I thought we were over this?

Yesterday, I decided to play some Spirit. I played 6 games, and 4 of those had a 4-dc in them. Why do people still dc against Spirit? I thought survivors were past this, or atleast would do it less due to the penalty :/

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Probably because they didn't really fix the biggest problem people had with her -- her power is a guessing game from the survivor's side with no real interaction.

    In all honesty she is easily dukable. Stop running but walk in a certain direction and it now becomes a guessing game for the killer (assuming you're not injured).

  • People don't like not winning.

  • @Desh said:

    People don't like not winning.

    "Can't loop this killer for 5 gens? What do you mean I have to drop a meta perk for iron will? DC immediately if I can't win"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166352#Comment_1166352

    I mean, you just highlighted biggest problem.

    Besides, even when not injured, sometimes walking isn't an option. Sometimes even the survivor themselves breathing is loud enough, if not the footsteps themselves.

    The only reason she's not as big of a problem as she is right now is because this game is spaghetti coded and sounds are bugged for the upteenth time.

    And even beside all of that, there's still the problem that there's very little to no interaction at all with her from the survivor's side.

    Sounds are definitely bugged all right, but in the survivor's favor. Hell, there was an actual point where sounds were finally loud enough to where killers could hear survivors next to them and the devs patched it in a week or 2 cause god forbid things work as originally intended.

    But you don't even need to walk. It's obvious when the spirit is phasing right now, and unless she decided to start phasing while right next to you instead of swinging for some weird reason, you can easily just do a 180 and start running the way you came with ease. She won't be able to realize where the scratch marks have stopped until it's too late. Half the time, you'll gain more distance. And in the half the times where you lose distance, you already know what the closest loops to you are cause you were just at them.

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166360#Comment_1166360

    "Can't loop this killer for 5 gens? What do you mean I have to drop a meta perk for iron will? DC immediately if I can't win"

    I run iron will a lot of the time when not using my head on meme build- in fact recent I’ve taken to using it in my head on build. Issue is every spirit, without fail, uses stridor. It’s rediculously sad how many I face that use the perk which literally eliminates any form of counterplay whilst injured. If I hear you have stridor I’m not gonna dc, but I sure as hell won’t last long on that hook. I’d rather play a game where both sides have some fun chases, thanks.

    pc, eu, rank 7 currently.

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166360#Comment_1166360

    "Can't loop this killer for 5 gens? What do you mean I have to drop a meta perk for iron will? DC immediately if I can't win"

    I run iron will a lot of the time when not using my head on meme build- in fact recently I’ve taken to using it in my head on build. Issue is every spirit, without fail, uses stridor. It’s rediculously sad how many I face that use the perk which literally eliminates any form of counterplay whilst injured. If I hear you have stridor I’m not gonna dc, but I sure as hell won’t last long on that hook. I’d rather play a game where both sides have some fun chases, thanks.

    pc, eu, rank 7 currently.

    [if this appears several times internet issues happened whilst posting]

  • I just went against a Deathslinger and first 20 seconds of the match I get onto the middle gen on the balcony of Mother's Dwelling (with the grass growing around it) and I see this Nea get M1-harpoon-M1 combo'd and then she just disconnects. Just a couple days ago I had a game where this Jane just disconnected really early, first time getting downed too. I think it also might have been against Deathslinger, around the time he first came out.

    I don't understand what's wrong with people but honestly at this point I'm starting to think the DC penalties aren't harsh enough despite what I see some people saying.

  • I hardly play Sprit, but all that I know is that it is an EZ game if none of the survivors are using Iron Will.

  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    I hardly play Sprit, but all that I know is that it is an EZ game if none of the survivors are using Iron Will.

    Not really but ok. I've stopped playing this game anyways. Survivors are either try hard gen rushers or potatoes and neither is fun. That goes for both sides

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166374#Comment_1166374

    They're bugged in two ways. Not only are survivors ridiculously difficult to hear when she should be easy to hear, but you can hear the Spirit phasing as a survivor even when in her terror radius (sometimes, anyway).

    I hate Spirit a lot. I hate her with an utter passion. She actively destroys any entertainment I get out of survivor. I find her to be the most boring thing play against and I struggle to even try to play against her properly even though I know "how" because I just can't be bothered and there's many times where I don't bother struggling on the hook because I seriously can't be assed.

    ...But as much as I hate her, they really need to fix that whole phasing sound bug and sounds not working in general pronto. Because as much as I hate Spirit -- and I hate her a lot, I hate a buggy, broken game more. And yeah, they make Spirit easier to win against, but they still don't make her fun to play and bugs shouldn't be used to balance a killer.

    Hear that BHVR? Fix Nurse already. Thx.

    I just hope other spirit players now see why people find her boring -- and will finally quit criticizing me for not knowing how to counter play her "properly" because I'm not looking at grass that moves except-she-doesn't-actually-move-grass-so-#########-is-this-advice, or watch out for her hair which may spaz out for one single frame (and also this got fixed), or look at crows which doesn't help me because crows are nearly non existant and fly away from anything that moves within 10 meters of them LIKE THE SURVIVOR BEING CHASED, or to look at her crystals changing which only works on her default skins and their recolors and you have to literally have you face shoved inside her ass to even see them -- as "viable" counter play options against her.

    I'm not entirely sure what you were trying to say, but it came across as this: Spirit is easy to counter, but you can't counter her, and therefore you hate her.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166352#Comment_1166352

    I mean, you just highlighted biggest problem.

