Developers, don't be upset with your community being toxic when your game condone's such actions


Devs aren't stupid guys, despite what you may think they are people too and they understand what occurs in their own product.

So I hope they also understand that when they see or hear about clips of a killer face camping, 4 man swf's tbag bullying squads, or ebony mori noed spam users, or flashlight sabo squads, or just anything inbetween... they full and well understand they have the power to change that behavior.

You think i'm wrong?

Imagine tomorrow the developers say, "Hey community! We have this roadmap, we want to rework these said maps, we want to rebalance these said killers, we want to take a look at these said addons and offerings on both sides, we want to take a look at these underused perks on both sides, and we want to introduce some new mechanic to liven up the dbd repetitive gameplay"

Wouldn't that be swell? Most of DBD's gameplay issues wrapped up in a nice little sentence, but no. The devs say the best answer is no answer and many of these problems continue to go unresolved and ignored as they baby step their way to making a better game without ever directly addressing the elephant in the room.

Making these changes won't cure all toxicity, that's just how people can be at times, they abuse things. But making the game fun and have a level fairness on both sides but still stay's realized to the core of the game promotes positive gameplay and behavior as when both sides can realize the strengths of each other but still have tools to combat them, a level of respect is formed and each side can enjoy how they outwit each other instead of, "I abuse that mechanic so hah, gg ez" or "I abuse that mechanic so hah, you die in one hook"

So next time you get genrushed by a toxic swf or you get face camped buy a hopeless bubba, don't blame that player, blame the devs that allowed such playstyles to exist for for so long in the first place.

Comments

  • I don't care how pure and wholesome you make a video game, people will find a way to be toxic in it. Trying to eliminate all toxicity from any game is a fool's errand. I'd much rather they focused on the things that do matter like map size.

  • @Kwikwitted said:

    I don't care how pure and wholesome you make a video game, people will find a way to be toxic in it. Trying to eliminate all toxicity from any game is a fool's errand. I'd much rather they focused on the things that do matter like map size.

    I guess you missed the part where I said "we want to rework these said maps"

  • @LoverOfDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1142555#Comment_1142555

    I guess you missed the part where I said "we want to rework these said maps"

    I didn't miss it, it was the one part of your whine fest that made any sense.

  • You realize that re-working perks, reworking maps and everything else takes time, right? It's not like they can go in tomorrow and be like "Okay, this map has been reworked, these add-ons have been changed, etc..." Reworking a perk takes time. They have to look at the perk, see how its used, then decide how it can be changed without making the game broken in some way. Then they have to actually code the perk.

  • @Kwikwitted said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1142558#Comment_1142558

    I didn't miss it, it was the one part of your whine fest that made any sense.

    Oh look. Someone made a genuine post with a genuine point and someone comes in to spout bullshit without adding anything to the original topic.


    Never seen that before. Ignore this guy, he's adding nothing to the conversation.

  • @KingFrost said:

    You realize that re-working perks, reworking maps and everything else takes time, right? It's not like they can go in tomorrow and be like "Okay, this map has been reworked, these add-ons have been changed, etc..." Reworking a perk takes time. They have to look at the perk, see how its used, then decide how it can be changed without making the game broken in some way. Then they have to actually code the perk.

    I said a roadmap... not a next week update, please read the post


  • People do blame the devs though, don't they. Like half the jokes on this forum is people making dev competency jokes.


    Honestly I like the game and the devs. The game is buggered in a lot of ways, I feel it was released before it was finished and that would make sense since MOST of DBD true issues are the fact that these maps have got nothing on them which is why looping and time wasting are such valid tactics. If the maps were more broken up by varying useful...sometimes even useless thing for both killer and survivor in the chase and hiding the game would be a lot more enjoyabe. Most of survivors toxic and boring plays are purely down to loops being so valid as well as exploits.


    Same for killers really.


    But I never felt the dev gave up on their game. They've made a lot of choices that made me mad, some choices that were geniunely surprisingly effective but I feel like I've watched the devs stumble at asyemmtric pvp games. A genre of pvp games that other bigger companies have tried...and failed fantastically at. It's a very niche...very hard to balance genre so I'm willing to give them a bit of leeway. The devs get ######### alot but I believe that love or hate 'em. BHVR team will probably be the ground work a lot of other teams and devs will look at when more asyemmtrical pvp games pop up.


    Hell, they probably are. It's not exactly surprising that AFTER DBD has been out for a while all the games that crack at PVP assyemtrical are horror. Last Year and Hide or Die for example. Before that This genre was mostly just....evolution. That forgotten game where you're a monster fighting against sci-fi hunters.


    Also they're FINALLY adding new stuff to the maps-granted it's only breakable walls but at least it's something- most people don't remember the dark days. The days where the game was utterly buggered. Killers were slow and constantly nerfed while DS was literally body armor. It was so powerful that people never picked up obsession or went after them due to it.


    Slowly but surely. We got perk overhauls-sloppy butcher went from meh to fantastic synergy for one- killers got buffs and reworks. Freddy got lifted from F tier to S tier. I think the devs are FINALLY finding their feet. It took a long time. I don't know why the game was released like this.


    But they managed to build faith from me even if they nerfed ruin.


    I don't think focusing on fairness is a good way to go to fixing DBD. This type of game is not built for fairness due to the assymetrical state of it. Because no matter what one player has to outcompete 4 with perks, possibly swf, possibly with comms. I think fairness is out the window. The best way this game can fix itself is to try to make killers scary again, focus on immerssion, verstaility, variety and atmosphere. Getting rid of the ranking system would be nice. I hate to have a fun game then told I didn't chase a survivor for a proper alotment of time so ENTITY DISPLEASED.


    The games most fun parts are when chases have actual dupes and not just safety areas and loops and the perk variety. If the maps and hiding could have 1/6th of the variety the perks have then the game would be less toxic and more fun. I think.

  • Not directed at you but in general...

    Just because we "feel" things are toxic doesn't make those things toxic.

    Also, If a game is actually affecting your mental health, I would suggest seeking help.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    Not directed at you but in general...

    Just because we "feel" things are toxic doesn't make those things toxic.

    Also, If a game is actually affecting your mental health, I would suggest seeking help.

    I think facecamping a person or tbagging and flashlight spamming survivors are quite toxic

  • @LoverOfDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143006#Comment_1143006

    I think facecamping a person or tbagging and flashlight spamming survivors are quite toxic

    That is your opinion, I think the opposite. The devs don't seem to share your perspective based on their game mechanics.