Key Challenge

Any tips? I'm getting walloped here. I really don't want to turn to hiding in a locker all game. Yet I'm nearly out of keys

Comments

  • Plunderer's is your friend. You've got a decent chance of getting a key from a chest, so you won't run out. Aside from that, don't sweat it too much. Play like you normally would. Either you'll die, you'll be the last one alive, or the gens will get done and you can run around looking for the hatch.

  • Yeah, this was not a good idea for a challenge. Killers ######### about keys nonstop already.

  • @Peanits said:

    Plunderer's is your friend. You've got a decent chance of getting a key from a chest, so you won't run out. Aside from that, don't sweat it too much. Play like you normally would. Either you'll die, you'll be the last one alive, or the gens will get done and you can run around looking for the hatch.

    I'm happy I completed the challenge out of all the challenges of tome 2 this was (in my opinion) the hardest challenge and I hope there isn't any harder than that please

  • @Peanits said:

    Plunderer's is your friend. You've got a decent chance of getting a key from a chest, so you won't run out. Aside from that, don't sweat it too much. Play like you normally would. Either you'll die, you'll be the last one alive, or the gens will get done and you can run around looking for the hatch.

    I'll try that, Franklin's is the number one issue I'm struggling with during this challenge. Getting the key in game could prevent the Killer running it

  • @Peanits said:

    Plunderer's is your friend. You've got a decent chance of getting a key from a chest, so you won't run out. Aside from that, don't sweat it too much. Play like you normally would. Either you'll die, you'll be the last one alive, or the gens will get done and you can run around looking for the hatch.

    when i bring in level 3 plunderers i tend to get items like brown toolboxes or broken keys haha

  • Don't forget that you can also wait for the killer to kick the hatch closed during the End Game Collapse & then re-open it with the key. Usually they'll head to one of the exit doors immediately after kicking it closed, so you'll get a free hatch.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Yeah, this was not a good idea for a challenge. Killers ######### about keys nonstop already.

    Tables will turn next week. Level 4 has "Mori 3 survivors" as their first challenge.

  • @2LuvRias said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136195#Comment_1136195

    I'll try that, Franklin's is the number one issue I'm struggling with during this challenge. Getting the key in game could prevent the Killer running it

    If you worry about Franklin's, hide the Key until you know the Hatch has spawned.

  • I love to get some good loot, not to use it in the next trial, but to collect it in my inventory. Yeah, @Peanits is right! :)

  • @Zensunim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136200#Comment_1136200

    Tables will turn next week. Level 4 has "Mori 3 survivors" as their first challenge.

    Sounds like it will be a fun week. some people have been dc'ing while in the loading screen if there is a mori just to avoid it because you don't get the dc penalty if you leave that early. with that challenge, i wonder how fast dc'ing in the loading screen will catch on.

    and the tunneling and camping is about to get way worse if thats even possible.

  • Just play the game like normal, like I don't get why everyone is playing toxic to get that challenge even I got it and I am trash at this game.

  • @just_a_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136261#Comment_1136261

    Sounds like it will be a fun week. some people have been dc'ing while in the loading screen if there is a mori just to avoid it because you don't get the dc penalty if you leave that early. with that challenge, i wonder how fast dc'ing in the loading screen will catch on.

    and the tunneling and camping is about to get way worse if thats even possible.

    Devour Hope on an indoor map usually works quite well as an alternative.

  • I used Purple Keys w/ Prove Thyself/Better Together/Decisive Strike/Lithe to get it.

    Just crank those gens.

  • @just_a_noob said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136261#Comment_1136261

    Sounds like it will be a fun week. some people have been dc'ing while in the loading screen if there is a mori just to avoid it because you don't get the dc penalty if you leave that early. with that challenge, i wonder how fast dc'ing in the loading screen will catch on.

    and the tunneling and camping is about to get way worse if thats even possible.

    People fighting for Fastest Alt+F4 in the West.

  • @Raccoon said:

    I used Purple Keys w/ Prove Thyself/Better Together/Decisive Strike/Lithe to get it.

    Just crank those gens.

    i'll keep this build in mind for the level 4 challenges where you have to escape through the hatch twice. i'll also make sure i bring in a buffed toolbox to make gen repair speeds go faster

    or maybe i'll bring in left behind so i can see hatch if i'm the last one left. (instead of better together)

  • Get yourself a swf buddy and as soon as 4/5 gens or 5/5 gens are done, look for the hatch. Having the second person to tell you where it is is really helpful. That's how I got mine very quickly, 2 games in a row.

  • @Skelemania said:

    Don't forget that you can also wait for the killer to kick the hatch closed during the End Game Collapse & then re-open it with the key. Usually they'll head to one of the exit doors immediately after kicking it closed, so you'll get a free hatch.

    That’s just what I did, combined with Left Behind. I gave up on trying to use Plunderers after about six games because I was finding everything but keys.

  • @Zensunim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136200#Comment_1136200

    Tables will turn next week. Level 4 has "Mori 3 survivors" as their first challenge.

    So they went from a miserable challenge to a miserable challenge. Joy.

  • Two challenges that ensure players' stocks of keys and pink moris get used up...

  • I legit played Left Behind and was immersed the whole 2 games. Was painful, but it was an experience that's for sure.