's seemingly nothing being done about many of the big issues.

    My skill level has nothing to do with the issues in the game.

    People (like yourself) take me seriously because the issues I talk about resonate with them in one way or the other. Some people agree, some (like yourself) do not after all, you wouldn't have such strong opinions about me if you didn't take me seriously.

    Just because you don't have an issue with something, doesn't mean the issue doesn't exist. I'm currently unaffected by corona because of how and where I live, but that doesn't mean it's not an issue.

    The end.

    Plz subscribe for more content like this :P

  • @Zagrid said:

    His latest video, which I dare not post because those posts always seem to disappear for some strange reason, really made sense.

    By now I haven’t played in about a month because other things had my interest. But one point made really peaked my curiosity so I ask the community this.

    Next time you play count how many games you were frustrated, annoyed, or generally got pissed off, then count how many games you had fun, had a good time, or generally didn’t get angry at the game to the point of not enjoying your experience.

    One you have that ratio I think you guys can make your own decision on how you want to spend your time.

    I said it before: For every 1000 hours you played this game, you could have:

    -played 100 ten hour long games (let's say like Shovel Knight or Ori the Blind Forest)

    -watched around 600 movies

    -read around 120 books (average read speed for 300-400 pages)

    If you're not enjoying it, you should leave it.

    @SpaceCoconut I enjoyed your content, but if you have to take a break or definitely leave, just do it, you'll probably doing yourself a favor if you're not enjoying it anymore.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166382#Comment_1166382

    Since I'm the star of the show in this thread let's clear some things up.

    I'm killer biased, but I still recognize the struggles survivors face. The ability to do this is called empathy.

    I talk about the same issues because they remain issues for many players. They remain issues because there's seemingly nothing being done about many of the big issues.

    My skill level has nothing to do with the issues in the game.

    People (like yourself) take me seriously because the issues I talk about resonate with them in one way or the other. Some people agree, some (like yourself) do not after all, you wouldn't have such strong opinions about me if you didn't take me seriously.

    Just because you don't have an issue with something, doesn't mean the issue doesn't exist. I'm currently unaffected by corona because of how and where I live, but that doesn't mean it's not an issue.

    The end.

    Plz subscribe for more content like this :P

    Sup Coconut

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    The thing about coconut, is his points are extremely killer biased, he complains and crys about the same issues, and doesn't even play enough to be along the same skill levels of those higher rank play. I don't know why they take him so seriously. The only time I really get mad at dbd is when I know I played my best, yet poor matchmaking/unfair glitches made me lose beyond my control. Even if I 1k, if I know I was outskilled, GG WP. You beat me. It happens. Move onto the next match, lets see if I do better.

    In this game state, if I get one kill, Im happy

  • In the last month, I only got frustrated to the point of wanting to break my controller in half 1 time, and that was because I got bullshitted by a key yesterday and 3 men escaped despite there being one gen left and all of them being injured and on death hook.

    Oh, and yeah, if you wanna leave the game, just do it, nothing is stopping you besides your crippling addiction to this game, in which case you should seek help.