Does anyone else think that the majority of killers are in a good spot?

Is it just me? im not saying all of them(legion, bubba, clown) but a lot of them are pretty strong and viable in red ranks if you know how to use them correctly

Comments

  • I say not quite most of them. But it's very close. More like 40% of Killers are in a good place.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    I say not quite most of them. But it's very close. More like 40% of Killers are in a good place.

    interesting amount. what killers do you think need some help?

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105053#Comment_1105053

    interesting amount. what killers do you think need some help?

    Trapper, Wraith, Myers, Hag, Bubba, Pig, Clown, Legion, Plague and Demo (demo not as much as the others, but still needs QOL improvements).

  • The game is more balanced than people give it credit but I wouldn't say the majority are well balanced

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105053#Comment_1105053

    interesting amount. what killers do you think need some help?

    I draw the line at Ghostface.

    Ghostface himself needs a very small buff. Anyone stronger than him is fine. Anyone weaker than him needs buffs.

    Currently the Deathslinger and the new Doctor I haven't finished evaluating.

    Of those I have:

    Myers, Clown, bubba, pig, legion, trapper, wraith and Oni (not in that order) need buffs.

    Plague would be on that list but the buff I wanted is being implemented so she might be fine now.

    That means:

    Nurse

    Spirit

    Hag

    Demogorgon

    Freddy

    Huntress

    Billy

    Are fine.

    That's 6 fine Killers, 8 Killers that need buffs and 3 pending evaluation.

  • @Frankie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105058#Comment_1105058

    Trapper, Wraith, Myers, Hag, Bubba, Pig, Clown, Legion, Plague and Demo (demo not as much as the others, but still needs QOL improvements).

    i agree with you, all except plague, demo, myers and hag. Hag and Demo are really strong if you know how to use them correctly and hag is super strong if you have a survivor in the basement. Myers has some pretty strong addons but i would agree that maybe he needs more map pressure. and as for plague, she recently got a "buff" i believe the corrupted fountain being there at the beginning of the game will scare survivors into cleansing . this will help take the control of her power from the survivors and giving it back to her.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105058#Comment_1105058

    I draw the line at Ghostface.

    Ghostface himself needs a very small buff. Anyone stronger than him is fine. Anyone weaker than him needs buffs.

    Currently the Deathslinger and the new Doctor I haven't finished evaluating.

    Of those I have:

    Myers, Clown, bubba, pig, legion, trapper, wraith and Oni (not in that order) need buffs.

    Plague would be on that list but the buff I wanted is being implemented so she might be fine now.

    That means:

    Nurse

    Spirit

    Hag

    Demogorgon

    Freddy

    Huntress

    Billy

    Are fine.

    That's 6 fine Killers, 8 Killers that need buffs and 3 pending evaluation.

    how do you think they should buff oni? i find him in a better spot what with him getting most of his flick back.

  • No, the majority of killers is not in a good place. But you can still have great matches even with Bubba and Legion at red ranks, because a lot of survivors who are reds don't actually play like reds. And when you face a skilled team, you feel helpless without Nurse or Spirit.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    No, the majority of killers is not in a good place. But you can still have great matches even with Bubba and Legion at red ranks, because a lot of survivors who are reds don't actually play like reds. And when you face a skilled team, you feel helpless without Nurse or Spirit.

    i would have to respectfully disagree, at least from my experience i have been able to win against optimal teams with legion for example. ( no im not saying he is strong)

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105058#Comment_1105058

    I draw the line at Ghostface.

    Ghostface himself needs a very small buff. Anyone stronger than him is fine. Anyone weaker than him needs buffs.

    Currently the Deathslinger and the new Doctor I haven't finished evaluating.

    Of those I have:

    Myers, Clown, bubba, pig, legion, trapper, wraith and Oni (not in that order) need buffs.

    Plague would be on that list but the buff I wanted is being implemented so she might be fine now.

