Gen Progress
I have an idea for gen progress for the top tiers that I think would solve the swf problem for killers. All that needs to be done is to pool the ranks of the team, and handicap gen repair speed accordingly. Lower rank teams could repair faster, higher ranks just a bit slower. What do you guys think?
Comments
Yeah, thats great.
Let me do the most boring thing in this game even longer for ranking up.
The devs are binning ranks soon - anything that's based on rank won't be possible to imlement.
With the lack of any rank rewards, this would just encourage survivors to derank for fast and simple games.
That is not the discussion we are having at the moment ("How can we increase the time for the survivors' objective?"). That's a thought for a later time. (One problem with your idea is that it would encourage de-ranking, but let's not get into details here.)
The big discussion we are having is still: "Do killers need more time to get their objective done?" Atm, it doesn't look like the devs plan to give killers more time.
Just from a technical point, ranks are not getting removed, they won't be used for matchmaking, but they will still "be there" (for no purpose). An implementation would be technically possible, it just would not make sense.
You are just asking people to actively De-rank more so they can bully babies.
Not to mention rank so far meant nothing but pure playtime.
From what I've read, they'll be there for a bit as a fallback in case the new system doesn't work out, but will get completely removed eventually. The thing is, I assume that op is after a long-term solution and based on this anything related to ranks could only be implemented in the short-run
Swf lol this game requires teamwork on the survivor side ######### lol
So how can de ranking be stopped? I don’t know of any way that would be effective.
maybe you don’t increase the time to do gens, but you add another gen to the map, and increase total needed to power gates by one.
I think regardless of what you do, you are going to get derankers unless they make it really difficult to de rank.
The only way to really make de-ranking stop is to make ranking more appealing.
i.e. a multiplier to BP per game for certain ranks/Cells and Shards given for a period at a certain rank.
I suppose they could make outfits for your survivor you can only wear based on rank.