Why don't Devs make perks with permanent downsides?

Something like No Mither, where the perk gives you some permanent downside for some really good upside. (Not a case with No Mither tho...)

Maybe a perk that will make you permanently run 5% slower but gives you super fast vaults or something like that.

Just something better and fun that isn't Off The Record...

Comments

  • They do. Hex Perks. And the downside is that it doesn't exist after 14 seconds of 1 of 4 survivors being on it.


    Yeah...

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:

    They do. Hex Perks. And the downside is that it doesn't exist after 14 seconds of 1 of 4 survivors being on it.

    Yeah...

    Totems should have a counter so I know when I can safely butt dance in front of the exit gate and BM with impunity.

  • Yeah u guys ruined ruin....

  • @Dwight_Confusion said:

    They do. Hex Perks. And the downside is that it doesn't exist after 14 seconds of 1 of 4 survivors being on it.

    Yeah...

    Yea, like every Hex Perk other than NOED, Devour Hope and Haunted Grounds is garbage.

  • Hex Perks should be slightly buffed or thrill of the hunt needs buffed

  • Hes asking for survivor one bcs they never have downsides

  • There are plenty of survivor perks that give literally no value at all unless very specific conditions are met. I would say that no value is a downside.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    Hex Perks.

    Maybe I should have said that I meant perks for Survivors, my bad.

  • OoO has a downside.


    It's massively outweigthed by it's good part... but...it exists.


    Gotta be injured to use resilience.

    Gotta get hurt, a lot, to activate mettle of man.

    For the people and deliverance make you broken.


    Perks have downsides

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    OoO has a downside.

    It's massively outweigthed by it's good part... but...it exists.

    Gotta be injured to use resilience.

    Gotta get hurt, a lot, to activate mettle of man.

    For the people and deliverance make you broken.

    Perks have downsides

    I know that perks do have downsides, I was asking for a perk that does have a permanent downside, like No Mither or in my example permanent hindered penalty.