    That means:

    Nurse

    Spirit

    Hag

    Demogorgon

    Freddy

    Huntress

    Billy

    Are fine.

    That's 6 fine Killers, 8 Killers that need buffs and 3 pending evaluation.

    I love how people complain GFs reveal is broken. When I play as him survivors have no trouble revealing me unless I block LoS.

    "GF can expose me when I'm looking right at him, BROKEN!"

    "Why are you out in the open, standing still looking at him?"

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1105097#Comment_1105097

    i would have to respectfully disagree, at least from my experience i have been able to win against optimal teams with legion for example. ( no im not saying he is strong)

    Sorry, a team that loses against Legion is not optimal. But we can disagree here.

  • I think a good part of the cast have powers that work well in enough situations, but even though those powers are well designed and work in enough situations due to the general speed of the game I don't believe they are in a good spot. The killer powers outside of a select few are at a good point of balance, the actual killers that hold those powers? Not doing too hot due to the general killer mechanics.

  • Billy, Hag, Doctor, Huntress, Freddy, Pig (controversial but she is quite literally the “Jack of all Trades.), Spirit, Demogorgon, and Oni are all in a decent spot.

    All Trapper needs is to start with all his traps.

    Wraith some fixing because when stunned or blinded while cloaked, he remains cloaked and has to uncloak himself. Also needs a slight movement speed buff while cloaked.

    Nurse is still the best killer in my opinion. I still think the blink recharges were unnecessary.

    Myers sometimes can’t stalk on dedicated servers.

    Leatherface, Clown, and Legion need an entire rework.

    Plague is decently strong and now that she is going to at least have one corrupt pool it’ll be a good buff since she can actually use her power. Another good buff would be status effects added to the survivor if they choose to stay injured for a lengthy period of time.

    Ghostface is pretty balanced, but the reveal mechanic is pretty jank.

    Deathslinger is too new and I haven’t played him so I can’t give an opinion but it seems that the range could be longer.

    Only three killers need a lot of TLC.

  • Yes. Very nice progression from the Doctor. The Legion and the Wraith have regained some stamina. The Nurse and the Oni doubt themselves. The Demogorgon seems to be shunned. The Clown and the Cannibal always shame the rest of the killer gang. The Hillbilly, the Spirit, the Ghostface and the Nightmare eternally keep their position of merciless killers.

    Evolution of the ratings killers - dennisreep (2).png


  • Yeah, I think many Killers are quite alright from their power. Not compareable to Killers like Nurse or Spirit, but not bad at all.

    I would say that Billy, Nurse, Myers, Hag, Huntress, Doctor, Freddy, Pig, Spirit, Plague, Ghostface, Demogorgon and Oni are playable at Red Ranks with good results. Not all of them vs highly coordinated Teams, but those are rare.

    Wraith and Trapper are also okish in Red Ranks, but might need some Love.

    Bubba, Legion, Clown need a little bit more than "some" love. While Bubba is not the worst Killer, he still is highly add-on dependant (play Bubba with the best Add Ons and he is quite solid, but this should not be the goal) and besides his Chargetime Add Ons does not have anything useful (or completely useless Add Ons like the only Add Ons which are related to him - the Chili Add Ons).

    For Legion and Clown... I dont know what they can do. Legion is dangerous to work around, a complete Rework would be great AND something that removes Deep Wound from BT. BT should function in the same way it does know, but without Deep Wound (or Legion should function without Deep Wound). This would make it possible to work on Legion without messing around with BT.

    Regarding Clown, his biggest problem is that he has a Chase Power, but cannot play only Tracking and Slowdown-Perks. Just compare it to Spirit - she can be fine with 4 Tracking Perks or 2 Tracking Perks, 2 Slowdown Perks. Same should also be possible with Clown, when he has a Power which is good for Chases.


    But overall, I think many Killers are in quite a good spot, at least in a better spot than some people call them.