Why are splinter offerings being disabled??

I loved every now and then getting the ability to play just a game with one of the killers I haven't bought. It's not the same as buying the killer, it wasn't a replacement so I dont see what the problem was. Also they gave me a chance to play a killer before I bought them to know if I'd actually like them. I'd never have bought Michael if I didn't play him with splinters before. Why just remove a small fun part of the game?? I can't really afford to spend money on every single killer that comes out. I bought the game, can't I just get thrown a bone now and then for already having supported BHVR?

Comments

  • Because no one use splinter offerings anymore. I play this game for over 2,5 years and i haven't see more than 4-5 splinter offering killers

  • Because all the people who did buy all the dlc had bloodwebs full of the splinters.

  • Waste of bloodpoints.

  • I can tell you why exactly. This is a move from bhvr to generate more money. They will sooner or later introduce licence master challenges in the rift. From a business POV it's just the best way to disable these offerings so everyone has to buy them characters in order to finish challenges.

    I personally don't own Freddy. Will never buy him. I have many splinters and wanted to use them in case Freddy challenges appear. Well I guess bhvr smelled this one and reacted.

  • I am g lad they are gone. They were an annoying forced waste of bloopoints. Thing is they could have left them in the game but just taken them out of the damn blood web.

    Put them in the store and make them cost like 1000 iri shards or something.

    I don't think their license contract allows that though.

  • @DwightOP said:

    I can tell you why exactly. This is a move from bhvr to generate more money. They will sooner or later introduce licence master challenges in the rift. From a business POV it's just the best way to disable these offerings so everyone has to buy them characters in order to finish challenges.

    I personally don't own Freddy. Will never buy him. I have many splinters and wanted to use them in case Freddy challenges appear. Well I guess bhvr smelled this one and reacted.

    uh you realize the challenges most likely would have something with his perks...and splinters make it so you are perkless. so you wouldnt really be able to do that.

  • I think it is because the first time you try a new killer, you will probably suck. That might put you off buying it.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Because all the people who did buy all the dlc had bloodwebs full of the splinters.

    Lolwut? I've bought every killer and I've never seen a splinter offering. Your statement is a load of crock.

  • I believe they were removed for a few different reasons:

    1. They were very rarely used.

    2. They were a waste of bloodpoints if you didn't use them.

    3. Playing killers without perks (or with their level 1 teachables) didn't usually give good first impressions on them, making people probably less likely to buy those said killers.

    4. Probably terribly coded and buggy.

    5. Possible issues with licenced killers.

  • @det0xxp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1150585#Comment_1150585

    Lolwut? I've bought every killer and I've never seen a splinter offering. Your statement is a load of crock.

    Im so happy for you that you never ran into splinters on your bloodwebs. Yes i exaggerated the amount of splinters i came across. But it was at least 1 every 2-3 webs at level 50. Every one i couldn't avoid was an absolute waste of my resources.

    Call it confirmation bias or just human nature for something that one hates to stuck out in ones mind more. Either way, they were an annoyance and waste for anyone who came across them that already have the characters.

    Does that clear the issue up?

  • @Shirokuro said:

    I believe they were removed for a few different reasons:

    1. They were very rarely used.

    2. They were a waste of bloodpoints if you didn't use them.

    3. Playing killers without perks (or with their level 1 teachables) didn't usually give good first impressions on them, making people probably less likely to buy those said killers.

    4. Probably terribly coded and buggy.

    5. Possible issues with licenced killers.

    I know in the past there were bugs that let survivors burn splinters and force the killer to play someone else.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1151045#Comment_1151045

    Ahem "Playing THE SPIRIT hit two survivors after post phase"

    "Inflict Madness 3 as THE DOCTOR"

    "Kill all survivors in a trial 1 time by any means as THE SPIRIT"

    "Kill all survivors in a trial 1 time by any means as THE DOCTOR"


    ahem

    Damage 4 Generators while using OVERCHARGE

     Finish repairing 1 Generator 

     and escape the Trial while using POISED


    perks are also used

    IconHelpLoading generators.png


  • to 100% complete a tomb you need the killers perks.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153007#Comment_1153007

    Never said they didn't, However, your argument was that challenges don't utilize the use of KILLERS in them, and that they only use perks.


    that is factually incorrect. i just said "would have something to do with perks"