DS really doesn't punishes tunnelers punishes certain killer plays
This happened to me on PS4.
I really think that DS should get nerfed again, I find it BS that survivors can do anything in front of the killer's eyes and people are doing everything to use it with unbreakable that way they can't be slugged or picked up.
So I was using Oni downed one survivor, hooked her(she was using Nea) and saw a Feng, went to her, downed her I was like "excellent pressure" but then everything went wrong and they popped 2 gens, ok it was kinda weird so I got slightly worried and carried on, they popped a gen far away and that way I could do a 3 gen strat, they were hook bombing and exchanging hook, after they did that all 4 had DS and Unbreakable, 1 died on 2nd hook and 3 lived, so before the EGC I found this Jake that was just walking, downed him and hooked him, they opened the doors and went to save Jake, I saw Feng and ofc I went to her, downed her and hooked her, Jake came to the rescue, and ofc the game instead of letting me just down him and slug him for a bit, went for a grab(thank you game) Jake DS'ed me, and carried on, Feng went through a window, I hit her and went to the gate, she had BT, but they didn't opened 1 gate, it was like 99%, so they the Jake and Feng started Teabagging (of course this is ps4 so it's way toxic)Feng started sending me msgs even before she left saying how much I sucked in the game, downed her and of course get DS because I was being a tunneler.
This isn't the first time this happens, DS doesn't punish tunnelers, DS saves dumb plays that survivors do and of course don't forget the "I get on a locker" strat or game deciding to grab instead of hit when I'm far away.
I really love this game, it is a lot of fun but it has become a game that everyone abuses mechanics, this is on PS4 again, unrelated to PC, I have played with people on my pc and most are very nice and kind even when I don't have M&K experience.
In my opinion the Devs should make DS stay permanently if people are seriously being tunneled and 30 seconds if they are not because of how much people are abusing it nowadays.
Sorry for being that guy it has been happening more and more since the Ruin nerf.
Feel Free to call me names or whatever, feel free to comment or tell me why DS shouldn't be nerfed or why it should.
Thanks.
Comments
The problem with DS is that although it can be an anti tunnel perk, it usually isn't. There are many situations where it is abused or you get unlucky.
Let's say you're running make your choice, so you have reason to go back to the hook, but no one is there. You search for a bit and see the unhooked survivor. Is it tunnelling? No but ds activates.
Now let's say you're just patrolling gens, and you see a recently unhooked survivor on it. That's not tunnelling either but ds activates.
I believe if ds thoroughly needs to be anti tunnel you can't perform any action besides healing and the killer needs to be within 40 meters upon the hooked player being saved.
DS needs adjusting for moments like that as much as survivors will say you shouldn't off tunneled Jake then what do you want the killer to do let them have a free escape, this is the problem killers have with DS survivors can use it to get a free unhook right in front off your face knowing you can't do anything about it. If they want to do plays like that soon as the Jake went for the unhook and started unhooking Feng DS should deactivate start making survivors do safe unhooks and not just rush the hook knowing they have DS and there is nothing the killer can do if they grab them instead off hitting them, even then they can't pick them up because of DS.
DS is a free 60 second grace period where they're untouchable. It's bad to always assume every survivor has it, so try this instead; punish survivors at every opportunity. Ignore the notion to let any misplay go without warning just because you don't want to "tunnel". This will guarantee you waste any and all charges in the team before the endgame, where DS becomes extremely powerful.
tl;dr: survivors with DS are usually easy to punish, get the stun out if the way early to diminish its value (its only five seconds)
Can't preform any action other then self healing or being healed, thats it, do that and DS is fine, although taking a protection hit should also turn it off imo, no abusing it as some shield.
Other then that the time limit of 60 seconds should pause if you are actively being chased, because on the other side of the coin, its bs to be good enough to not get hit by a killer for 60 seconds, only to go down after and not get DS, you were still tunneled (hard) and were just good enough to avoid getting downed for ...too long.
The range thing would not be needed on top of that as certain killers have means to get back really quickly and can still easily be considered tunneling.
i would change the healing bit that once fully healed it deactivates if they have enough time to stop and fully heal then the killer not tunneling them and your back to two hits before your downed, unless it's a killer which can do it in 1 hit which healing won't make a difference if your healed or not.
I'd rather just eat the DS and get it out of the way without having to worry about it later, especially during the end game collapse.
If a killer REALLY wants to tunnel you, they'll eat the DS and go at you again, or stand over you for a minute.
It doesn't do it's job in the sense of it DELAYS tunnelling.
Do I know how to fix the issue? No. I won't pretend to. I do believe that it is largely preventable, if made a punishable offence.
But is this """legitimate""" strategy ever going to get the same treatment as face-camping, an issue that has a minimal and quite frankly insulting penalty? No. Not really.
Well, thanks to all of you, I didn't expect everyone to be kind to each other and me lol, as for the "eat the DS" topic, Idk how is it on PC or Xbox but on ps4 they bring everything to gen rush and send you DMs since we don't have endgame chat, even if you put it to private they will spam friend requests just to tell you stuff, basically if you eat one DS it's most likely game over for you, and no one plays solo on ps4, it's extremely rare to see a solo player so constant communication wins.
Thank you guys/gals again for being this kind and keeping things low.
Just make it so if you get healed or the killer hooks someone else, DS deactivates. If you chased+hooked someone else it proves you didn't tunnel.
My only issue with DS is it's too safe. Often I run into the hooked survivor by chance, down them again and DS is still ready. Someone with DS makes a hook save right in front of me. There is no right decision. One has ds. The other can have BT and DS. You slug, they can run unbreakable. For F#@$s sake, if you need all these perks to escape maybe you shouldn't have escaped in the first place. You should have died and learn to git gud.