Why do Surge, blood echo, etc have cool downs?

I mean they’re already borderline perks, why do they need cooldowns? I mean they require the killer to do something.

If I recall, a big reason Ruin was changed was because “it gives the effect without the killer having to do anything.” Yet any perk that requires the killer to down or hook survivors have a cool down? If a killer is hooking people more than once a minute that means he is doing something so he should be rewarded.

Comments

  • Even zanshin tactics has a cooldown

  • They did a focus group and found that not having cooldowns wasn't very fun for survivors

  • I as actually considering this last night when looking over Blood Echo. Makes me think it's to keep the perks from spamming when you run into a really potato team? But then, if they're falling that fast, that's on them. 'New and inexperienced player frustration,' I suppose.

  • Yeah, some cooldowns should be removed, as in Surge perk. No explanation from devs why they have.

  • They are afraid of being accused of forcing players to buy dlcs for meta perks. That's my guess at least. I enjoy "Hex: Retribution on Hag with M&A tho. .)

  • @NursesBootie said:

    They are afraid of being accused of forcing players to buy dlcs for meta perks. That's my guess at least. I enjoy "Hex: Retribution on Hag with M&A tho. .)

    Only you don’t have to buy this DLC with actual money.

    And yeah the cooldown on those perks really wasn’t necessary imo. Surge wouldn’t be that much stronger and the conditions for Blood Echo already make it a bit of a niche perk.