Feeling trapped in a match as killer

Sometimes you get those matches where 3 gens go before your first down and you just want to leave but you can’t. With survivor you can suicide on hook but with killer there’s no escape, your trapped in a match you don’t want to be in. The only thing you could do is afk in the corner of the map or just go through with it, either way when I play killer and I’m not having a good time I feel trapped and it sucks

Comments

  • These threads come up quite a bit and it is true, as survivor you can just dip out as killer you have to stay and suffer through it.

    They could make something where if 3 gens are done the killer can open the door or something...but they wont.

    and while you may not care, know that really everything you do will give you points, go kick pallets, follow survivors, kick gens, everything you do gives bloodpoints, nothing takes them away so really all you do is possitive for you. So even if all is lost, you can just do whatever you can and farm up some points


    EDIT: people here talk about scenarios where the remaining survivors are holding the game hostage. First of all this is a bannable offense (though the needed video-footage is a big hurdle to get over), Secondly I dont think this is a scenario where you want to call upon something for the killer to end the match, its not the killers fault this is happening.

    In that scenario we need a timer, simple, if a survivor is not doing anything to progress the game for X amount of minutes, they will simply get a crow.

  • I was speaking about this last night, so it's a strange coincidence that you posted it.

    I had a match with Mr. YeeHaw on Yamaoka Estate and the survivors had 3-genned themselves and it was 2 Blendette's who were left. I am not exaggerating when I say that about 10/15 minutes passed before I found one of them. Neither of them touched a single gen in that entire time and unless you're playing as Doctor, how am I supposed to see them hiding inside of bushes? I only found one of the Blendette's because she moved a tiny bit when I was nearby and I heard the grass move, but this was only because I was playing through a headset that I heard her, otherwise, God knows how much longer the match would have gone on for.

    Obviously, the last Blendette got the hatch. Although legend has it that she's still sat in a bush somewhere.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    I was speaking about this last night, so it's a strange coincidence that you posted it.

    I had a match with Mr. YeeHaw on Yamaoka Estate and the survivors had 3-genned themselves and it was 2 Blendette's who were left. I am not exaggerating when I say that about 10/15 minutes passed before I found one of them. Neither of them touched a single gen in that entire time and unless you're playing as Doctor, how am I supposed to see them hiding inside of bushes? I only found one of the Blendette's because she moved a tiny bit when I was nearby and I heard the grass move, but this was only because I was playing through a headset that I heard her, otherwise, God knows how much longer the match would have gone on for.

    Obviously, the last Blendette got the hatch. Although legend has it that she's still sat in a bush somewhere.

    Mate I had two urban evasion/spine chill gamers left on haddonfield the other day who'd 3 genned themselves and managed to stay out of sight and away from the gens for like 20 minutes. Turned out one had a key and they were looking for the hatch but as it was near a gen it took them a while. Fun & interactive!

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1161382#Comment_1161382

    Mate I had two urban evasion/spine chill gamers left on haddonfield the other day who'd 3 genned themselves and managed to stay out of sight and away from the gens for like 20 minutes. Turned out one had a key and they were looking for the hatch but as it was near a gen it took them a while. Fun & interactive!

    That sounds like such a fun game. /sarcasm

    During games like that, I wish I could just fix generators for them. I'd rather them just leave and I lose a pip than aimlessly wander around a map whilst the survivors just hide. It's stupid that there's not a solution for this.

  • I 3 genned two survivors on the game and they found a key and sat near the hatch for 20 minutes...

  • Its similar going against a slugging killer. It sux. Just keep getting smacked down and left to bleed out.

    Some people just want to give others a bad time

  • @Clevite said:

    Its similar going against a slugging killer. It sux. Just keep getting smacked down and left to bleed out.

    Some people just want to give others a bad time

    It’s not the same thing. You’ll eventually bleed out from being slugged. So there IS a way out of the match.

  • When i get those games, i usually pretend to go afk near a door and when a survivor comes to open it, i hit it with noed if i have it or just chainsaw him. Atleast i get one kill, maybe 2 if the survivors are altruistic. It's fun :)

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1161457#Comment_1161457

    It’s not the same thing. You’ll eventually bleed out from being slugged. So there IS a way out of the match.

    It's still a waste of time. There should be a way for both to concede the match. I've had those matches where 2 claudettes are playing hide and seek as well. They are a horrible waste of time.

    Conceding to the killer should give sacrifice points and only work while slugged for 50% of your bleed out timer. Conceding to the survivor should give escape points and only when 1 gen is left.

    Problem solved.

    "But what about slugging as a strategy?!" Frankly, I'm tired of toxic strategies being the norm on both sides. I don't care. This is a game and it is meant to be fun. 90% of matches suck anymore due to the bs in the game. Frankly tired of 4 man SWF every match and hiding Blendettes. Tired of being either slugged, camped, tunneled or farmed as survivor as well.

  • If the Survivors don't interact with anything for a period of time, the Killer should get a hint to their location.

    Removes hatch-standoff 2.0 (both Survivors waiting for 1 Survivor to die so the other can take the hatch).

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1161457#Comment_1161457

    It’s not the same thing. You’ll eventually bleed out from being slugged. So there IS a way out of the match.

    There is a way out as killer too. Find em and kill them. Work on tracking, get to a high point, use your power, such as demo dog finding people near there traps.

    Both methods sux and are poor sportsmanship. That's my point.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1161475#Comment_1161475

    It's still a waste of time. There should be a way for both to concede the match. I've had those matches where 2 claudettes are playing hide and seek as well. They are a horrible waste of time.

    Conceding to the killer should give sacrifice points and only work while slugged for 50% of your bleed out timer. Conceding to the survivor should give escape points and only when 1 gen is left.

    Problem solved.

    "But what about slugging as a strategy?!" Frankly, I'm tired of toxic strategies being the norm on both sides. I don't care. This is a game and it is meant to be fun. 90% of matches suck anymore due to the bs in the game. Frankly tired of 4 man SWF every match and hiding Blendettes. Tired of being either slugged, camped, tunneled or farmed as survivor as well.

    This right here! Well said! We all need to remember we are playing other humans at the end of the day and occasionally accept a loss. And not hate the other guy for winning.