How do YOU best use sprint burst?

I really like Sprint burst, sometimes... and other times I think it’s hindering me. I’d like to hear how other people use it, also aside from 99-ing any other little tips and tricks you care to share?

I don’t walk everywhere because of it, generally I sprint to my first gen or even future gens and in most cases it’s up before the killer finds me to start a chase.

The time I most often 99 it is on my way to unhook someone so hopefully we can both get away

Comments

  • It's a complicated dead hard with better payoff. That's how i use it at least.

  • By swapping it out for Lithe.

  • @Awakey said:

    By swapping it out for Lithe.

    I do once in a While to be honest lol, I almost wanna run NO exhaustion perk but I can’t bring myself to it

  • Pair it with Fixated or Urban Evasion if you want mobility without hampering yourself too much trying not to set it off.

  • @Tactless_Ninja said:

    Pair it with Fixated or Urban Evasion if you want mobility without hampering yourself too much.

    I hate to use fixated and SB taking up two spots at that point I’d rather use a different perk with one slot even if it’s not quite as useful as SB

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122187#Comment_1122187

    I hate to use fixated and SB taking up two spots at that point I’d rather use a different perk with one slot even if it’s not quite as useful as SB

    All really depends on how you see yourself playing. If it's for gens, you don't really need to be careful around using it too soon.

  • It helps me repair unsafe gens in safety (since I can SB to a pallet in case the killer comes), I also 99 it to have a speed burst whenever required. Hands down one of the best perks.


  • @Awakey said:

    By swapping it out for Lithe.

    I use to prefer lithe over SB because I had more control over it. I was free to run around without getting exhausted. My problem was I couldn't find a vault when I needed it. I have a terrible habit of running to the worse areas as survivor. Id fast vault for lithe and I would run to a dead zone. That could be solved with windows of opportunity or better routing. I found SB gave me a better chance to get to a pallet/vault before the killer got that first hit. It also helped against stealth killers. Gave me a chance to escape before they got a hit on me.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122160#Comment_1122160

    I do once in a While to be honest lol, I almost wanna run NO exhaustion perk but I can’t bring myself to it

    I think SB is the worst exhaustion perk in the game.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1122181#Comment_1122181

    I think SB is the worst exhaustion perk in the game.

    Lol, how so?

    1) No requirement to use, unlike every other exhaustion perk.

    2) Gives you a potentially free escape to a safer area from even unsafe, dead zone gens.

    3) Can be 99’d for mid-chase shenanigans.

    But please, use Dead Hard so I can just chainsaw you as Billy and render the perk useless.

    Or run Balanced, where it has little to no use on a lot of maps. Sprint Burst with a falling requirement.

    Or Head On, where you have to stay still and not be productive in repairing gens.

    Or Lithe, which is Sprint Burst with a vault requirement.