Unwilling to take a protection hit
Ever been so close to escaping and had two healthy survivors willingly not try to protect you while you're injured? I sure have. These two "red rank" survivors stood near the open gate as I was being chased and didn't try to help. Like, #########?
Then after I'm on the ground, they want to try and body block and heal me. Nope. Get the [BAD WORD] off of me and leave.
I would post the video of it but it sickens me just to think about it. No one should ever go through that.
Comments
I feel you. Recently I was in a similar situation where I ran the killer long enough for my team to recover from a 1 hooked, 1 slugged and 1 injured situation and do the last two gens. As soon as they finished, they opened one gate to start the endgame.
At that point I was running out of resources and the gate they opened was on the far side of the map, so I'm thinking surely they'll at least exit, so I have a chance to get hatch. Nope.
The killer finally caught me a couple of meters from the gate while 2 of my teammates (1 had left) were standing at the edge of the exit zone teabagging. Unsurprisingly, the killer picked me up, they both took a protection hit and left.
This was my second hook, there was no Noed (I got smacked after the last gen was done) and they were both healthy.
I wasn't upset for the fact that had one of them ran behind me when they saw me coming, we would have both gotten out. Or the fact that they didn't try to save me off the hook instead of taking meaningless protection hits after I'd already been picked up. What got to me was the fact that they stood behind just to bm the killer as if they actually did anything that match.
@Accullla Right, I forgot to mention the there was no NOED in that match.
Ironically enough on the very next match, me and another healthy survivor helped the 3rd injured survivor escape through the door while they were being chased.
It's about having common sense and helping each other out if you can.
I have very low expectations of other survivors in this game. Frankly, I think they are often more dangerous than the killer. If a survivor unhooks you without borrowed time right in front of the killer and the killer knocks you down and hooks you again who is at fault there? I don't blame the killer in that situation. It's the survivor that I'm yelling at. It's like if your neighbor has a dog that has bitten 3 people. Do you blame the dog or the owner?
I've had this happen so many times before. Instead of taking a hit on our way out the door, they want to take hits while I'm wiggling in the killer's arms on the way to the hook, then they're injured and can't save me so they leave and I die unnecessarily.
Survivor is a brain dead job.
Yeah, that's the problem of playing solo queue. You generally are teamed with Survivors who don't know better. The matchmaking doesn't help, but there are people who don't play that well at all ranks, ranks are subjective and represent how often you play the game most of the time.
Had something similar happen to me but instead I was the one not body blocking.
The killer had rancor and I was the obsession but I still got flamed. Apparently I should just git good and learn how to body block even though I’m exposed and I can be mori’d.
I had this one match against a Hag. Gates were open, everyone was still alive, Jake was on a hook and everyone else was healthy. Me and another survivor go off to rescue Jake while Claudette stays behind at the exit gate. We rescue him, we each take protection hits for him, Claudette stands at the gate watching us... and then she runs out once we get close. Jake goes down and gets mori'd.
Why even stick around like that if you're not going to help? What the hell? That one annoyed the crap outta me.
I’ve been getting annoyed this week at how so many people are just flat out refusing to heal me when I’m wounded. Not everybody, but there has been an uptick. Take me off the hook and then just run away and not stop as I continue to follow them. Or I come across another guy and they can’t be bothered. They’re on a “mission”. Like, #########???