Opinion: Deathslinger should not be 110%

While the power is nice and good at catching survivors (from medium distance) when not at a loop, his movement speed is not good when missing and punishes him quite a bit especially considering the amount of things that can go into it.

  1. You have to be precise to get a hit, with hit boxes and dedicated servers being a thing, it can be a little iffy.
  2. If a survivor is at a good loop with obstacles, the killer can be looped easily being 110%.
  3. Survivors can bodyblock the hooked survivor robbing you of a down.
  4. Getting to generators takes more time and you have no mobility whatsoever to help you reach a far generator you know is being worked on. Unlike nurse who can blink, spirit who can phase walk, and huntress who can possibly get a hit with a hatchet.


What are your thoughts? It’s too early to rank the killer plus changes can happen, but so far as movement speed goes, Deathslinger doesn’t really belong in the 110% category.

Comments

  • I agree, since he only has one shot, if he had one or two more shots, then he'd be the perfect speed. But, one shot isn't enough to warrant a 110% speed

  • Yeah I feel like he either needs that or for his shot to down survivors when they're already injured. A killer with no map pressure+slow movespeed+no consistent way of downing survivors with his power is a recipe for disaster. He needs at least one out of those things.

    And I really dislike killer powers that can't consistently get you downs.

  • Agree. His power is not THAT strong.

    Make hillbilly 110%.

  • I won't exactly vouch for either side, but what I will say is I've already seen maneuvers where the Deathslinger will harpoon somebody and even if the survivor already dropped a pallet at a loop, they were still able to be immobilized/dragged around the side of the loop to still secure a hit. I don't think he's exactly top tier or anything, but I just think it's a little too early to say something like this. People will figure out exactly how good he is at which loops in just a little time, and then we'll have a lot more concrete evidence to look at and decide.

    My one problem is that certain shots that were shot in videos I watched looked like they flew through a survivor. Maybe it's a server problem, but if that didn't happen then I could imagine myself playing this killer even at 110% speed.

  • I like how being hit by a harpoon affects the survivor's immune system and makes them immune to further hits. You just have to make sure the killer can't get close to you.

  • I would be totally fine with him being 110% if getting a hit with your power had a higher chance of getting a hit on your target than right now. Between areas with lots of debris, the sheer strength of struggling against the chain, dropping a pallet at a safe loop, and other Survivors bodyblocking, it's very easy to prevent Deathslinger from hitting the Survivor he's shot, and that to me is his biggest problem.

  • @Huff said:

    I won't exactly vouch for either side, but what I will say is I've already seen maneuvers where the Deathslinger will harpoon somebody and even if the survivor already dropped a pallet at a loop, they were still able to be immobilized/dragged around the side of the loop to still secure a hit. I don't think he's exactly top tier or anything, but I just think it's a little too early to say something like this. People will figure out exactly how good he is at which loops in just a little time, and then we'll have a lot more concrete evidence to look at and decide.

    My one problem is that certain shots that were shot in videos I watched looked like they flew through a survivor. Maybe it's a server problem, but if that didn't happen then I could imagine myself playing this killer even at 110% speed.

    It is early and his power can be brutal in a 1v1 with open space, I don’t see him being really viable at safe pallets, loops with obstacles, and against multiple survivors at once. It is too early to say but the only reason I think he should be 115% is because he has no map pressure whatsoever. With a 110% killer with a power only great in a 1v1, it just isn’t viable.