    Besides, even when not injured, sometimes walking isn't an option. Sometimes even the survivor themselves breathing is loud enough, if not the footsteps themselves.

    The only reason she's not as big of a problem as she is right now is because this game is spaghetti coded and sounds are bugged for the upteenth time.

    And even beside all of that, there's still the problem that there's very little to no interaction at all with her from the survivor's side.

    Honestly if you're walking through an ethereal plane, you shouldn't be able to see blood or hear voices accurately. You're basically walking through another dimension. The concept is okay but it leaves survivors with no option.


    What would be interesting would be a lag/stutter motion feature instead of completely disappearing. On the killer side, the effect is exactly the same, but on the survivor end, her character model stutters in and out of phase, like in those scary movies where the framerate is just a tad too low, adding this really creepy almost stop-motion effect to it. And the appeared model will be about a second behind, so survivors can see where she was but not where she is. This would effectively give some sort of counter to the gimmick as survivors can learn where they might be going(and the killer could mind-game them while in phase and keep them in close proximity), but right now it's just this "oh boy she's invisible and my scratch marks disappeared, she's just gotta pick a direc--oh look she followed my blood trail, yay I'm dead!"

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166358#Comment_1166358

    Honestly if you're walking through an ethereal plane, you shouldn't be able to see blood or hear voices accurately. You're basically walking through another dimension. The concept is okay but it leaves survivors with no option.

    What would be interesting would be a lag/stutter motion feature instead of completely disappearing. On the killer side, the effect is exactly the same, but on the survivor end, her character model stutters in and out of phase, like in those scary movies where the framerate is just a tad too low, adding this really creepy almost stop-motion effect to it. And the appeared model will be about a second behind, so survivors can see where she was but not where she is. This would effectively give some sort of counter to the gimmick as survivors can learn where they might be going(and the killer could mind-game them while in phase and keep them in close proximity), but right now it's just this "oh boy she's invisible and my scratch marks disappeared, she's just gotta pick a direc--oh look she followed my blood trail, yay I'm dead!"

    If this were to happen, we would need some fairly crazy buffs to counter. Spirit is 110 percent speed killer when she isn't phasing. If you remove her 1 on 1 she'll be as weak as the clown.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166358#Comment_1166358

    Honestly if you're walking through an ethereal plane, you shouldn't be able to see blood or hear voices accurately. You're basically walking through another dimension. The concept is okay but it leaves survivors with no option.

    What would be interesting would be a lag/stutter motion feature instead of completely disappearing. On the killer side, the effect is exactly the same, but on the survivor end, her character model stutters in and out of phase, like in those scary movies where the framerate is just a tad too low, adding this really creepy almost stop-motion effect to it. And the appeared model will be about a second behind, so survivors can see where she was but not where she is. This would effectively give some sort of counter to the gimmick as survivors can learn where they might be going(and the killer could mind-game them while in phase and keep them in close proximity), but right now it's just this "oh boy she's invisible and my scratch marks disappeared, she's just gotta pick a direc--oh look she followed my blood trail, yay I'm dead!"

    Dude that will make her power actually terrible. She'd have to be buffed greatly to compensate

  • @AkiTheKitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166543#Comment_1166543

    Dude that will make her power actually terrible. She'd have to be buffed greatly to compensate

    Offer an addition that would make her powerful then. I gave an idea, bounce off of it or offer something else.

  • It was obvious that the penalties wouldn't fix anything. You can't force people to play if they don't want to.

    As for why they disconnect, probably because someone hates playing against spirit (no surprise there) so they disconnect and the others just do the same because there is no point in playing a 3v1 match, especially against spirit. I would also do the same sometimes (before the penalties ofc) if someone disconnected right at the beginning.

  • Personally I find Spirit boring to play against as I dislike guessing games. I never dc tho as that's a ######### thing to do. If it's a killer I hate then I'll just deal with it.

    I agree DC penalties should be more harsh as I see too much of it these days. dc on first hit, dc on first hook, dc on last hook before death... it's just ridiculous.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166681#Comment_1166681

    Offer an addition that would make her powerful then. I gave an idea, bounce off of it or offer something else.

    Uh no, your idea is bad. Her power is the only good thing about her. She's a slow killer, just force her out of her power

  • @Owlzey said:

    Personally I find Spirit boring to play against as I dislike guessing games. I never dc tho as that's a ######### thing to do. If it's a killer I hate then I'll just deal with it.

    I agree DC penalties should be more harsh as I see too much of it these days. dc on first hit, dc on first hook, dc on last hook before death... it's just ridiculous.

    I disagree with harsher penalties. I suggested a different system. You get an exp, bloodpoint and matchmaking penalty after a dc. Matchmaking ones go away after a set time, the bp and exp only go away after 5 games per dc. If you dc 2 times, you have to play 10 full games, if 3 then 15 and so on. Matchmaking penalties reset after you undo the bp and exp penalty by playing as in: first dc is 5 min, second is 10, and they keeps increasing until the bp and exp penalty is gone

    Force them to play to get rid of that dc penalty

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Probably because they didn't really fix the biggest problem people had with her -- her power is a guessing game from the survivor's side with no real interaction.

    which is no reason to DC, but okay...


    also to "fix that part of her power" you'd literally have to completely rework her, which will probaply never happen.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1166320#Comment_1166320

    which is no reason to DC, but okay...

    also to "fix that part of her power" you'd literally have to completely rework her, which will probaply never happen.

    But her power is fine, she's balanced like Billy and Oni