Dying through pallet stuns

Shouldn't ever happen. You either die before the pallet goes down or the stun cancels the swing. No exceptions

Comments

  • Conveniently enough, we did an entire stream on this last week.

    The short version is; there's a disagreement between what you see and what the other guys sees. One of you sees the pallet down in spite of being hit. One of you sees a hit before the pallet is dropped.

  • @Peanits said:

    Conveniently enough, we did an entire stream on this last week.

    The short version is; there's a disagreement between what you see and what the other guys sees. One of you sees the pallet down in spite of being hit. One of you sees a hit before the pallet is dropped.

    Right? I've had to point to that exact segment a dozen times since the video.

    Nobody understands how window lag and killer client hit detection works.

  • @Peanits said:

    Conveniently enough, we did an entire stream on this last week.

    The short version is; there's a disagreement between what you see and what the other guys sees. One of you sees the pallet down in spite of being hit. One of you sees a hit before the pallet is dropped.

    I saw the stream and the explanation but this is still bs

    https://youtu.be/EA0m_aXaPhg


  • This is desync, something unrelated. They are seeing you in a completely different spot.

  • @gatsby said:

    Shouldn't ever happen. You either die before the pallet goes down or the stun cancels the swing. No exceptions

    Don't camp pallets.

    Problem solved.

  • gonna guess your an xbox player that just got dedicated servers welcome to the future of dead by daylight

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1101662#Comment_1101662

    This is desync, something unrelated. They are seeing you in a completely different spot.

    So the team is looking into this I assume? Before dedicated servers i never saw this before.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1101666#Comment_1101666

    So the team is looking into this I assume? Before dedicated servers i never saw this before.

    Yes, that's definitely not intended.

  • @Peanits said:

    Conveniently enough, we did an entire stream on this last week.

    The short version is; there's a disagreement between what you see and what the other guys sees. One of you sees the pallet down in spite of being hit. One of you sees a hit before the pallet is dropped.

    To be honest the fact that the pallet drops, survivors get points for pallet stunning the killer, and you get your deserved hook is a good trade to me. If survivors got away with just abusing their bad connections on top of everything else - would blow my mind.

  • @Peanits said:

    Conveniently enough, we did an entire stream on this last week.

    The short version is; there's a disagreement between what you see and what the other guys sees. One of you sees the pallet down in spite of being hit. One of you sees a hit before the pallet is dropped.

    i can say without a doubt that when I play killer, the survivor stuns me and i still hit them blatantly after the pallet was dropped/I was stunned.

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    gonna guess your an xbox player that just got dedicated servers welcome to the future of dead by daylight

    This has been an issue on console long before dedicated servers were even announced lol

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1101662#Comment_1101662

    This is desync, something unrelated. They are seeing you in a completely different spot.

    Will there ever be a fix to the "No Network" error that happens seemingly at random?

    Even though I'm clearly still connected to my Wifi and LIVE, itll occasionally happen mid match and kick me out, and i dont get any bloodpoints but i do lose my items and offerings.

  • @Peanits said:

    Conveniently enough, we did an entire stream on this last week.

    The short version is; there's a disagreement between what you see and what the other guys sees. One of you sees the pallet down in spite of being hit. One of you sees a hit before the pallet is dropped.

    My main question is how does the pallet go down when the survivor is in the dying state?

    Like if the killer truly got the hit, the survivor wouldn't have been able to move the pallet down right?

    You can say there's a server disagreement, but the killer got stunned, the pallet went down and the survivor is on the other side of the pallet on both screens. It looks wrong and shouldn't be possible from a mechanics standpoint because survivors in the dying state can't perform actions if the survivor was truly hit before the pallet went down

  • @gatsby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1101612#Comment_1101612

    My main question is how does the pallet go down when the survivor is in the dying state?

    Like if the killer truly got the hit, the survivor wouldn't have been able to move the pallet down right?

    You can say there's a server disagreement, but the killer got stunned, the pallet went down and the survivor is on the other side of the pallet on both screens. It looks wrong and shouldn't be possible from a mechanics standpoint because survivors in the dying state can't perform actions

    Again, this was mentioned in the stream. It comes down (mostly) to latency.

    Say you and I both have a 100ms ping.

    • I attack you. The pallet is not down for me.
    • You drop the pallet before I attack.
    • By the time our messages reach each other, I already got the hit, and you get the stun.
    • Both things happen, so it looks like I hit you through the pallet. You can't unhit a survivor, and the survivor can't un-throw the pallet.

    There's not a whole lot you can do here unless you manage absolutely everything on the server, but that's not ideal because then you would have an input delay on everything (including movement).

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1101775#Comment_1101775

    Again, this was mentioned in the stream. It comes down (mostly) to latency.

    Say you and I both have a 100ms ping.

    • I attack you. The pallet is not down for me.
    • You drop the pallet before I attack.
    • By the time our messages reach each other, I already got the hit, and you get the stun.
    • Both things happen, so it looks like I hit you through the pallet. You can't unhit a survivor, and the survivor can't un-throw the pallet.

    There's not a whole lot you can do here unless you manage absolutely everything on the server, but that's not ideal because then you would have an input delay on everything (including movement).

    Thanks I think I get it now. And I was on 100 ms ping too. Guessed that exactly right